EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

World is getting hotter

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Postby Rui » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:37 pm

well, this is a very important issue that we should waste a bit of time discussing with more attention, in fact and if we take a look to what is happening in some parts of the world i guess that we should be a bit concerned, one of the things im more worried about it is the sea level, as you know the sea level is getting higher every year while the polar glaciers still melting, where do you think we will get with all this... i dont see international community acting or putting in practice anything to make things better, however sometimes i feel like we never know the exact truth because it depends of the person who is giving the opinion, as danyet said and very well, scientists dont have all the same opinion, and due to this... the only question is, who should we believe since we dont have the knowledge to know who is telling the truth or not.
Rui
Platinum Member

Postby Bambang » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:43 pm

dkmsuef wrote:The earth will become cool some years later, it's a periodic phenomenon.

What's the scientific explaination on this?
Bambang
Polished Diamond Member

Re: World is getting hotter

Postby Krisi » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:43 pm

The accumulation of heat-trapping carbon emissions in the atmosphere causes our planet's temperature to rise up thereby leading to climate change.
Krisi
Ethereal Member

Postby monaji » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:16 pm

Admiral wrote::lol: Of course the world is getting hotter, girls are looking better and better
:D :D :D
monaji
Silver Member

Re:

Postby Sharky » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:23 pm

dkmsuef wrote:The earth will become cool some years later, it's a periodic phenomenon.

So I have heard this too. Apparently 2012 will bring lots of surprises to our world (poles shifting) :shock: . It's going to happen at some point and this is something that we have to deal with. The question is if we as a species will be able to survive it. The last time this occurred not many were able to survive. :cry:

When it does happen, I claim the New Islands up by the Artic. At that point it will be like owning a few islands in the Caribbean. I've always wanted my own set of islands. :D
Sharky

Postby Delia » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:11 am

I don't know for sure, but I live in a country where there're always severe winters. We used to have about -20-30degrees, and now we have rains in winter and only a little snow in the end of the winter
Delia

Postby beaverbeaver » Wed May 07, 2008 2:09 pm

The earth will become cool some years later, it's a periodic phenomenon.
it means no humans left, just ice .....
Our project: a small but active friendship group. English learner only. www.beavercanal.net
beaverbeaver

Postby Masha » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:43 pm

I've read somewhere that if the waters of the oceans rise for only 1-2 m , this will be enough to cause a global catastrophe. Some scientists say it is going to happen in 100 years or even earlier. So, many islands, which are densely inhabited now, will be under water. It sounds a little depressing, doesn't it?
Masha
Silver Member

Postby Krisi » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:09 am

Masha wrote:I've read somewhere that if the waters of the oceans rise for only 1-2 m , this will be enough to cause a global catastrophe. Some scientists say it is going to happen in 100 years or even earlier. So, many islands, which are densely inhabited now, will be under water. It sounds a little depressing, doesn't it?

I've heard, read and I'm quite sure that there's truth to this. But the time, hmm... :roll:
I doubt... :-) Miracles do happen... and it could (probably) be reversible. :-D

(I've been hearing and reading stories of men who lived to a hundred years. And heard stories of second childhood after the age of 100 year old...so the time that a great disaster will happen earlier than predicted (which is 100 years as you read) is already out of the story...:-) Please don't scare yourself... :-D Divert your mind to thinking and doing something more constructive for yourself and/(or) others. Who knows, it could move mountains... :-) )
click --> Happy Valentine!
always.

:-)
Krisi
Ethereal Member

Postby Masha » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:41 am

Probably, you're right, Krisi. There's no sense in bothering my head about something I can't change. Let's hope for the better. Thank you. :-)
Masha
Silver Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion