EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do you believe in reincarnation?

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Do you believe in reincarnation?

Yes
54%
No
46%
Don't understand what it means?
No votes

Total votes : 13

Re: Do you believe in reincarnation?

Postby Pinay » Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:28 am

Not believing in something is also believing something, and is also stupid, and could also carry negative consequences.

The most profound truths are simple indeed, aren't they? I allowed myself some mockery, I hope you don't mind.
The eternal student. There is much to learn, discover and talk about.
Pinay
Silver Member

Postby Pinay » Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:34 am

LennyeTran wrote:
pob wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:I believe all Dalai Lamas and some other monks were reincarnated.

Are you boudhist? It's strange to read that opinion... why only Dalai Lamas and some other monks?

I said I believe; hence, I don't have to explain it to you if I don't feel like it. And right now, I do not feel like explaining anything to a disrespectful person. End of discussion.

I want to believe in reicarnation. It is a comforting thought... that we are eternal students and our reason for being aside from existing is, to learn. I am Catholic (If I may be allowed to say so) so I don't have the luxury of believing this... but I've found the idea intriguing. One question comes to mind : Why wouldn't it be possible? Reicarnation, that is.
The eternal student. There is much to learn, discover and talk about.
Pinay
Silver Member

Postby leen@rasel » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:31 pm

i don't believe in such things although i've heard also that some religions do believe in it especially in eastern asia i have heard that they believe that the soul of dead people can be found in other people or sometimes animals......as i recall.... :roll:
leen@rasel
Gold Member

Postby Ika » Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:25 pm

My mind is open to all ideas, if I haven't experienced it myself, I say everything is possible. In my religion there is no reincarnation mentioned, but that is not the reason to say it is surely not possible. I love the idea of reincarnation.
"To know nothing is bad, to learn nothing is worse."
Ika
Silver Member

Postby MissLT » Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:38 pm

Pinay wrote:Not believing in something is also believing something, and is also stupid, and could also carry negative consequences.

Exactly!
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby louvicine » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:04 pm

[color=red] [quote]LennyeTran wrote:

I believe all Dalai Lamas and some other monks were reincarnated.

Pob Wrote:
Are you boudhist? It's strange to read that opinion... why only Dalai Lamas and some other monks?

Lennye Tran wrote:
I said I believe; hence, I don't have to explain it to you if I don't feel like it. And right now, I do not feel like explaining anything to a disrespectful person. End of discussion[/quote][/color]

[color=red]Very good manner Lennye....¡¡¡¡¡.....!!!![/color]

[color=red]ABOUT REINCARNATION[/color]
A friend of mine practice a process of [color=red]regresion[/color], all was good. she knew that in one of her past lifes she was a poor woman that live in some town of india, and see a little pink house house. she see that her housband in that life was too bad with her and hit her a lot. for any strange reazon that man has the face of her father in her actual life.
some months after she got a strange sickness: PROTEUS, that doctor said was an old sicknes in extintion
after a year she trip to India to know SEI BABA or something that. a holly man that is considered a God in that country, she know the holly man and in the next day while she walking on the street she saw the pink house that she saw in the regression. and she feell the same sensation she has in that time.
Even when doctors said she was ok after the first time she got PROTEUS she continuou with the sicknes time by time and nobody could explain how she got that sicknes that was characteristic of people who live in places empty of people. I mean that sleep 20 in a room with not cleaning and very poor.
she said thhat the woman that pratise the regresion said that she got the sicknes in the proces of regretion.
well this is a version of reincarnation, it could be and it not could be. In every case I think life is beautifull and we should enjoy it.
Louvicine D´amour
louvicine
Silver Member

Postby pob » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:11 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
Pinay wrote:Not believing in something is also believing something, and is also stupid, and could also carry negative consequences.

Exactly!

I wrote that, not Pinay... Pinay made a joke about that !! :D
You can help me with my English by telling me my mistakes in a private message. Thanks :)
pob
Silver Member

Postby pob » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:17 pm

:)
Last edited by pob on Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can help me with my English by telling me my mistakes in a private message. Thanks :)
pob
Silver Member

Postby pob » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:40 pm

:roll:
Last edited by pob on Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pob
Silver Member

Postby MissLT » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:19 pm

pob wrote: Negative consequence--> you feel offended, and you deny the posibility of debate/discussion... great!! What comes after rejecting to talk?

When I think someone is rude or something is wrong with that person, I will ignore that person completely. I don't reply to that person's post as long as that person don't get in my way. In other words, that person doesn't exist to me.
When I have my negative feelings about someone, my debate won't be justified. To avoid doing that, I won't debate with anyone whom I have negative emotions to.

pob wrote:I don't think talking "truth" is disrespectful at all. But you are free to feel as you wish and consider it disrespectful...
I hope you recover a good mood soon, read it from the other side, and tell me your point.

You can talk about the truth all you want, but you have to remember one thing, did I ask for it? Did I ask for your opinions about my family members? I was sharing my story and you attacked my loved one? How dare you....
MissLT
Ethereal Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion