EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Our age

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

How old are you?

13-16
8%
17-21
23%
22-26
38%
27-32
18%
33-38
5%
39-45
10%
46-55
No votes

Total votes : 40

WHATS YOUR AGE

Postby Elba » Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:47 am

Hi friends,

Tell me Why young people worry about age?

At México there is a despective word for woman who don´t get marry, Dixie I think at Spain people use the same word. I don´t know how to say in english. Today a coworker tell me that another woman told her that I´m a ....(that word). I didn´t get ungry because I think that not to be marry at X age is not important. There are things realy important as to fall in love unless once in your live. See the sunrise, help people, be a good friend, love humans, love nature, feel the rain running in your skin. Then the age is only an administrative requirement.

All my life, include when I was a teenager, people boder me with the age. My friends at hig school used to told me that I was older that them, and got funny with my age even if I was a month older. I count my ages by actions, not years, then I should a very old woman, and I happy for that.

I AM 45 [img]http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/star05.gif [/img]
Elba
Rough Diamond Member

Re: WHATS YOUR AGE

Postby Dixie » Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:48 am

I agree with you, Elba. Age is not important :!: I wonder what that what that Spanish word is anyway? :roll:

Elba wrote:Tell me Why young people worry about age?

It was just out of curiosity, Elba :roll: You know, I like knowing my friends' age. :roll:
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

whats your age

Postby Elba » Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:54 pm

Dearest Dixie,

You don´t feel bad for your post. As a woman I´m curosity too. I only wanted to ask that because when I was at your age I never pay atention in the age of the people. All my life I have been in another frequency, as the radio, I have bee different of the another woman, girls, teens. I like to talk with all ec members I learn from you and I supposed that you could learn something good from me. Your a very good friend.
Elba
Rough Diamond Member

Postby RedRose » Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:00 pm

glad to know youth is majority here.

it is well-known that something will be full of vitality as long as youths love it!
RedRose

Postby vincent_thyme » Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:31 am

Your action will be match with your age.you can keep your activity and childishness,but you can't have no liability.
eyes_on_me
vincent_thyme
Silver Member

Postby RedRose » Sun Dec 26, 2004 2:57 pm

vincent_thyme wrote:Your action will be match with your age.you can keep your activity and childishness,but you can't have no liability.

I disagree with you. what do u mean with “match"? let's imagine... what is wrong with a 50-year-old woman with a 16-year-old mind and action? I mean, if a 50-year-old woman keeps a young heart, and she is active at many things, besides, she looks younger than she should be, then she will be very popular and cute. such a person can bring everyone sunshine and vigor.

My aunty is such a woman. almost all people, who know her, love her. even if some people tease her and call her "old girl", but they all admire her and like her.
RedRose

Postby Dixie » Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:21 pm

vincent_thyme wrote:Your action will be match with your age.

I don't agree, either. Take my uncle for example. He's 35 now, and he's so childish sometimes. I think that makes him lovable. It's so great to see it playing with his little daughter, making up games for his kids and playing with them all along.

Of course your statement will undoubtedly work for some people, but I don't think that's a general rule for everybody ;)
Dixie

Postby serenella » Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:21 pm

Dixie wrote:
I don't agree, either. Take my uncle for example. He's 35 now, and he's so childish sometimes. I think that makes him lovable. It's so great to see it playing with his little daughter, making up games for his kids and playing with them all along.

I agree with you, Dixie!
I think we should never forget the child within us, even when we are 'old'...
serenella
Gold Member

Postby Miss. Ladybird » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:45 am

serenella wrote:I think we should never forget the child within us, even when we are 'old'...

:R: :R: :R: :R: :R:
Miss. Ladybird
Platinum Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion