Don't be afraid of being wrong...

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

_Arale_

Don't be afraid of being wrong...

Post by _Arale_ »

Don't be afraid of being wrong, people learn by making mistakes.

That is my advice for you. That is also my own experience. No one makes no mistakes because no one is perfect. Just do what you really want to do. Doing wrong and recognizing why you were wrong are great, you won't repeat these mistakes again. It also means, you are a teacher of yourself. :wink:

_Arale_
Last edited by _Arale_ on Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

Thank you for your encouragement. in my case, your words are very valuable for learning english.

I know my oral english sucks, however, I am always afraid to talk to anyone in English. I just worry that people'll laugh at my oral english. But last month, I overcame my fear....

I went to a Book supermarket to find some english stuff, then two foreigners were talking in English behind me. I heard one of them saying:"maybe we should buy piratic books, very cheap! In this bookstore, all books are so expensive! I don't think I can afford that." and the other said:"but the books we want are some prfessional books, so I doubt there are the piratic ones."

at that time, I am so excited! because I even could understand what they were talking about! and meantime, I wanted to speak english to them, despite my embarrassment, I still turned about to them and said:"excause me? Do you want some piratic books? about what?" they looked kinda surprised:"about electrics. do you know where we can buy them?" I answered:"I wish! I wanna piratic books as well! but by compared with talking to you guys in english, piratic books are not so important! I couldn't believe I can talk in english!" they laughed friendly:"but your english is good, be confident! your english will be better."

that afternoon, I was so ecstatic! I knew there were so many mistakes in my sentenses, but thank god! I overcame my embarrassment! and as long as we are not afraid of our mistakes, be brave enough, we can learn any skills! as Arale said.
blossom

Post by blossom »

Hi Arale

Really i like all your topics . i like this topic a lot because firstly i wasnt like to make faults and if i did i feel sad . now i know that the person must make faults to know the right .

Thank you Dear Arale . :wink:
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

blossom wrote:Hi Arale

Really i like all your topics . i like this topic a lot because firstly i wasnt like to make faults and if i did i feel sad . now i know that the person must make faults to know the right .

Thank you Dear Arale . :wink:
Blossom, you're welcome! :wink: I heard a nice sentence on radio today, which is "when buying a pencil, the most perfect person also has to buy an eraser."

_Arale_
Nothing lasts forever...
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

You're so right! Life is a learning process, and errors and mistakes are an essential part of that learning process. If we don't make mistakes, we don't learn at all.
Usama

Post by Usama »

A very Nice topic.. :)
Nothing to say except "You are definitily right". :D
RedRose

Re: I agree

Post by RedRose »

babycricket wrote:Mistakes do happen in life and they are really inevitable...
People who say that they don't make mistakes are the ones who often do...
Cheer up!!! Committing mistakes does not mean you are stupid.. it is just that you are a little less perfect :lol: :lol: :lol:
HONEY! Babycricket! you can't imagine how much I miss you!!!
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Making mistakes is the proof we're human :P
Etore
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Etore »

I agree with you. Nobody is perfect. The most important thing is that you need to learn with your mistakes.

Bye for now
Etore
leen@rasel
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by leen@rasel »

thank you my friend for this topic because alot of people ,unfurtunately , are ashamed of making mistakes and when some people do mistakes especially children they feel that they are the only human being who have done this mistake , and some times we also feel this horrible feeling eventhough we know this lesseon therefore we need to be stronger and more intelligent in benefitng from life lessons. :) :wink:
keling

Post by keling »

:D none of person wouldnot make mistakes the main problem is that one should take lessons from thoes errors :D
idalia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by idalia »

Making mistakes is good because you can learn, you become more experienced. 8) 8)

The important thing is to avoid making mistakes so frequently, or even worse, repeat the same mistake twice! :wink: :wink:
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

yea nice :D
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Don't be afraid of being right. :lol:

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Don't be afraid of being wrong...

Post by sweethuman »

Yes very right, we should always be confident about the dicisions we take and never think of what the others are thinking about it
engedi

Post by engedi »

yes ! i agree. indeed, mistake can even make us more capable.. :]
Regi

Post by Regi »

good advice

i often make mistake when i speak english, but it make me understand what is english language