EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

What would you do if your friend regulary shoplifts?

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

What would you do if your friend regulary shoplifts?

Postby ysteve » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:51 am

If he/she is your best friend, you don't approve the behavior. How do you stop him/her?
ysteve

Postby fortminor » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:36 am

shoplifting is really a bad habbit.None of my friends are like this.I've never faced this situation
fortminor
Platinum Member

Postby Dixie » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:27 am

Firstly I would talk to them and tell them this is not right. I would tell them as many times as necessary, hoping they would listen to me. If they didn't, I don't know what I would do, I would have to find myself in that situation, but I don't think I would do anything, like for instance calling the cops. No, I wouldn't. But my relationship with my friend would probably end or at least take a break until they changed they shoplifting habit.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby ysteve » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:27 pm

Dixie wrote:Firstly I would talk to them and tell them this is not right. I would tell them as many times as necessary, hoping they would listen to me. If they didn't, I don't know what I would do, I would have to find myself in that situation, but I don't think I would do anything, like for instance calling the cops. No, I wouldn't. But my relationship with my friend would probably end or at least take a break until they changed they shoplifting habit.

YES, I thought to take a break is a good way for both side and follow the situation developed.
THINKS.
ysteve

Postby StevenT » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:19 pm

Let ask ur frend whether he earn much from that job but no be arrest. :?
If he smile and say that he earn much very money from this mission then join with him ! :twisted:
Last edited by StevenT on Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
StevenT

Re: What would you do if your friend regulary shoplifts?

Postby MissLT » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:16 am

ysteve wrote:If he/she is your best friend, you don't approve the behavior. How do you stop him/her?

Don't really care. It's their business. Who am I to judge when I shoplifted before? :oops: :lol:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby TearHere » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:24 am

LennyeTran wrote:Don't really care. It's their business. Who am I to judge when I shoplifted before? :oops: :lol:

really? :shock: :lol: lennyetran shoplifted before??.. just curious..what made you do it?

if i had a friend who shoplifts..i would tell him/her that its not good.. but if he/she keeps on doing it..i'll inform his/her 'rents..afterall, it's their child, not mine..they'll have to do whatever they believe is right a punishment...if it doesn't work,then i guess i did my part as a friend, that's the extent i could help him/her..i'm not calling the cops or what..gosh..we're friends afterall..
TearHere
Gold Member

Postby kamal » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:42 am

ysteve wrote:If he/she is your best friend, you don't approve the behavior. How do you stop him/her?

i'll not hesitate at all . i'll kill him.
kamal

Postby Dixie » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:14 am

kamal wrote: i'll not hesitate at all . i'll kill him.

Woo hoooo dangerous member!!
Dixie

Postby StevenT » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:36 pm

If he never listen your advise
I will always folow him and loud calls all and yell his action, he will never steal anything !
it's a good idea
but it's only your body bigger than him if not you will come the hospital soon !!!
StevenT

Next

Return to General Discussion