EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

my sister...!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

my sister...!

Postby TearHere » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:46 am

i'm the eldest in the family and...

i'm weak.. :oops:

it's just recently that i have finally gathered enough guts to ask for advices ., if I don’t tell anybody about this, I might burst :oops: :evil: :( ........

my sister, the one next to me is sharp-tongued. and i hate it :evil: :evil: :evil: , but i can't voice it out, so i end up keeping it to myself and..crying.. I feel that as an elder daughter I deserve to be respected..right???.. she often speaks what she has in mind even if she hurts other people :cry: :cry: …. My mom has told her to moderate it but she does it to me behind our mother’s back…… I’ve tried to impose authority as an elder sister, but what happened was, it created a greater conflict…

so right now, I’m not talking to her to avoid further conflicts :( ..

but we can’t continue this way forever right?????……(though it has lessened the pain she causes me everytime :roll: ..)

your advices..It’d be of great help to me..

hope to hear from you..
TearHere
Gold Member

Postby Dixie » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:22 am

Hi TearHere (by the way I always thought you were a boy).

Sometimes that happens to me with my sister, and it's hard because she's so stubborn, speaks out her mind without thinking first, and sometimes says things that she doesn't mean but that really hurt.

So my advice to you is the following: don't pay much attention to what she says. Doesn't matter if what she says to you hurts your feelings. Just learn to ignore those comments. Ignore her. When she realizes you're not listening to her, I am sure she will stop teasing you.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Tora » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:33 pm

I have a a sis too, but in our relationship it was me who was bothering and making her feel annoyed every time! Terrible rows used to happen without any reason, we have a big gap... 11 years, she's elder, so imagine what a naughty child i was to her and how awful she felt! That's right don't pay too much attention on her. (My sister did but it didn't work...) You behave yourself like an adult should... Nothing but a naughty child right beside you! Sometimes it helps.

I'm sure in some years everyhting will change! She'll grow up and stop behaving herself in such a way! Just like me now... :wink:
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby shokin » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:44 pm

Tell her directly what you have to tell her.

No pity ! No mildness !

There are regularly usefull conflicts !

You are boring !

I am busy !

You can act yourself ! Lamentations won't solve any problem !

Take self-confidence !

Shokin
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:26 pm

shokin wrote:You are boring !

I am busy !

Take self-confidence !

Shokin

This would work. :lol: :lol:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby tangsen » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:29 am

Tora wrote:I have a a sis too, but in our relationship it was me who was bothering and making her feel annoyed every time! Terrible rows used to happen without any reason, we have a big gap... 11 years, she's elder, so imagine what a naughty child i was to her and how awful she felt! That's right don't pay too much attention on her. (My sister did but it didn't work...) You behave yourself like an adult should... Nothing but a naughty child right beside you! Sometimes it helps.

I'm sure in some years everyhting will change! She'll grow up and stop behaving herself in such a way! Just like me now... :wink:

yeah, i agree with Tora. after all , you are the sister right? maybe your little sister is just too yong so she may speaks something without thinking, or, maybe she just wanna make you to pay attention to her. anyway, someday both of you may know how important the family is.
so right now, you just not so angry for what is hers doing.
tangsen

Postby Rui » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:41 am

well, i guess you've heard enough advices to try to do something with your sister, then tell us if its working, i would like to know if our english club psychologists know how to lead with this kind of situation :lol:
Rui
Platinum Member

Postby TearHere » Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:57 am

Dixie wrote:Hi TearHere (by the way I always thought you were a boy).

Sometimes that happens to me with my sister, and it's hard because she's so stubborn, speaks out her mind without thinking first, and sometimes says things that she doesn't mean but that really hurt.

So my advice to you is the following: don't pay much attention to what she says. Doesn't matter if what she says to you hurts your feelings. Just learn to ignore those comments. Ignore her. When she realizes you're not listening to her, I am sure she will stop teasing you.

i'll follow that.. thanks really...i think it will work..hopefully...

hehe..what made you say im a boy?...intereseting.. :D
When all else fails..don't stop.
TearHere
Gold Member

Postby TearHere » Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:59 am

Tora wrote:I have a a sis too, but in our relationship it was me who was bothering and making her feel annoyed every time! Terrible rows used to happen without any reason, we have a big gap... 11 years, she's elder, so imagine what a naughty child i was to her and how awful she felt! That's right don't pay too much attention on her. (My sister did but it didn't work...) You behave yourself like an adult should... Nothing but a naughty child right beside you! Sometimes it helps.

she's just a year younger than me.. maybe that's why i find it quite hard to extend my patience.. but your advices are really appreciated thanks alot..
TearHere
Gold Member

Postby TearHere » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:01 am

shokin wrote:Tell her directly what you have to tell her.

No pity ! No mildness !

There are regularly usefull conflicts !

You are boring !

I am busy !

Take self-confidence !

Shokin

thanks shokin.. there actually came a time wherein, i confronted her about it..but it didn't really work..instead it lead into a greater conflict.. :? maybe she's just impossible.. :?
TearHere
Gold Member

Next

Return to General Discussion