EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

New car

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

New car

Postby Dixie » Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:48 am

My parents just bought a new car: a convertible one, with automatic transmission. And, according to me, totally useless. My dad showed it to me last night when I got back home. We went for a ride. He looked so satisfied with the car and kept asking me why I didn't like it.

It's not that I don't like the car, it's just that I feel I will never be able to drive that machine. It's because of the automatic transmission. I'm used to gear change and I'm afraid the day I try it I will have a car crash.

So I hope my parents stick to the convertible and I keep the other car, hehehe.

This is the useless machine they got:

Although theirs is golden...

So what would you do? Do you think I should take a try? I'm scared to death!
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Lilian » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:04 pm

dixie that a beautiful car. and i will say autimic car is very useful when u learn it and its very easy. i feel anxious when i see gear changleable car..coz i am not used with it..haha.. seems ur not fast driver...i guess gear car is safer than automic one..

anyway....hopefully u will get ur job done....

good luck..... :)
English is my second language
Lilian
Gold Member

Postby Dixie » Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:37 pm

Thanks...

I'll prolly be trying on Sunday... my dad asked me to...
Dixie

Postby francine » Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:10 pm

try it. you'll never know. :wink: i have never driven an automatic car before. mine is the manual one. just like your old one. one thing i know about driving is that... once you got used to driving a manual one, it will be easier for you to drive the automatic one. and even if you go back to you old one, it will still be the same. same skill like you had before. once you learn how to drive, it won't be erased or relearned anymore. it's there already. it's like... it's already programmed into your system. :wink:
francine
Platinum Member

Postby Dixie » Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:19 pm

Thank you, Grace... I will try on Sunday... :roll: Hope not to have a crash! :D
Dixie

Postby charlotte » Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:24 pm

gee, that's one cool car! :wink: good thing you don't fear trying to drive that bombastic machine. you'll get use to it. it's much easier than shifting gears. i've tried it before and it's like playing bump cars(hopefully you won't really bump it though). the only problem with it is once the machine stops it won't turn on easil since evrything is automatic. wish you luck and enjoy the ride! :D :D
F r E n Z Y F r I e N d
charlotte
Gold Member

Postby Dixie » Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:32 pm

Thank you, Lianne. I will try. Although that car is not for me and I'm not planning to use it. I'll stick to the other one, which is smaller and non-automatic and I'm used to it :D

Thank you all...
Dixie

Postby RedRose » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:51 pm

I am learning driving recently. so I care about cars as well. Dixie, your parents' car is really nice, I mean its appearance :lol: I don't know what about its function though.

For me, two things about car are necessary: 1. I have to learn to drive well in the first place, but now my driving skill still sucks; 2. I can't buy a Japanese car, of people from my hometown, everyone refuses to buy any Japanese cars or any Japanese stuff.
RedRose

Postby francine » Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:47 pm

RedRose wrote:I am learning driving recently. so I care about cars as well. Dixie, your parents' car is really nice, I mean its appearance :lol: I don't know what about its function though.

For me, two things about car are necessary: 1. I have to learn to drive well in the first place, but now my driving skill still sucks; 2. I can't buy a Japanese car, of people from my hometown, everyone refuses to buy any Japanese cars or any Japanese stuff.

why? could you tell us please? i'm driving a japanese car. it's a common brand here in the Philippines.
francine
Platinum Member

Next

Return to General Discussion