EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

What is the best advice you were given/gave ever??

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

What is the best advice you were given/gave ever??

Postby Butler » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:31 am

So what advice were you given or gave that you have never forgotten?

My friends Dad once told us at dinner (christmas Dinner 1999) "boys (there were 3 of us) in times of trouble with women, just keep your heads down" We of course thought this was hilarious advice but he may have had a point.

Best advice I gave " Seriously it's ok to swallow it, its good for you" haha...sorry !
Butler
Rough Diamond Member

Postby shokin » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:03 am

To imagine at the place of the other person.

[And for that, commmunicating]

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby Meg » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:35 pm

I have never fogotten these words written in the book which was given by my host father during my homestays in America.

Be an "Above Average" person. Develope an "Above Average" Everything!

You have to get better. the key to all Human Development is Discipline.

You can't change people. You can only change yourself.( Well, I guess I think it's possible to change people,though)

Work harder on Yourself! (...............)

Never stop studying, thinking, planning and doing because Life is not over until it is over. ( I love this part more than anything)

You are important and unique. In all the world there is only ONE....(○○○○...this part is my real name) YOU WILL DO GREAT THINGS!!! ( I doubt this part about me, though.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )

Always be yourself. Never copy, any one else! Keep growing in your mind. Keep feeding your mind with good thoughts.

Without Goals, we lose purpose, without purpose we lose meaning, and without meaning we lose Life!

The secret of success is doing things that the other people don't like to do.

Aren't they wonderful? These are still in my mind and got to be come my own belief.

I won't foget him...never!!!

P.S. "You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it true" (I don't know who said this)

Those words always encourage and inspire me. ;)
Meg
Silver Member

Postby Chet Baker » Mon May 02, 2005 3:27 pm

"Clam down, please sit and wait before you take the move...."
and "Condom should be used at all time" advise like that.
Last edited by Chet Baker on Tue May 03, 2005 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chet Baker
Gold Member

Postby RedRose » Mon May 02, 2005 4:12 pm

when I was a college student, I made a so-called advice which was the most terrible advice in the world!

one day, my best friend, Zhang(she was my classmate) asked me:"Rose, what do you think about Chan? sometimes I think he is cute." I said:"Zhang, didn't you find him awful? he is terribly petty, a real Stingy spirit." Zhang got embarrassed while listening to my comments, and she said:" how come? maybe you don't know him that much." I laughed:"I don't have to know him, so do you, right? after all, we won't date him anyway. and I don't think anyone would date him. honey, if you are wise, just stay away from him, he is disgusting."

the next day, Zhang told me:"guess what? Chan got a girlfriend." I screamed:"wow? then his girlfriend must be a jerk!" Zhang stared at me and muttered:"Rose, it is me. I am his girlfriend. do you think me a jerk?"
RedRose

Postby Lalee » Mon May 02, 2005 10:10 pm

RedRose wrote:the next day, Zhang told me:"guess what? Chan got a girlfriend." I screamed:"wow? then his girlfriend must be a jerk!" Zhang stared at me and muttered:"Rose, it is me. I am his girlfriend. do you think me a jerk?"

jajajaja :lol: Meanie, meanie!
Lalee
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Tue May 03, 2005 10:27 am

RedRose wrote:the next day, Zhang told me:"guess what? Chan got a girlfriend." I screamed:"wow? then his girlfriend must be a jerk!" Zhang stared at me and muttered:"Rose, it is me. I am his girlfriend. do you think me a jerk?"

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby RedRose » Tue May 03, 2005 1:15 pm

yeah, that was awfully embarrassing.
RedRose

Postby idalia » Wed May 04, 2005 12:27 am

Dixie wrote:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My father always says: when you're up to say something bad or stupid, take a glass of water with your hands, drink just a little and keep your mouth SHUT :oops: :oops:
idalia
Platinum Member

Postby RedRose » Wed May 04, 2005 2:52 am

yes, idalia, I wish I had known that earlier.
RedRose

Next

Return to General Discussion