EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

How could be a housewife?

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

How could be a housewife?

Postby sonyym » Sat May 06, 2006 3:46 am

It is 8:00 in the morning. He just came out for work. This is the toughest day for him, because he got two works to do during day and night. But, what I just have done? I could not give him such a nice breakfast. Isn’t it easy for anybody to fry the patty? But I couldn’t. I just destroyed three yummy patties. Two of them cannot be eaten at all, the rest one he ate, but he said it was bitter because of singe. Then, it is milk. Either it is too hot, or too cold. Anyway, it is not suitable for his drinking. I am such a messer. Even dish washing, I could make water splashed anywhere. Luckily, they are plastic, otherwise… These are all what I did in the morning, nothing is good.

I am such a kitchen idiot, I always mess up the food what we bought. Recently, I feel guilty to him; I feel I waste his earning just because I cannot cook. Especially, I know how hard he works. I feel awful. What could I do to contribute this family? :cry:
sonyym
Silver Member

Postby Dixie » Sat May 06, 2006 9:02 am

Can't he cook?
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Rui » Sat May 06, 2006 9:42 am

good question dixie.. but tell me why dont you try to learn something by reading books and that kind of stuff, you would probably learn very much with culinary books, or even better you could try with him... it would be fun to learn how to cook together :wink:
Rui
Platinum Member

Postby Dixie » Sat May 06, 2006 1:31 pm

Rui wrote:good question dixie.. but tell me why dont you try to learn something by reading books and that kind of stuff, you would probably learn very much with culinary books, or even better you could try with him... it would be fun to learn how to cook together :wink:

That was going to be my next message after I got sonyym's reply :D
Dixie

Postby sonyym » Sun May 07, 2006 9:25 am

No, he cannot,but he is better than me . He is a kinda guy doing anything good. But I cannot let him cook, even cook together, because he is so tired of working. He is working so hard to support our living expense, that is why I feel guilty to him.

Thank you for your suggestion, I do read some books and I also searched lots of recipes on the internet. My mum told me I couldnt do any good things is a direct consequence of I didnt do it by my heart.
sonyym
Silver Member

Postby Dixie » Sun May 07, 2006 10:16 am

sonyym wrote:No, he cannot,but he is better than me . He is a kinda guy doing anything good. But I cannot let him cook, even cook together, because he is so tired of working. He is working so hard to support our living expense, that is why I feel guilty to him.

That's the problem of many housewives: to think that working at home is the same as working outside the home. I mean, you think that, since he's already tired of work when he gets home, he should at least find dinner prepared, since making it himself means to continue working and he's tired enough already. That, in my opinion, is false! Dinner is for both of you. Both of you are going to enjoy it so it's not fair for just one of you to cook, especially if you're not as good in the kitchen.

Firstly, you should not feel guilty. Cooking is not that easy. In many aspects, it can be considered an art, you know. Some people are better at cooking than others. Maybe you can't cook, but I bet you're very good at other stuff.

Maybe you could buy some cooking books like it's been suggested and try to prepare the recipes in them. But what I would do is talk to my husband and explain the problem to him, and try to find a solution between the two. Maybe you two could try to study the book together and when he comes home try to prepare one of the recipes together. It could be a fun activity if you think about it.
Dixie

Postby Dixie » Sun May 07, 2006 10:18 am

sonyym wrote:No, he cannot,but he is better than me .

By the way, I wanted to comment on this statement of yours. It gives the impression that you feel somehow inferior since you think that he is "better than you". Better than you, at what? Don't ever think that any other person is better than you, honey. You are good at what you do. Don't ever think the contrary. Maybe you think he's good at something but you're good at other things. There's no one better than you.
Dixie

Postby sonyym » Sun May 07, 2006 11:06 am

[ Better than you, at what? Don't ever think that any other person is better than you, honey. You are good at what you do. Don't ever think the contrary. Maybe you think he's good at something but you're good at other things. There's no one better than you.[/quote]

oh, dixie, u r so sweet, u make me cry, right now.ur words are really touching my heart. :cry: :cry: :P

seriously, dear dixie, i will print out yr reply,then frame it and hang on the wall in my bedroom to encourage me everyday. :D
sonyym
Silver Member

Postby Dixie » Sun May 07, 2006 8:44 pm

sonyym wrote:oh, dixie, u r so sweet, u make me cry, right now.ur words are really touching my heart. :cry: :cry: :P

seriously, dear dixie, i will print out yr reply,then frame it and hang on the wall in my bedroom to encourage me everyday. :D

LOL :lol: Just love yourself a little more ;)
Dixie

Postby illusion » Tue May 09, 2006 1:52 pm

You know I have come to terms with the fact I will never be a good housewife. I can't cook, can't clean, can't do the washing up and am too lazy to even try to learn it. I am hopeless at any household duty and my mum's already sure I will never get married. I'm gonna die as a horrible spinster! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Next

Return to General Discussion