I'm a native English speaker and new to this forum

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Lydialee

Re: I'm a native English speaker and new to this forum

Post by Lydialee »

Hi Peartree, nice to meet you here. I'm a new member too. I am from China. I have studied English for many years but always feel lack of something to be good at English. Maybe it's the language environment. What do you think?
Karo

Post by Karo »

Hi Peartree!
I'm from Argentina and I wanted to know how is 2010 said, I mean; two thousand and ten or twenty ten??
Thanks a lot!
Tipps

Post by Tipps »

Hello Peartree, Thats wonderful news. I joined this club to improve my English writing skills. Do you have a Skype account or email account for me to keep in touch? I would like you to comment on my comments. My big problem is with punctuation marks. Any help appreciated.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

peartree wrote:Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and just wanted to introduce myself. I am from the UK and have been an English teacher since 2002. I've taught in Japan, Italy, Germany and London. If you have any questions on how to improve your English I would be happy to help. I have prepared students for Cambridge examinations and the IELTS so any questions on those topics are welcome. :-)
Hi peartree and welcome! How come you have taught in so many countries in just eight years?

I prepare students for Cambridge exams as well so if you want to share any ideas you'll be very welcome. :-D
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Karo wrote:Hi Peartree!
I'm from Argentina and I wanted to know how is 2010 said, I mean; two thousand and ten or twenty ten??
Thanks a lot!
I was told that both are correct, only two thousand and ten is more formal.