EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

GOAL SETTING!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Do you set goals for yourself?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 12

GOAL SETTING!

Postby Shazzam » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:21 am

Do you find it hard to reach your goals? I seem to start off with really good ideas at the beginning of the year and by mid-year realise that I haven't accomplished most of them.

How do you stay on track? Is it will-power (determination)?

:?: :idea: :!:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby shokin » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:40 am

See first about what YOU HAVE TO DO !

for you AND for your family, your friends

and for your country, for the society, for the nature !

Then you cannot be bored, always something to do.

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby Shazzam » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:33 pm

shokin wrote:See first about what YOU HAVE TO DO !

for you AND for your family, your friends

and for your country, for the society, for the nature !

Then you cannot be bored, always something to do.

Shokin

I seem to find something new everyday that I set goals for (even if it is just extending how far I walk). There are so many other things that I find that I would like to set goals for including extra education, finding ways of getting more involved in community projects etc. I think you need to find something new everyday. If you do you will never get bored.

I totally agree with you SHOKIN. 8)
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Tanca » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:58 pm

It's not so difficult to set goals as to follow them and don't forget about next month or day. Please, before setting goals think is it really so important for you, because the road you go won't be easy...
Tanca

Postby Hardi » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:01 pm

Well it depends how to define goal... If u starting something, then of course u have goal, to finish it.. else what the point even start, but no time limit.

I think I don't have goals.. don't know, it's stupid to make plans.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Shazzam » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:44 am

Hardi wrote:Well it depends how to define goal... If u starting something, then of course u have goal, to finish it.. else what the point even start, but no time limit.

I think I don't have goals.. don't know, it's stupid to make plans.

Why do you think it is stupid to make plans Hardi? :? We all make plans even if it is planning to clean your house, or plan your day. Sometimes even the smallest things can be goal setting. For example: planning to clean the toilet; and actually doing it. :wink:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Hardi » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:15 am

But usually u don't plan to clean your toilet too long. you clean it when it's dirty.. or better you buying new one. :lol:
Last edited by Hardi on Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:48 pm

It's so easy to think of one's next goals... and so hard to accomplish them...
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby MissLT » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:01 am

I use my calendar dayplaner book every day. I set what I need to do for that day, and my goal is to finish all the tasks. At the end of the week, I will review all the un-checked tasks I haven't finished yet and those will be my weekend's work. If I have finished them all, I'll treat myself with a rest or I'll go shopping in the weekend.
It sounds like a robotic thing to do, but it works really well for me. I feel alive doing this 8) .
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Shazzam » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:26 am

LennyeTran wrote:I use my calendar dayplaner book every day. I set what I need to do for that day, and my goal is to finish all the tasks. At the end of the week, I will review all the un-checked tasks I haven't finished yet and those will be my weekend's work. If I have finished them all, I'll treat myself with a rest or I'll go shopping in the weekend.
It sounds like a robotic thing to do, but it works really well for me. I feel alive doing this 8) .

I think what you are doing Lenny is great. You must feel so good at the end of the week when you have accomplished everything that you have set for yourself. I think that is what it is about; making you feel like sense of worth; and a job well done. Good for you. I wish alot more young people in my Country were as focused. Things would be much easier (for everyone).

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :) :) :) :)
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Next

Return to General Discussion