EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

the new forum ?

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

do you like the new look of EC forum and ESL forums toghether?

yes
53%
no
27%
dont care
20%

Total votes : 15

Postby RedRose » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:35 am

I logged into learning center for a few times. frankly, I dislike it. it was too serious and cold, less fun, and it was unattractive.

sometimes a "messy" forum means that everyone can utter his/her opinions freely and feel comfortable to contact with others. I like the new forum.
RedRose

Postby 123456 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:17 pm

RedRose wrote:I logged into learning center for a few times. frankly, I dislike it. it was too serious and cold, less fun, and it was unattractive.

sometimes a "messy" forum means that everyone can utter his/her opinions freely and feel comfortable to contact with others. I like the new forum.

Redrose, from my standpoint, I agree with u. Internet is a freedom environment with no ties here. And forums are places u can utter your opinions that you don't afraid to someone harming u because of your words. So we can't change "messy" forums into "unmessy" forums.
Gold Member

Postby shokin » Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:00 pm

Elba wrote:I never undestood why I have to get a pasword for one forum, and another for members forum.

I didn't know this problem. [Maybe because I was only on the members forum. :mrgreen: ]

We will simply adapt ourselves.

Why can I not put my smiling avatar ?

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby RedRose » Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:34 pm

shokin wrote:Why can I not put my smiling avatar ?

Shokin

maybe your smile avatar is too big. you can modify its size and post it to a website. then you post it here as your avatar with URL
RedRose

Postby RedRose » Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:35 pm

123456 wrote:[So we can't change "messy" forums into "unmessy" forums.

frankly, I don't think this forum messy.
RedRose

Postby Saku » Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:52 pm

123456 wrote: So we can't change "messy" forums into "unmessy" forums.

Absolutely agree with you! It's easy to make a forum messy, it's hard, even impossible, to turn a messy forum to a neat one. :wink:
Saku
Gold Member

Postby RedRose » Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:58 pm

what do u mean about "neat one"? plenty of rules? everyone has to beware? and as cold as previous forum of learning center?

that isn't supposed to be a club, it is a school, and if it is over-strict then , it is like a prison.
RedRose

Postby shokin » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:59 pm

RedRose wrote:
shokin wrote:Why can I not put my smiling avatar ?

Shokin

maybe your smile avatar is too big. you can modify its size and post it to a website. then you post it here as your avatar with URL

Actually : my new avatar had no problem before the new forum comes.

Shokin
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:15 am

I was shocked when I logged in last Monday to see that all the forums had been mixed together. My immediate thought was "I don't like it". Like some have said, I thought it was too messy. However, I was in a rush because I had to take a train so I couldn't take my time to enjoy the new format.

I think that, despite we like it or not, we should make an effort and try to get used to it.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby idalia » Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:29 am

At first I didn't like it. I was shocked :shock: when I couldn't find any of the old friends in the forums, that's why I haven´t written a post recently but, I think I'll try it again and this will be a new chance to meet other people :lol:
idalia
Platinum Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion