EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Second chances

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Second chances

Postby Rossana » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:38 am

Hi!

I just want to hear some of your opinion regarding this..

If someone had hurt you so much in the past,(let´s say,your ex-boyfriend/girlfriend who cheated on you or a father who left you when you were young) and now he/she is trying to ask for your forgiveness, what would you do?

:roll:
Rossana
Silver Member

Postby Dixie » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:05 am

It's a very complicated question. Of course it depends on a variety of factors but my first answer would be (since I am a very stubborn person) not to forgive. Depending on what happened, that would be the best solution for me. However, and like I said, it depends on many things: what happened, why it happened, and the most important: are you willing to forgive and move on?
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Rossana » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:45 am

Thanks. :)
Rossana
Silver Member

Postby sweets » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:50 am

for me i will forgive buti'll be careful also :wink:

cheeeeeeeeeeers
sweets
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Vega » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:07 am

Rosanna wrote:Hi!

If someone had hurt you so much in the past,(let´s say,your ex-boyfriend/girlfriend who cheated on you or a father who left you when you were young) and now he/she is trying to ask for your forgiveness, what would you do?

A girlfriend who cheated on me...I never forgive them.
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Dixie » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:39 am

Xkalibur wrote:A girlfriend who cheated on me...I never forgive them.

Me neither. You know what they say, "Once a cheater, always a cheater" :roll: If you love someone, you don't even think of having something with anybody else.
Dixie

Postby Hardi » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:57 am

Really hard to tell. If I haven't given anyone the first chance, then how could I give the second one. So.. it means I don't. I would make anyone who dares to betray me, to feel so miserable and guilty. That she would never courage to ask second chance. :evil:
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Re: Second chances

Postby Melek » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:33 pm

Rossana wrote:Hi!

dear,Rosanna..very interesting & very hard question...I think first of all everything depends on the situation..They say that person who can forgive is a great person..But I say that if someone loves his/her lovely he/she will forgive him/her everything..but I dont think that I will forgive him adultry..It means I will give up loving him! so choise is yours!
GOOD LUCK:)
Melek
Gold Member

Re: Second chances

Postby Vega » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:54 pm

melek wrote:
dear,Rosanna..very interesting & very hard question...I think first of all everything depends on the situation..They say that person who can forgive is a great person..But I say that if someone loves his/her lovely he/she will forgive him/her everything..but I dont think that I will forgive him adultry..It means I will give up loving him! so choise is yours!
GOOD LUCK:)

I say that person who is used to forgive is a stupid donkey...Nice saying, isn't it? May quote my words anytime you want! :P
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Dixie » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:58 pm

I agree with Xkalibur. Forgiving all the time does not make you a better person! On the contrary, it's a dumb thing to do, people will fool you all the time :roll:
Dixie

Next

Return to General Discussion