My memorable time in English Club

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Teresa

Re: My memorable time in English Club

Post by Teresa »

Hi Arale,

First of all, congratulations for reaching your goals.
I'm also from Vietnam & I'm new member here. Thank you for great sharing!
Be successful & hope you have time to share more. I love to learn with you & others here.

Teresa
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Hi Arale,

I just read your first post! I'd love to let you know that your words were motivating to me.Thanks for writting about your own experiance in English learning.

May I ask a question?! What are moderators of a forum supposed to do? What do they do exactly?

Hope to hear from you,

Best of luck,
Elham
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

Elham wrote:What are moderators of a forum supposed to do? What do they do exactly?
Hi Elham,
Forum moderators do the same as the police does in a civilized society. They patrol streets, help people to find a way, prevent law breaks. Warn a disobidient. Punish, if it needs.
We are too motley public. And we are imperfect either. Is it fair to leave us in a lurch?

Sincirely,
Andrew
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

reindeer wrote:
Elham wrote:What are moderators of a forum supposed to do? What do they do exactly?
Hi Elham,
Forum moderators do the same as the police does in a civilized society. They patrol streets, help people to find a way, prevent law breaks. Warn a disobidient. Punish, if it needs.
We are too motley public. And we are imperfect either. Is it fair to leave us in a lurch?

Sincirely,
Andrew
You are sweet, reindeer.
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

Reindeer...why not an elk? By the way, am I not allowed to paste some picture above the nick?
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

reindeer wrote:Reindeer...why not an elk? By the way, am I not allowed to paste some picture above the nick?
What do you mean?
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

Look at the date of the post Oriani - that's a history. In the beginning of July I haven't learnt yet the function of a secret User Control Panel button, which is designed for managing profile, and so I was not be able to fix my beloved picture of a cat.
ashraf

Post by ashraf »

i am Ashraf, first of all i thought myself very good in English language, my mother tongue language is Arabic, but i love english very much i hope to improve it as well as i hope, in the past i was started to read some stories and encyclopedias, and listening to foreigners songs and i felt i was improving myself well, but one day when i was chatting with some one from England i found it too difficult to communicate with him and i felt shy, i don't know what i have to say, but i hope that i can improve my skills with you if you don't mind, even if i found someone to chat with me :(, it would be convenient to me:) thanks.
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

I miss those days... :-(
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Oriani wrote:I miss those days... :-(
Me too.
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

Damn! I missed some days too. Recently I was looking for a couple of nice summer days, and oops! - I couldn't find them. Didn't you see them by chance?
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

reindeer wrote:Damn! I missed some days too. Recently I was looking for a couple of nice summer days, and oops! - I couldn't find them. Didn't you see them by chance?
Keep looking. {-;
Northwind

Post by Northwind »

Your story encourage me to continue post more threads in this forum. Thank you for sharing us your story and good luck in your study in US!
pkumarj

Post by pkumarj »

hi Arale i am inspired from your post you are saying very true line regarding interest, really if you are not intersted in any thing then you can't get successs
Sabrina

Post by Sabrina »

Hello everyone,

Greetings from Ukraine! It's great to meet everyone. I find this forum so inspiring. So many forum from around the world improving their English.

About me - I'm an intermediate level non native speaker. I want to practice more over skype. Let me know if anyone is interested
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Memory!

Post by behnam »

Hi,

There are bad and good memories associated with English club. For me both of them happened in English club chat room. When I joined the chat room for the first time, I saw there were some people from my country Iran and some people from other countries. There were chatting, but the topics were about politics and religions. Islam and Iran were both under bombardment of the chatters. Even some Iranian people were bombarding Iran's government and Islam! I decided to defend myself and my religion. I did it successfully.

Little by little, because of jealousy maybe, some Iranian people(most of them were females) started to fight with me. They were old members of the chat room. They had many friends and supporters. Specially, many men were always there to support them. They started fighting with me while I was alone. However, I could make friends with some people who were against them. Finally, we could manage to stop them from impoliteness and insulting. We won!

Well, I knew that I had to pay the price of that success. Some Iranian females started to spread rumors about me. They spread negative things about me. Meanwhile, my close friend who was very powerful in the chat room left the room. I became helpless. In addition, one of the men who was always against me in order to please those females became moderator. You can guess what happened. I got banned. This was a sad memory which is memorable all the time.

About sweet memories, I can say meeting friends from different countries with different cultures was always sweet. I am in contact with some of them. I am happy about it.

All the best,
Behnam, 15 March, 2014
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Happy New Year!

Post by behnam »

Hi,

Happy New Year to all Iranians and people who celebrate the first two weeks of Spring! In particular, Happy 13 bedar! {-:

All the best,
Behnam, 2 April, 2014
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by Oriani »

behnam wrote:Hi,

Happy New Year to all Iranians and people who celebrate the first two weeks of Spring! In particular, Happy 13 bedar! {-:

All the best,
Behnam, 2 April, 2014
Happy new year, my friend.
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Happy Ramadan!

Post by behnam »

Hi friends,

Happy Ramadan!

All the best,
Behnam, 29 June, 2014
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
thaohub

Post by thaohub »

Dear Arale,

I have read your story and I really admired you. Do you know that I am from Viet Nam, too. I have known about this forum and I felt that this is a great place to practice english.

Thank you so much for your advices. That made me have a strong believe that I can be good at english.

Best,
Thao
Xamgin

Post by Xamgin »

Hi dear!
it was really memorable time!!!
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

this is the very first internet site I have ever joined... even ahead of all the other known social networking sites I also participated in.
I am so thankful to Mr. Josef for creating this site.
esl member since 2007