EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Why makeups??

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Why makeups??

Postby Phoebe » Wed May 04, 2005 9:37 am

I am now a junior student in college, and i am confront with stepping into the society. i like the casual way of life, especially, i like wearing sports and leisure clothes. But my friends and my parents advice me to be more maturer in appearence, and they say doing makeups is necessary and important for girls. i hate makeups. should we do that if we want to be a successful lady both in family and work??
Phoebe

Re: Why makeups??

Postby Chet Baker » Thu May 05, 2005 1:51 am

Phoebe wrote:I am now a junior student in college, and i am confront with stepping into the society. i like the casual way of life, especially, i like wearing sports and leisure clothes. But my friends and my parents advice me to be more maturer in appearence, and they say doing makeups is necessary and important for girls. i hate makeups. should we do that if we want to be a successful lady both in family and work??

Hi Phoebe, althought, i am a man, i don't need to make up when i go to work. I understand the feeling of dislike and it will make you unconfortable. I need to put on my businese suit even the temperature is high or rainny. The reason is that you need to show your respect to your clients. making up has the same meaning.
Chet Baker
Gold Member

Postby fatyma1417 » Thu May 05, 2005 5:11 pm

Phoebe,

AM a 21 yrs old girl that looks like a 15, and i know that because everyone tells me i dond wear make-up either because i believe it acts just as a mask i dont wear girlish clothes like you i preffer a good pair of sneakers pants and a tshirt with scooby doo in it
fatyma1417
Gold Member

Postby Dixie » Fri May 06, 2005 8:43 am

Wearing make-up or not is a personal choice, not an obligation. Personally, I put on make-up everyday, but that's because I got used to it many years ago. I can't go out without it :!: But it's very light, I do not look like a clown! :lol: :mrgreen:
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby takeshi » Mon May 09, 2005 7:44 am

makeups makes girls more attractive and charming.why not?? :?:
takeshi
Silver Member

Postby Dixie » Mon May 09, 2005 8:10 am

takeshi wrote:makeups makes girls more attractive and charming.why not?? :?:

Well, I know a lot of guys who think we shouldn't wear make-up, because beauty is a natural feature. My boyfriend always says that make-up just hides reality :D
Dixie

Postby shokin » Tue May 10, 2005 12:28 am

People let themselves believe that possession and appearance are so important.

Inform people about environment, about nature ! make them conscious and sensitive.

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby Lalee » Mon May 16, 2005 5:56 am

Phoebe, I think you'd look nicer wearing make-up. Of course you have to look as natural as possible. If you wear too much, you'll like a clown! :lol:
Anyhow, I think it's up to you whether to wear it or not. As Dix said, it's not an obligation.
Most women wear make-up and they really look good.
As for me, I don't like to wear make-up. My mom always tells me to wear it and I only listen to her whenever I have to go out.
Once I remember one of aunts who always used to wear make-up wherever she went. One day, I happened to see her without it and I was shocked. She looked so different. Well the thing is that she wears way too much, she looks like a clown most of the time. :mrgreen:
Lalee
Rough Diamond Member

Postby babyangel » Tue May 17, 2005 6:16 am

Simply, make-up makes women more beautiful. ;) I don't like to see make-up man. :evil:
babyangel
Silver Member

Next

Return to General Discussion