EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby [amal] » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:01 pm

Hi Mohsen,

How are you?

I believe that winter is family season. I love to set near the fireplace and listen to my family, this really makes me warm and gives me an inner pace. But it makes me a little lazy so forgive me cause I don't write a lot.

Thanks Mohsen for sharing us those useful and interesting stories, I really enjoyed reading them!

Dear, I loved your last story a lot.The woman in it was really smart.
Behnam has always said : Actions speak louder than words. However, we -women- don't always follow or care about this rule, we love to hear sweet and love words although this is wrong especially when its relate to an emotional matter cause even if we got a good experience and lesson but it's very harmful and break our hearts.

Please keep sharing us those useful stories. Individually I really like to read more so please would you mind giving me the link which you take them from.

Thanks in advanced.

Best wishes

Amal
[amal]
Gold Member

Postby [amal] » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:29 am

In order to hear Love’s words, you must allow Love to approach.
However, when it does draw near, we fear what it might say to us, because Love is free and is not ruled by our will or by what we do.
All lovers know this, but refuse to accept it. They think they can seduce Love through submission, power, beauty, wealth, tears and smiles.
True Love, however, is the love that seduces and will never allow itself to be seduced.
Love transforms, love heals.
We are used to thinking that what we give is the same as what we receive, but people who love, expecting to be loved in return, are wasting their time.
Love is an act of faith, not an exchange.
Contradictions are what make love grow. Conflicts are what allow love to remain by our side.
Life is too short for us to keep important words, for example, ‘I love you’, locked in our hearts.

* From the net
[amal]
Gold Member

Postby WiLZiN » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:39 am

Hi Amal...

How are you my dearest dead ever?!

I like what you Gleaned from the net especially this sentence...
[amal] wrote:Life is too short for us to keep important words, for example, ‘I love you’, locked in our hearts.

Yeah my dearest dead that is true and I like to say "Life is build on love base and love is its axis"
Love is one of few things that you can't bey with money. I resemble love as a planet and love words are its people. they are very friendly creatures to deal with.
Without love there is no husband and wife, no father and mother, no son and daughter, on brother and sister, no you and me.

Have nice days full of love...

-WiLZiN-
WiLZiN
Silver Member

Postby behnam » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:25 am

Hi friends,

You cannot imagine how much I've missed you. I am really dying for you. Thank you very much for keeping the thread active. I love reading your posts. I check the thread EVERYDAY, but I was too busy to post something. Fortunately, I will be off for about 4 days. Answering to Nana's difficult question(Thank you dear Elham for reminding me. I'd forgotten it completely), and writing a long report-formed post to Elham are on my schedule. I'll will carry out these two important tasks on the following days.

Oh, I am happy to read some nice expressions and descriptions about love. I smell the smell of love from the thread. How pleasant it is!

One thing should be mentioned over and over again. I personally have read many love stories related to different cultures. I am also familiar with love. I know what love is. Love without tolerance, sacrificing, respect, patience, forgiveness, care and support is a transitory passion; a desire based on selfishness and neediness.

I am sorry to say that for many men love is as a powerful and effective tool(key) to unlock the gate and enter the amazing land of women. After grazing for some time, and spoiling the beauty of the garden men often leave and their footprints are some children who need a lot of attempts and efforts to be grown up! In many cases, there is no footprint, but the garden is spoiled! Oh my God! Regardless of big responsibilities, children can be at least the evidence of unspoiled beautiful old garden. However, as I said, in many cases, men are even too selfish to leave footprints!

I believe there is some significant points for ladies. Hehehehe...LOL :lol:

Sorry, I have to leave quickly.

All the best,
Behnam, 20 November, 2012

behnam
Gold Member

Postby nanachen » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:31 pm

Dear Mohsen,

Maybe what you said is right.

Last weekend I told my aunt about what it happen to my friend. She explain the good man meet the bad things because of the result of the previous life in Confucianism.Do you believe it is a man has the previous life?If you believe,you think what is your previous life?

Best regards

Nana
nanachen
Silver Member

Postby Mohsen » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:57 pm

Hi Amal,

An untimely winter has come to my city Isfahan, cold raining here and snowy in small towns that are located on the slope of mountains near to Isfahan. Isfahan has experienced drought for four consecutive years — we welcome this heavy winter rainfall. While we’re pleased by the rainfall, we should continue respecting to the need for water conservation.
Sorry for being late in reply , I spend my leisure time in mourning parties , The first 10 days of Moharam is particular days for us and we have ceremony for anniversary of Imam Hossien Martyrdom in the mosques.
It is my pleasure that you enjoyed reading the stories. I gather the stories form my mail box , some group of people who are my friends sometimes send me story ,we send the stories to each other in a circle .
That is true that action speak louder than words , but my dear friend be careful ,some people acts are fake ,they achieved their aim by canning. They pretend that they are open minded , help others , show their love and kindness . But they try to attract people to manipulate their thoughts and acts.

Here is another story , I hope you enjoy it.
B.W
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby Mohsen » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:59 pm

WHEN A LIZARD CAN, WHY CAN"T WE?
This is a true story that happened in Japan .
In order to renovate the house,someone in Japan breaks open the wall.Japanese houses normally have a hollow space between the wooden walls .
When tearing down the walls, he found that there was a lizard stuck there because a nail from outside hammered into one of its feet.He sees this, feels pity, and at the same time curious, as when he checked the nail,it was nailed 10 years ago when the house was first built.
What happened? The lizard has survived in such position for 10 years!!!!!!! !!!
In a dark wall partition for 10 years without moving, it is impossible and mind-boggling.Then he wondered how this lizard survived for 10 years!!! Without moving a single step--since its foot was nailed!
So he stopped his work and observed the lizard, what it has been doing, and what andhow it has been eating.
Later, not knowing from where it came appears another lizard, with food in its mouth.
Ah! He was stunned and touched deeply.For the lizard that was stuck by nail, another lizard has been feeding it for the past 10 years...
Imagine? it has been doing that untiringly for 10 long years, without giving up hope on its partner.
Think, will u do that to your partner?
Think that will you do it to your Mom, who brought you after a big struggle of nine long months?
Or at least to your Dad, Friends, Co-workers, brothers and Sisters?
Imagine what a small creature can do that a creature blessed with a brilliant mind can"t.
As information and communication technology advances ,
our access to information becomes faster and faster.
But the distance between human beings . . . is it getting closer as well?
Please never abandon your loved ones
Never Say U R Busy When They Really Need You ...
You May Have The Entire World At Your Feet.....
But You Might Be The Only World To Them....
A Moment of negligence might break the very heart which loves you thru all odds..
Before you say something just remember?It takes a moment to Break but an entire life to
make...
To Live Use Heart and to Survive use Brains.
Then Life would be a paradise unfurling only Love Joy and Happiness
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby behnam » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:06 am

Hi Friends,

Thankfully, our dear friend Mohsen has agreed that 'actions speak louder than words'. However, he has wisely introduced another topic which is related to another area of knowledge. According to him, now, we should separate fakes from facts. We should also recognize sincere people from pretentious ones. I agree with him. I'd like to thank Mohsen for his nice points.

How can we realize who is who?

First of all, it should be kept in mind that as a general rule, for all creatures, necessity is the main engine of movement! What does it mean? It means right now Behnam is writing these things for some purposes. He is looking for something, maybe he is looking for fame, attention, kindness, etc. Perhaps he is showing off in order to be the center of attention. Maybe, he has found an excuse to write something as well as practise English. Therefore, it is obvious that Behnam is trying to get some benefits from this action(writing). I am sure you know that benefits can be financial or spiritual.

So far, we know that we are all benefit-oriented creatures. We also know that benefits are different. It doesn't necessarily mean that what we do is beneficial. Sometimes we target to benefit(our intention is getting benefit) but the result does not meet our intention. In some cases, something is beneficial for someone, but others may have different ideas. Anyway, people have different ideas about benefit and loss. It depends-to a great extent-on our philosophy of life.

Let's return to the first paragraph. I believe, we should not be too pessimistic about people and the intention of their actions. We should have our own equations in the life. In other words, we ought to have our own goals. On the way of achieving our goals, if someone's actions help us with easier and earlier achievement, we can welcome their actions. This simply means a win-win interaction. Therefore, a win-win interaction(relationship, cooperation, etc.) is OK, no matter what the intention of people is.

Finally, we all know that nothing is perfect in the entire universe, since perfection means prevention to betterment, progress, movement . When evaluating something(an action), we should consider both positiveness and negativeness. After analyzing carefully, we should calculate all pluses and minuses. If the result is positive, that's beneficial for us. When calculation shows that the total is negative, it is against our goals. All in all, I believe, we had better focus on our own goals(equations), instead of too much pessimist and suspicion.

Unfortunately, being in the classrooms for years and living with teacher parents have made me sound as a teacher in every circumstance. I am neither giving tips, nor teaching, nor advising. The style of my writing is like I am giving tips, but I don't actually. I am expressing my ideas. I hope nobody will get upset or annoyed from my way of writing. I don't mean to insult anybody.

These are my ideas. I also don't want to make you think of me as an open-minded person. There is no valid standard for evaluating the amount of open-mindedness or close-mindedness.

All the best,
Behnam, 21 November, 2012

behnam
Gold Member

Postby Elham » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:53 pm

Hi dear Behnam, Amal and Mohsen,

Reading your opinions about this idea that " Actions speaks louder that words" sth came to my mind, I wanna share it with you.

I DO BELIEVE, heart speaks to heart. As we say in Farsi : " Harche az del barayad, lajaran bar del neshinad."

While reading Mohsen's post this saying came to my mind. I believe we CAN recognize fake feelings and words from true ones. Deep down we know how much the person means his words and actions. BUT... sometimes we want to believe fake ones since it is pleasant to us and we can benefit from it, and sometimes we like to deny the true ones since we find it unpleasant , feel jealous, or we are afriad of the results.

If person A says sth to me, I can understand his intention myself,( emmm, not sure ofcourse! :lol: :lol: :lol: ) Let others say what they want. It doesn't affect my sense. I myself should be honest, honest, honest, really honest, and hope ohers believe me and it sure helps me recognize other's honesty too.

By the way, I think we should we careful with our words and actions. I may really mean what I say but the salt should be sefficiant, we shouldn't cause misinterpretation.It's very important. We
always have to keep balance and be careful.

Sth else, I think even those who we suppose are pretending to be open minded, really believe theyare open minded, they just don't know they aren't! {-: isn't it? Oh every thing is relative, there is no any absolute thing.

Dear Behnam, thanks for your very interesting recent posts. As always I enoyed them. And do agree with you on your opinions. You always mean what you say. You are always yourself; an opinionated man who knows what he says and assertively and firmly says so that it always makes him attractive.

All the best,
Elham
Elham
Gold Member

Postby [amal] » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:57 pm

Hi Behnam,

how are you?

Thanks dear for your last posts, I enjoyed reading them a lot, they are very useful for me.

Especially, your last post was really really great! :-)

Please keep writing in this way because we all love and enjoy reading it, noboday will get upset especially when the words are come from a thoughtful mind like yours.

best wishes,

Amal
[amal]
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion