No
No votes

Total votes: 12

pob
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pob »

shazzam1452 wrote:
1- I want to do a small amount of exercise at least five days a week. I have been doing bike riding, weights and walking now for about three weeks and I feel better. I need to turn this into a lifestyle.

2- It is actually becoming fun. I hope it stays that way! :lol: :lol:
1- It's important to know how much exercise you used to do before that three weeks. If you didn't do much exercise, perhaps it's too hard for your body trying to do exercise 5 days a week, suddenly!!
Anyway, walking you should do everyday. And aout weights you should talk to some expert.

2- of course it's fun. And if you hope to stay that way, you have not to take your wishes (mind) farer than your body can go... you need to go step by step.... and talking with an expert can help you to know how far you must go in your first step.
:)
You can help me with my English by telling me my mistakes in a private message. Thanks :)
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

pob wrote:
shazzam1452 wrote:
1- I want to do a small amount of exercise at least five days a week. I have been doing bike riding, weights and walking now for about three weeks and I feel better. I need to turn this into a lifestyle.

2- It is actually becoming fun. I hope it stays that way! :lol: :lol:
1- It's important to know how much exercise you used to do before that three weeks. If you didn't do much exercise, perhaps it's too hard for your body trying to do exercise 5 days a week, suddenly!!
Anyway, walking you should do everyday. And aout weights you should talk to some expert.

2- of course it's fun. And if you hope to stay that way, you have not to take your wishes (mind) farer than your body can go... you need to go step by step.... and talking with an expert can help you to know how far you must go in your first step.
:)
Thanks for your comments. I have been exercising for years but not regularly enough; so I know my limitations. I don't mean anything strenuous I mean a 30 minute walk; bike with weights (this is an exercise bike I have in my bedroom) I use 1kg weights (one for each arm) they are not heavy. I wouldn't attempt anything too much, because I know I wouldn't have the endurance.

But thankyou for your comments. I'm being easy on myself anyway I think you have to have 2 days a week when you relax from any routine. :lol:
pob
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pob »

Then, it's important to start doing exercise regularly and never stay more than 5 days without doing any. :)
If you want to do aerobic exercises, it's interesting to change the routine. For example you can walk for half an hour each day during 2 weeks. Next week walk more time, or walk faster. Next week walk + 5min. walking(?) upstairs... So you vary the way you exercise your body and specially your lungs

If you don't do hard exercise you don't need much relax... but relaxing is also important because of other reasons :) 2 days or more if we can :)

So, I think then you will achieve that goal !!

I also didn't do exercise regularly, but now I've started studying at University (mornings) and next week I start learning French (early afternoon) and Russian (evening) so I'll go all day walking :) and sometimes I'll try going to the swimmingpool before French and after Russian...
And I will also achieve that goal :D
You can help me with my English by telling me my mistakes in a private message. Thanks :)
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

pob wrote:Then, it's important to start doing exercise regularly and never stay more than 5 days without doing any. :)
If you want to do aerobic exercises, it's interesting to change the routine. For example you can walk for half an hour each day during 2 weeks. Next week walk more time, or walk faster. Next week walk + 5min. walking(?) upstairs... So you vary the way you exercise your body and specially your lungs

If you don't do hard exercise you don't need much relax... but relaxing is also important because of other reasons :) 2 days or more if we can :)

So, I think then you will achieve that goal !!

I also didn't do exercise regularly, but now I've started studying at University (mornings) and next week I start learning French (early afternoon) and Russian (evening) so I'll go all day walking :) and sometimes I'll try going to the swimmingpool before French and after Russian...
And I will also achieve that goal :D
I'm sure you will. Good luck! :)
xiaomanman

Post by xiaomanman »

pob wrote:so you have a psychological problem..
haha! pob, you are not the first one who said the same sentance to the same one! :lol: :lol: :lol:

pob wrote:don't be offended so easily, don't see offenses where there are not...and you do it because something is bad in your mind... you could try to find what's that... it'll be great for your life and nerves.
Hahahaha!!! well said!! I seem to see a girl biting her nails and grasping her hair :lol:

Now I know why reasonable people always win :wink: and that's why they are always so popular. these reasonable people don't have to be jealous of anyone, because they are naturally lovable, like pob :wink:
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

xiaomanman wrote:
pob wrote:so you have a psychological problem..
haha! pob, you are not the first one who said the same sentance to the same one! :lol: :lol: :lol:
U mean he is not frist one who tried to pee against of wind... Well that's great goal!! Win a victory, when piss against of wind!
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Orient and adapt your actions according to your goals.

And try helping other people accessing to their goals.

Possibly find common goals.

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

shokin wrote:Orient and adapt your actions according to your goals.

And try helping other people accessing to their goals.

Possibly find common goals.

Shokin
Actually Shokin I don't agree with adapting your actions according to your goals.

I think goals are a seperate thing. I think you need to set goals outside your normal actions. If you want them to be long term then you have to make them fit into your everyday life.

If you try to change too dramatically outside your normal life; they won't work (i.e. you won't met your goals). You have to be realistic with goal setting; or your will fail.
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

If your goal are realistic, where is the problem ?

A goal is, by definition, not easy to finalize. And it takes time.

Without goals no motivation, you don't where you go. Goals are a great source of motivation in your action.

Goals can be (a great) part of your normal life.

When you have real goals, you don't care about "it is difficult" or "it is long". You are determinated by yourself.

And yes, goals are to put in our daily life.

Goals are a sort of criteria that I try to respect in each of my actions. If one action don't respect any criterium, I will probably exclude this action.

Criteria can be :

- preserving nature (so I won't let objects in nature for example)
- preserving my good health (so I won't smoke, for example)
- I want to travel next summer (so I will spare as much money as possible, excluding the useless).
- respecting each being (so I won't injure anyone).
- etc.

Be clever :

Find some actions which contribute to several of your goals.
Make your daily life full of usefull actions (usefull = which contributes at least to one of your goals).
Have a global vision of your week, of your month, of your year, of your goals, of the society, of the nature.

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

shokin wrote:If your goal are realistic, where is the problem ?

A goal is, by definition, not easy to finalize. And it takes time.

Without goals no motivation, you don't where you go. Goals are a great source of motivation in your action.

Goals can be (a great) part of your normal life.

When you have real goals, you don't care about "it is difficult" or "it is long". You are determinated by yourself.

And yes, goals are to put in our daily life.

Goals are a sort of criteria that I try to respect in each of my actions. If one action don't respect any criterium, I will probably exclude this action.

Criteria can be :

- preserving nature (so I won't let objects in nature for example)
- preserving my good health (so I won't smoke, for example)
- I want to travel next summer (so I will spare as much money as possible, excluding the useless).
- respecting each being (so I won't injure anyone).
- etc.

Be clever :

Find some actions which contribute to several of your goals.
Make your daily life full of usefull actions (usefull = which contributes at least to one of your goals).
Have a global vision of your week, of your month, of your year, of your goals, of the society, of the nature.

Shokin
Sorry Shokin too long-winded for me. I think goal setting is pretty much a very basic principle. :)
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: GOAL SETTING!

Post by Annaa »

Sometimes I set goals myself :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..