Which country would take the place of the U.S.?

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

I think....

Some country in Europe
17%
Some country in Asia
83%

Total votes: 6

MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Which country would take the place of the U.S.?

Post by MissLT »

To you, which country would take the place of the U.S. when it failed?
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

I had to vote for a country in Asia. To me, China, Korea or Japan has a big chance to dominate the international market.
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

What do you mean by "taking place of" ?

None should prefer the american "culture" to its own culture.

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Some country in Asia, maybe China or Japan.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

shokin wrote:What do you mean by "taking place of" ?

None should prefer the american "culture" to its own culture.

Shokin
I don't think you understood my question. Or you were in a hurry, I think. When I say taking place of, I don't mean just as a culture part. Even if the U.S. had forever stood strong and or be said as never failed, not many cultures would have prefered American culture over its own; therefore, it had failed in the begin with in a sense, right? Thus, it is not exactly how my question is.
Okay, this is how my question is: history has proven that even the strongest dynasty or empire will fail or be changed eventually. It's just time. Right now the U.S. is the strongest one on the international market; it's is in the number one position with Japan following after it. It has been in that position for a while; however, how long can it keep that place? There will be another country in the future that beat the U.S for that position and be the strongest country in the world. In your opinion which one do you think it would be? :wink:
Butler
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Butler »

No country should be allowed to "dominate" the world market but the fact is that the USA does this simply because nobody seems to have the balls the tell them where to go....Globalisation is not everyones desire !!
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

Unfortunately world is a jungle out there and the basic rule is you’re strong you survive!! Any country has it own competitors and the challenge is to beat them. People wish to change this rule but it is impossible to me.

For me I think China probably is the one because China has fast growing economy country and it has strong politic. The thing I don’t like it because they are still a communist country...
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

LennyeTran wrote:I don't think you understood my question. Or you were in a hurry,
Both. :lol:

I a for the diversity, for the small countries and towns. Not for the madness of bigness.

Shokin
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Butler wrote:No country should be allowed to "dominate" the world market but the fact is that the USA does this simply because nobody seems to have the balls the tell them where to go....Globalisation is not everyones desire !!
Well, to me they won't and they can't, not for now, because their fiancial still relies on the U.S's. China or Japan, on the other hand, has been having a dream of doing this. To me, either one of those countries is getting there. I don't know about Japan, but China...whoooooo... is a big threat to the U.S. in both political and economic views. Foreign students in the U.S have dropped in recent years mainly because of the difficulty of getting a visa and they're not interested. Instead, they've turned to China. I think people think China is a sleeping dragon that will wake up some day to dominate the world market.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

vince90 wrote: The thing I don’t like it because they are still a communist country...
But their people don't act like it, though. Don't you think? Maybe people from Mainland China are different than Chinese people from other places in China in view of political-wise; however, I think when it comes to business, they will do the same thing-- pocket money for their own goods and their country. Our country is a little different.... :roll:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

shokin wrote: I a for the diversity, for the small countries and towns. Not for the madness of bigness.

Shokin
Well, this is a communist ideal to me, my dear. However, classification and ranking are one of our things. If we didn't classify one another, how would we know what something should be? And if we didn't rank one another, how would we know who or which would be better or richer? :lol: :lol:
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Communism did not work because it was imposed.

Where is the necessity to play the conquistador ? only money (benefits and sales) by delocalizations ?

I am not for killing (socially, biologically or psychologically) the human being like me.

Let us have a global vision. Let us see nature and what we do with... heu... let us stop playing too much with nature.

Shokin
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

shokin wrote: Communism did not work because it was imposed.
To me communism never works. In my view, a country that is following communist system will end up being a capitalist country at some point.
shokin wrote:Where is the necessity to play the conquistador ? only money (benefits and sales) by delocalizations ?

I am not for killing (socially, biologically or psychologically) the human being like me.

Let us have a global vision. Let us see nature and what we do with... heu... let us stop playing too much with nature.

Shokin
Are you living on a tree? :lol: Just kidding. Well yeah, this is a nice thought, but don't you think either it's a poor or rich country, at some point, each will help one another out???
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

I think Somalians will dominate the world. They are already everywhere. They even dominate the taxi-cab driving business! They can take anyone anywhere. Yes, they are the certainly the ones to watch out for in this topsy turvy world.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

danyet wrote:I think Somalians will dominate the world. They are already everywhere. They even dominate the taxi-cab driving business! They can take anyone anywhere. Yes, they are the certainly the ones to watch out for in this topsy turvy world.
Were you peeping outside the windows when I and my cousins were having a joke about this? You're not supposed to do that, you know. :lol: :lol:
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Are you thinking "I don't care about nature." ?

Shokin
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

shokin wrote:Are you thinking "I don't care about nature." ?

Shokin
Apples and oranges..... You can't compare...
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

As you know, nature is for me one priority, and economy is far behind.

Shokin
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Which country would take the place of the U.S.?

Post by Annaa »

I don`t want USA to fail :-D :-D
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re:

Post by sweethuman »

Dixie wrote:Some country in Asia, maybe China or Japan.
Maybe China.