EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do you believe in reincarnation?

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Do you believe in reincarnation?

Yes
7
54%
No
6
46%
Don't understand what it means?
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 13

Postby Shazzam » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:05 pm

I don't know if you can call a ghost a reincarnation. To me the definition of reincarnation is you come back as a person and live a life. A ghost doesn't live a life.

I some religions they believe that if you make it into heaven etc that is eternal life.

Reincarnation is a belief that you actually live more than one life on earth i.e. you can be born as a cattle herder in New Zealand in your first life; in your second life you can come back as a prime minister of a country.

The supposide credibility of reincarnation is that some people state that they can remember their previous lives on earth.

Very interesting.

Shirley Mclaine (a famous; and wonderful actress) claims to have been here before and supposedly remembers her prevoius lives. 8) :lol:
User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
 
Posts: 1826
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Postby MissLT » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:18 pm

shazzam1452 wrote:I don't know if you can call a ghost a reincarnation. To me the definition of reincarnation is you come back as a person and live a life. A ghost doesn't live a life.

The problem is anything could happen. If there are ghosts, then there are reincarnations. Right? :wink:
User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
 
Posts: 5911
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby louvicine » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:42 am

Lennye wrote:The problem is anything could happen. If there are ghosts, then there are reincarnations. Right?



OMG!!!!!!

Ghost and reincarnation are different things. Both are part of different belivings.
Lenny do you think that a Ghost is a reincarnated being. jajajajajajajajajaj.
Silvita you are a bright girl, please send me a PM to talk about budism. I´m very interested. I don´t think after died people get the glory and go to the heaven if they were good in the life, while "bad" people go with the evil. this don´t have sense for me.
Louvicine D´amour
User avatar
louvicine
Silver Member
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:59 pm
Location: Andorra

Postby MissLT » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:48 am

louvicine wrote:
Lennye wrote:The problem is anything could happen. If there are ghosts, then there are reincarnations. Right?



OMG!!!!!!

Ghost and reincarnation are different things. Both are part of different belivings.
Lenny do you think that a Ghost is a reincarnated being. jajajajajajajajajaj.
Silvita you are a bright girl, please send me a PM to talk about budism. I´m very interested. I don´t think after died people get the glory and go to the heaven if they were good in the life, while "bad" people go with the evil. this don´t have sense for me.

What I meant was that both of these subjects are out of human's understanding. There are much more in life and universe that we don't know yet; therefore, there is a no definite answer for most of the things as like ghost or reincarnation. Get it now?
User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
 
Posts: 5911
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby Shazzam » Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:24 am

I see what you are trying to say Lenny they are both unknowns.

But I must admit I do see a difference between ghosts and reincarnation. Just that a ghost is a spirit of someone; reincarnation is living a new life (the only difference is that this person believes that they have lived another life before this one).

I'm not sure about either.

I think I am the kind of person that would have to experience it! Now that is a scarry thought. :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
 
Posts: 1826
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Postby MissLT » Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:33 am

shazzam1452 wrote:I see what you are trying to say Lenny they are both unknowns.

But I must admit I do see a difference between ghosts and reincarnation. Just that a ghost is a spirit of someone; reincarnation is living a new life (the only difference is that this person believes that they have lived another life before this one). I'm not sure about either.

I think I am the kind of person that would have to experience it! Now that is a scarry thought. :lol: :lol:

Either if a ghost or reincartion is true, we would still come to a conclusion that there are souls. Death might not be the end of each's life. And birth might be not a pure beginning of each indiviual; it might be a repeated cycle of souls.
User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
 
Posts: 5911
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby Shazzam » Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:57 am

LennyeTran wrote:


Either if a ghost or reincartion is true, we would still come to a conclusion that there are souls. Death might not be the end of each's life. And birth might be not a pure beginning of each indiviual; it might be a repeated cycle of souls.


Ok Lenny I definately understand where you are coming from and you definately put up a great argument.

What I would like to do is simplify this thread.

So what I am suggesting is that we leave ghosts out of the thread.

I will try my best to redefine the idea of reincarnation.

I haven't been able to read everything available at this website but I think it will give people a better definition of the idea of reincarnation:

http://www.comparativereligion.com/reincarnation.html

I will try to look further into this site during the week.
User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
 
Posts: 1826
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Postby MissLT » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:55 am

shazzam1452 wrote: Ok Lenny I definately understand where you are coming from and you definately put up a great argument.

What I would like to do is simplify this thread.

So what I am suggesting is that we leave ghosts out of the thread.

I will try my best to redefine the idea of reincarnation.

I haven't been able to read everything available at this website but I think it will give people a better definition of the idea of reincarnation:

http://www.comparativereligion.com/reincarnation.html

I will try to look further into this site during the week.

You know I don't like reading and you gave me this long ass article. Man, oh man.... :cry: I'm only one-third done with it. Give me another week or two to finish the whole thing then we'll talk :lol: .
User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
 
Posts: 5911
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Re: Do you believe in reincarnation?

Postby Annaa » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:28 pm

I belive in PARADISE but not in reincarnation.
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..
User avatar
Annaa
Rough Diamond Member
 
Posts: 1833
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:15 pm
Status: English Learner

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests