EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do you believe in reincarnation?

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Yes
54%
No
46%
Don't understand what it means?
No votes

Total votes : 13

Postby Shazzam » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:54 am

I have read many books on peoples opinions on reincarnation. I suppose it can take on many meanings to many people.

The real idea given to reincarnation is that you have the opportunity to live more than once on earth. So i'm not talking about eternal life in heaven. I'm saying do you believe that you can live more than once?
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:32 pm

Never did :D
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby MissLT » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:35 pm

Yes. Reincarnation hasn't been proved like it's supposed to be, but it doesn't mean it does not possibly happen.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Shazzam » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:58 am

LennyeTran wrote:Yes. Reincarnation hasn't been proved like it's supposed to be, but it doesn't mean it does not possibly happen.

I know that some people including famous ones (Shirley Maclaine - actress) believe that they can remember the previous lives that they have lived. They even remember details about their names; families, where they lived etc.

It is actually quite facinating. If nothing else they are good fairytales. I personally don't believe in reincarnation, but I'm not put off by people that do. 8)
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:34 pm

shazzam1452 wrote: I know that some people including famous ones (Shirley Maclaine - actress) believe that they can remember the previous lives that they have lived. They even remember details about their names; families, where they lived etc.

I believe all Dalai Lamas and some other monks were reincarnated. And I remember when the Titanic first came out, it was a big hit in the media and stuff. There were so many books and magazines talking about it. A lot of them even found out people who said that they were on the boat in their previous lives. They were hypnotized to tell the details on that boat or things that nobody knew. It was weird to consider yourself to believe it or not :lol: .
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby illusion » Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:49 pm

in my religion there isnt anything like that so i don't believe it...
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Shazzam » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:06 pm

illusion wrote:in my religion there isnt anything like that so i don't believe it...

I agree illusion most religions don't consider reincarnation possible or ethical for that matter. But I think it pays to keep an open mind and still listen to people who do believe in it and have a story to tell. Some of the stories I have read about reincarnation and peoples experience of it (if you believe what they are saying) are really interesting. It is really similar to the stories that people tell about out of body experiences.
:)
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Re: Do you believe in reincarnation?

Postby pob » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:28 am

shazzam1452 wrote:The real idea given to reincarnation is that you have the opportunity to live more than once on earth. So i'm not talking about eternal life in heaven. I'm saying do you believe that you can live more than once?

Perhaps this is your last life :)
Perhaps reincarnation happens but you have already lived all the rest of your lives, and this is your last one... :lol:

I don't believe in anything. How can a human being believe in something? it's stupid... we are not so clever... our mind is not able to comprehend reality at that level...
We must know things and not believe in things... When you believe in something, you are doing something stupid and that could carry negative consequences.

Should I mention suicide-terrorists?

Not believing in something is also believing something, and is also stupid, and could also carry negative consequences.

:lol:
You can help me with my English by telling me my mistakes in a private message. Thanks :)
pob
Silver Member

Postby pob » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:36 am

:D
Last edited by pob on Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can help me with my English by telling me my mistakes in a private message. Thanks :)
pob
Silver Member

Postby MissLT » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:38 am

pob wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:I believe all Dalai Lamas and some other monks were reincarnated.

Are you boudhist? It's strange to read that opinion... why only Dalai Lamas and some other monks?

I said I believe; hence, I don't have to explain it to you if I don't feel like it. And right now, I do not feel like explaining anything to a disrespectful person. End of discussion.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Next

Return to General Discussion