EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

should I go?

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

should I? Yes? No?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:25 am

yes
83%
no
17%

Total votes : 6

should I go?

Postby Admiral » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:25 am

Good morning ladies and gentlemen.
I don't have problems very often, but now:

It was a fact that I will visit a very beautiful girl this weekend.
Because she lives a little bit far away, I have to travel by the train. So I bought a ticket the day before yesterday.
And yesterday, she suddenly told me that she doesn't have time because her friend has birthday on that day. They are 15 people, and they want to go to a go-kart-track. If she misses, then the birthday won't function because they have to be 15 people for this track.

But now I have the ticket and I won't be able to cancel it.
Should I make a travel around the city near her? (It's a very famous city in Germany)
Should I (because I will arrive at friday) knock on her door and say hello and go?
Should I ask whether I could go with them and to make some photos for them, because I have a camera and if they are driving go-kart they won't be able to shoot photos, and I think making some photos on a birthday for remembering is quite nice.
Should I make a photo of her?
Should I still give her the present I wanted to give?
What should I do?

Thank you very much for your help.
Admiral

Postby Asep25 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:09 pm

I don't think her words are true. maybe it's an excuse. no offense. I think she is very nervous to see you, so she came up with such an idea. just think about it: she should have known when her friend's birthday would start. at the beginning, when you told her that you wanted to see her in her city, she didn't tell you about her friend' birthday. but after you bought a ticket, she told you she would sttend her friend's birthday, isn't that weird??

If I were you, i would go to her city when she isn't aware. or forget about her.
Asep25
Gold Member

Postby Dixie » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:12 pm

Asep25 wrote:I don't think her words are true. maybe it's an excuse. no offense. I think she is very nervous to see you, so she came up with such an idea. just think about it: she should have known when her friend's birthday would start. at the beginning, when you told her that you wanted to see her in her city, she didn't tell you about her friend' birthday. but after you bought a ticket, she told you she would sttend her friend's birthday, isn't that weird??

If I were you, i would go to her city when she isn't aware. or forget about her.

I thought exactly the same: it sounds like an excuse!

Admiral, if you have already bought the ticket, why not go? Even if you don't go there to see her because she told you she's busy, you already have the ticket, so why don't you go and have a great time there?
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby phucauto3 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:01 pm

Admiral, I feel sorry for you!!
I think, it's better for you to stay home and watch TV...
you should wait for a new chance. Everything is waiting ahead. you should be patient.Let her relax with her dear friends. :cry:
in some day, you will visit her later. :wink:
phucauto3
Gold Member

Postby Ms.A.Z » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:29 pm

Hi Admiral,

Since you have bought the ticket and can't cancel it I think you should use it. Visit the city and enjoy your time there and if you got time pass by her house and tell her the truth. Tell her that you had the ticket and you couldn't cancel it nor sell it and decided to use it. Tell her that you were planning to visit the city any how so you came and since you're there you just wanted to say Hi and give her this gift. DON'T GO WITH HER TO THE BIRTHDAY PARTY UNLESS IF SHE ASKED YOU other wise don't ask her or even think about it you don't wanaa be a heavy guest right.Ask her premission to call her and then ask her out on a date or so. If she is interested she will say yes other wise just forget it. Don't stay for long at her place just make it a quick visit thats all.Believe me if you decided to stay at home and watch tv you will still be thinking about her and wondring if she really was busy or just trying to avoid you.So I guess you should.. :wink: good luck
Ms.A.Z
Platinum Member

Postby Admiral » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:35 pm

thanks so far!
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
To love somebody online is such a *beep*. I'm absolutely sure that this visit will be thrown out for nothing. Everything is just so exaggerated. However then at least I won't be the one who closes this relationship.

Hey, it's normal that you are thinking more than usual about the girl around the day of your visiting, right?

Such a *beep*, such a *beep*. Maybe I should concentrate on the friends in my surrounding now and forget all these internet stuff.

But however emotions don't vanish, and only to prove my positive character I go there and give these things to her.
Admiral

Postby ahmads » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:57 pm

Admiral :
To love somebody online is such a *beep*.

by the way what is the meaning of beep?

to love somebody online is impossible in my oponion ....
so :
1- Dixie and Asep25 > how do you know that it sounds like an excuse!?
2- I agree with Dixie that you must go and have a great time there!
Just.
Last edited by ahmads on Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ahmads
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Shazzam » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:42 pm

I don't think you should go; feeling the way you do right now! It would be too difficult for you to stay away (which is what you should do). She has pretty much said that she won't be available to see you this weekend.

The only way that you could do this trip is if you were going with a friend; then you could do all the site-seeing etc; without the temptation of wanting to see her. If you travel on your own you would be more inclined to follow through with tracking her down. :cry:

Its up to you; but If you think going there is going to make you miserable; I wouldn't do it! :idea:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:09 pm

ahmads wrote:1- Dixie and Asep25 > how do you know that it sounds like an excuse!?

Well, it sounds like that to me :roll: You always know about your closest friends' birthdays :roll:
Dixie

Postby phucauto3 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:13 am

:lol: :lol: let it be admiral!! and take another chance.
you should consider the problem as simple as it is.I feel you love her very much, so a small difficult made you nervous, tense. :lol: :lol: :lol:
She has pretty much said that she won't be available to see you this weekend.

shazaam, I totally agree with you!
phucauto3
Gold Member

Next

Return to General Discussion