EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Mohsen » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:56 pm

Dear Behnam ,
The poems are difficult to understand , and poets are mysterious , it is said the when a poet would be entangled in rhythm and rhyme ,he starts to talk nonsense.
Sometime the poet praise someone which is no deserved. Many poets compose doggerel about kings, because their life.
It is said that once Saadi did a wrong behavior uncontrolled .when he was sitting among dervishes ,the air went out from his body uncontrollably ,so he composed the following poem
شکم زندان بادست ای خردمند. ندارد هیچ عاقل باد در بند
چو باد اندر شکم پیچد فرو هل. که باد اندر شکم بارست بر دل
حریف ترشروی ناسازگار . چو خواهد شدن دست پیشش مدار

Of course I didn't get the meaning of last verse :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby Mohsen » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:25 pm

The couple reach to mutual understanding when both of them know what are the responsiblities that should be undertaken by each side ,so the is no confilicts and objects in their life.

Banta asked Santa, "What is the secret behind your happy married life?"
Santa said, "You should share responsibilities with due love and respect to each other. Then absolutely there will be no problems."
Bantga asked, "Can you explain?"
Santa said, "In my house, I take decisions on bigger issues where as my wife decides on smaller issues. We do not interfere in each others decisions."
Still not convinced, Banta asked him, "Give me some examples"
Santa said, "Smaller issues like which car we should buy, how much amount to save, when to visit home town, which Sofa, air conditioner, refrigerator to buy, monthly expenses, whether to keep a maid or not etc are decided by my wife. I just agree to it"
Banta asked, "Then what is your role?"
Santa said, "My decisions are only for very big issues. Like whether America should attack Syria, whether the European Union should lift sanctions over Iran, whether UN should revise some rules, etc. Do you know one thing, my wife NEVER objects to any of these."
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby Mohsen » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:31 pm

Diary,
Today I bought 10 kgs walnut in green skin , it was just picked from walnut tree , the walnut core was soft and white.In the evening I peeled the walnuts and broke some of them by fingers. It was really delicious to eat fresh walnut. I also roasted two corns of maize on the fire ,ate them with my wife.
The fresh corns ,fresh walnut and pistachio are all over on the market.
Mohsen
Gold Member

Postby RacGamb » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:32 pm

Great,

There are so many new friends are here..
RacGamb

Postby Mohsen » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:41 pm

What is great

I can't see anyone here,let alone new friends , where are they ,can you help me RacGamb?
:prof: :prof:
Mohsen
Gold Member

Postby behnam » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:40 am

Hi Mohsen,

How are you our loyal friend? I hope your life is full of joy. Don't worry, I am here, and will be here, but these days I am not in the mood for writing. I will write after full recovery. I am going to the hospital 3 times a week(even days) to do special exercise. I will join you soon, Enshallah.

Love your posts,
All the best,
Behnam, 24 September, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Hi Behnam

Postby Kamelia » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:33 am

How is my Golden Heart friend doing? Does he know that I always pray for his health and happiness? {-:

Dear Behnam, I got my very first official salary about two weeks ago. It was such a wonderful experience, since I felt a bit more independent. At least I didn't have to ask mom or dad for money for some months or weeks and that was interesting :-D I was like, now I got my own money, I can buy this or that without asking anyone to help me financially :-D

Restaurants...oh no, not much of a restaurant fan when I'm busy studying. Especially that my sister left the town to her university and I'm a bit alone so...maybe some time later I spend my money on food but not now!

Uh...guess what? I bought some girlish stuff, and then two books. I already started reading one of them because I could not say NO to my appetite for reading :-D One of them is war and peace, of course you know by who and the other is this new book of Paulo Coelho called Aleph, or maybe I think it's new! It's nice. He's such a comfortable author.

Hope to read from you so soon dear,
Kamelia
Silver Member

Hi Shahrbanu

Postby Kamelia » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:49 am

How are you? How is teaching these days? Oh I read your post right the day you wrote it but unfortunately in the afternoon when I wanted to reply to it I ran out of internet credit so I postponed it to now.I'm so sorry if it took me so long but anyway, I hope that by now you are feeling very well {-:
So let me introduce myself at first. I am from Iran and I live in a little town in northern pat of Iran.But I studied English Literature in a very famous university in Iran in Mashhad city. I actually learned to speak English from when I was 13 years old. I used to go to institutes which teach language in its four skills but they mostly focus on conversation and speaking competency, so to speak! Hmmmm....you know what? I used to teach English as a tutor since I was a little girl, say 15 years old. I taught whoever was eager to read and learn. But this year it is very different, I took part in an institute's entry exam which is mostly the TOEFL and was accepted in the interview section too. So I chose to take two classes, one with adults ranging from 16 to 23 and the other with little kiddos of 10 to 15 :-D
The experience was awesome, I'd never had a classes like this. I remember I used to teach in dormitory to a great many of my friends at the same time(like a class) too, but nothing is like a facilitated official class with grade numbers and papers :-D you know what I mean!
And you know what is so good and fun about teaching English? It is that you can use every method you enjoy to spice up the class. You can play music, work with colors, read stories, do riddles, watch a movie or cartoon or even play games. And they all contribute to learning so very well, right?

Now tell me about your students, how many are they? Girls, boys or both? What level is the book you teach? What sort of materials do you have to focus on more? What do you do to reduce the tedium of grammar parts? :-D

Hope to read from you so soon,
Kamelia
Silver Member

The Paradox of Our Time

Postby behnam » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:40 pm

THE PARADOX OF OUR TIME

(Please read this essay carefully!)
A wonderful Message by George Carlin:

The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings but shorter tempers, wider freeways, but narrower viewpoints. We spend more, but have less, we buy more, but enjoy less. We have bigger houses and smaller families, more conveniences, but less time. We have more degrees but less sense, more knowledge, but less judgment, more experts, yet more problems, more medicine, but less wellness.

We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom. We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often.

We've learned how to make a living, but not a life. We've added years to life not life to years. We've been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbor. We conquered outer space but not inner space. We've done larger things, but not better things.

We've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul. We've conquered the atom, but not our prejudice. We write more, but learn less. We plan more, but accomplish less. We've learned to rush, but not to wait. We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less and less.

These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion, big men and small character, steep profits and shallow relationships. These are the days of two incomes but more divorce, fancier houses, but broken homes. These are days of quick trips, disposable diapers, throwaway morality, one night stands, overweight bodies, and pills that do everything from cheer, to quiet, to kill. It is a time when there is much in the showroom window and nothing in the stockroom. A time when technology can bring this letter to you, and a time when you can choose either to share this insight, or to just hit delete.

Remember, spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever.

Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your side.

Remember to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart and it doesn't cost a cent.

Remember
to say "I love you" to your partner and your loved ones, but most of all mean it. A kiss and an embrace will mend hurt when it comes from deep inside of you.

Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment for someday that person will not be there again. Give time to love, give time to speak, and give time to share the precious thoughts in your mind.

Once again:
Remember, spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever.

Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your side.

Please share this article with all people who are selfish, arrogant, and think they are perfect in all aspects!

All the best,
Behnam, 29 September, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby Mohsen » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:25 pm

[b]Hi Behnam,

Thank for your post . This is a fact, and I am wallowing in despair to be far away from my love ones. This my job which spare more of my time.
Very nice to see your writing .that is a signal that you have been released from doctor ,please don't squander more cash on hospital , come back to your sporting manner. I used to see Behnam as sport man.

All the best
Mohsen
[/b]
Mohsen
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion