A Pregnant Dad

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

A Pregnant Dad

Post by Dixie »

Has anyone heard about Thomas Beatie yet?

He's a transgender who's now pregnant with a baby girl. Thomas was born a girl, and still has female reproductive parts. He's married and since his wife can't conceive, he decided he would do it.

He's not five months pregnant.

News
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: A Pregnant Dad

Post by Tora »

I have. The world is very weird :D well, if it makes someone happy - let it be...
sanjadz
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by sanjadz »

I read about it in the newspapers the other day, and couldn't believe it.I had never heard of anything like that before.
Last edited by sanjadz on Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

More confusion! I have to wonder what overall affect this will have on their family. It raises so many issues. :roll:
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

It's like a movie starred by Arnold Schwarzeneger?
We're all friends, right?
sweets
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by sweets »

well i heard about it but i could not believe it
دخلت حياتي كنسمة وخرجت منها كإعصار
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

the world's moving on ;> but in a very strange direction...
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

I red the news several days ago and I just wonder how those sustances that she( well, no "he") has been taken for 10 years didn't affetc her(his) female organs so that she(HE) could be pregnat now :?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Oriani wrote:I red the news several days ago and I just wonder how those sustances that she( well, no "he") has been taken for 10 years didn't affetc her(his) female organs so that she(HE) could be pregnat now :?
He just took hormones, but kept his original female reproductive parts.

Anyway, does anybody else think this guys has a big personality problem? I mean, if he wants to be a guy, it's totally fine. BUT, being a man implies not being able to conceive a child. However, he does want to have one. Looks to me like he doesn't really know what he wants.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Dixie wrote:Has anyone heard about Thomas Beatie yet?

He's a transgender who's now pregnant with a baby girl. Thomas was born a girl, and still has female reproductive parts. He's married and since his wife can't conceive, he decided he would do it.

News
:shock: frightening!
esl member since 2007
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

Dixie wrote:
Oriani wrote:I red the news several days ago and I just wonder how those sustances that she( well, no "he") has been taken for 10 years didn't affetc her(his) female organs so that she(HE) could be pregnat now :?

Anyway, does anybody else think this guys has a big personality problem? I mean, if he wants to be a guy, it's totally fine. BUT, being a man implies not being able to conceive a child. However, he does want to have one. Looks to me like he doesn't really know what he wants.
She/He is at a confusing crossroad.
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Dixie wrote:

And his girlfriend can't have babies!!! It is really weird.. I mean.. I dont know!!!
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Dixie wrote:

Even straight people don't know what they want!!!! It's human nature to have uncertainties. He, as like many others, did not feel right in his original form; that's why he had surgery. Nonetheless, he still has his female's private organ, for it's more difficult to imitate the male's private organ than physical appearance, perhaps??? In a lesbian world, he would be considered as a butch, someone who is quite masculine in behavior and appearance. Therefore, he is still a woman deep down, I suppose. Nothing is wrong with a woman having a child.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Oriani wrote:
Dixie wrote:

And his girlfriend can't have babies!!! It is really weird.. I mean.. I dont know!!!
Not everyone can be able to conceive.
jrkp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jrkp »

Dixie wrote:

Yes I agree with you. To me, it would´ve been easier from them to adopt one, instead of trying to have a biological one... So far, I don´t understand what is the big deal about having biological kids... I think parents are the ones who bring you up, not the one who conceive you...

Also, This event can bring a interesting debate about the role of transgender in the society... for instance, if they are legally considered a man and they start having babies.... will they enjoy maternity leave?... or paternity?.... I don´t know, I just wonder... :?
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

LennyeTran wrote:Not everyone can be able to conceive.
And there are people who don't want to have babies and they kill them even before they are born!!! :(
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

Oriani wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:Not everyone can be able to conceive.
And there are people who don't want to have babies and they kill them even before they are born!!! :(
That's right. :cry:
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Annaa »

Dixie wrote:Has anyone heard about Thomas Beatie yet?

News

OMG :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..
venusian

Post by venusian »

Oh my God,, that was real..?? well, thanks for give that strange news..
it shows to the world of the best gift from God.. :)
Venusian was Yayu
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Latest news:

(s)he has given birth to a baby girl... :-|
esl member since 2007
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Congratulations, then! ;)
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Dixie wrote:Congratulations, then! ;)
:lol: Hope (s)he could see your compliments! :lol:
esl member since 2007
Asep
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Asep »

Forget about the so-called pregnant dad. I've found myself eager to be one...
JIKai

Post by JIKai »

:shock:
fangel

Post by fangel »

hmm really frightening..they have an option like they can adopt orphan babies so those will have parents and these can have babies..by this orphans in our world wil decrease...
fervent

Post by fervent »

I shocked! I can't belive!! :shock:
clevermae

Post by clevermae »

i just heard the news that Thomas Beatie is pregnant again -- with his 3rd child!
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

I think it is a madness. It is against common sense, it is against natural order of this world. I wonder - who are people who want to be a man rather than a woman and vice versa. A man cannot deliver children. It is an obvious nonsense! Of course it can happen
thanks to scientifical progress but it is against all order of this world. It is against everything to me. Probaly whole mess is because traditional (many thousand years old) rules of the world (of a man and a woman) have been rapidly changed since the time of industrial revolution. Before similar desires could have been regarded as a total madness. It could be something like A WAR OF WOMEN - you know - many women who went to wage a war.
But not a war - you know - to have their views - only I am thinking about many women who made their own army and started to fight with men about given area or what. It is something the same ridiculous and totally insane to me :roll:

ps. I am a biologist - and now take it into consideration - who delivers kids ? A woman who used to be a man or a man who used to be a woman? And what for? why does he do it? Doth she turned herself into a man. Why? Cause she had had no thinking about kids as a woman when decided on delivering a kid as a man. It should be something out of question to such a person, something absolutely negative, immpossible to imagine, immpossible to think about - I mean delivering a kid as a man - but it happens. Why? The answer is simple to me. And what about you?
:roll:
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

ps. Unfortunatelly I cannot edit my last post any longer so I want ask you in this message - when a scientist has a real success - cause in my opinion it is a parody of what real science should be , whole this situation. So - what is a real success - to make pregnant a man who turned himself into woman or to make pregnant a woman who turned herself into man? I think first case is a real scientifical success and the second case IN FACT is a scientifical failure. Cause men don't deliver kids. Simple explanation :roll:

LM

ps2. why is it like that - fighting women have been always a part of human culture, imagination - I mean army of women - you know. But such thing has never happened - a lot of women who were waging a real war against a lot of men. But what happened are women turned into men who deliver kids being men! Insane - don't you think? :roll:

ps3. 2012 is comming!
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by sweethuman »

illusion wrote:the world's moving on ;> but in a very strange direction...