EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.


Cars that run on solar energy!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Should car companies spend money on developing SOLAR POWERED CARS?

Yes
8
100%
No
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 8

Cars that run on solar energy!

Postby Shazzam » Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:59 am

There is an oil shortage crisis in the World; plus soaring fuel prices. Besides the fact that we need to reduce green house gases; which we know that fumes from motor vehicles definately contribute to.

Do you think car companies should be spending more money on developing SOLAR POWERED Cars?
User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
 
Posts: 1826
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Postby shokin » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:54 am

Why not ? if it can reduce greatly/totally the pollution (utopia ?).

But pollution or not, people should learn a moderated consuming of everything, even cars, and not only cars.

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
User avatar
shokin
Polished Diamond Member
 
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Location: Switzerland
Status: English Learner

Postby frengo » Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:19 pm

Yes, we should research and develop as many "clean" energy sources as we can. Reducing global energy demand is another great (amd difficult) goal to be achieved.

PS Shokin, this time we are totally aligned, have you noticed? :wink:
User avatar
frengo
Mr EnglishClub.com 2006
Mr EnglishClub.com 2006
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:23 pm
Location: Milano, Italy

Postby MissLT » Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:22 pm

One of my teacher told me that there was a rumor some guy has sucessfully made a drawing about solar powered cars, and some car company bought his plan, but they then destroyed the copy. I wonder if it's true or not since I've been checking it; however, this kinda thing is hard to check when they're trying to cover it :x .
User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
 
Posts: 5911
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:29 pm

Anyway, I think Toyota has been on their way to do their research about this since their Toyota Hybrids are a version of gas/electric/solar power type. The cars use solar power in daytime and switch to gas at night-time. The models are ugly, though.
User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
 
Posts: 5911
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby shokin » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:49 pm

frengo wrote:PS Shokin, this time we are totally aligned, have you noticed? :wink:


Situation is not hopeless. :mrgreen:

Nature is coming back, calling us to ask us for treating it well with respect.

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
User avatar
shokin
Polished Diamond Member
 
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Location: Switzerland
Status: English Learner

Postby Shazzam » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:38 pm

LennyeTran wrote:Anyway, I think Toyota has been on their way to do their research about this since their Toyota Hybrids are a version of gas/electric/solar power type. The cars use solar power in daytime and switch to gas at night-time. The models are ugly, though.


I know there have been some proto-types; but that is what I mean do you think they should spend MORE on research and development? :)
User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
 
Posts: 1826
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Postby MissLT » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:10 pm

shazzam1452 wrote: I know there have been some proto-types; but that is what I mean do you think they should spend MORE on research and development? :)

In my highest guesses, I think they spend their money on this kinda stuff based on the market and consumer's needs. Toyota has put those cars out; however, if it's not going well I don't think they will spend much money to do research. Or they might be do, who knows. They might spend money on research to see why people like it and why they don't, what need to be fixed, improved, etc.
In my own personal opinion, I think they should; however, if the price for a solar powered car is too expensive, I'm sorry I have to say I will have to go with a regular car runs with gas. Unless I'm rich then I'll fully support solar powered cars. It's hard to support it with an empty handed, you know.
User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
 
Posts: 5911
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby Shazzam » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:28 am

LennyeTran wrote:
shazzam1452 wrote: I know there have been some proto-types; but that is what I mean do you think they should spend MORE on research and development? :)

In my highest guesses, I think they spend their money on this kinda stuff based on the market and consumer's needs. Toyota has put those cars out; however, if it's not going well I don't think they will spend much money to do research. Or they might be do, who knows. They might spend money on research to see why people like it and why they don't, what need to be fixed, improved, etc.
In my own personal opinion, I think they should; however, if the price for a solar powered car is too expensive, I'm sorry I have to say I will have to go with a regular car runs with gas. Unless I'm rich then I'll fully support solar powered cars. It's hard to support it with an empty handed, you know.


Lenny you are referring to ONE car company only! There are hundreds of car companies. :roll:
User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
 
Posts: 1826
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Postby MissLT » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:31 am

shazzam1452 wrote: Lenny you are referring to ONE car company only! There are hundreds of car companies. :roll:

:roll: As an example.......
User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
 
Posts: 5911
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests