Are cell phones dangerous?

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

pBar

Re: Are cell phones dangerous?

Post by pBar »

I had moments when my phone was getting warm and after this kind of situation i was thinking about all effects that could be not so good for my helth. I would listen to my doctor and give my brain a little bit of break from all this radiation.
nadine

Post by nadine »

It depends on how serious it would be and if it would effect anyone else but me.
But if the docter tells you something like that, it's probably pretty serious. On the other hand, where would you be without your cell phone? If i could still use it for short periods of time, i would agree, but not to use it at all is hard because we're so used to being connected all the time. But if it was really serious and dangerous I would always listen to the docter.
amandavrijswijk

Post by amandavrijswijk »

I surtenly believe that the waves that the cell phone is sending are unhealthy, but i don't believe that it causes cancer. Maybe it's a different story when the cell phone is constantly near your head. Only if there is proof that cell phones cause cancer, i would not use it as much as i do now!
AnneN

Post by AnneN »

first of all a doctor should come with a very good reason for me to not use my phone for a certain matter of time. And maybe then I won't use it for a while, but probably I will use my laptop and Ipod more to keep the opportunity to connect to other people.
ilsstudent

Post by ilsstudent »

A doctor is not a person that I would listen to when it goes about this subject. But when a expert how did research about it come up with reliable results I want to consider not use my cell. Once I read a story about someone how could't sleep well, the advice was to not lay down your phone next to your bed or just turn it off. That makes me wonder... maybe mobile phone radiation can effect your health...?
LisaJanssen

Post by LisaJanssen »

Depends on whether he explains why and what's the reason, and what the consequenses are. When using the cellphone is a big risk, I would sertainly reconsider the use of it. But from the other side, if cellphones would be dangerous, wouldn't they be not on the market at all? Everybody's using a cellphone, you'd think there'd be lot of sick people because of it, but I'm aware of none...
So, when the risks are high I would consider it, but I really don't think I will have to!

Lisa Janssen
Lifestyle 1E
loekie

Post by loekie »

It will be a lot more difficult, but I would use it les.
It's not that my life depends of my cell phone... It's easy to speak or text your friends all the time, but I more like it, when I speak them face to face!
mariskaverspuij

Post by mariskaverspuij »

It depends, if it's for my health, and the doctor can prove the risks, than i would listen. My health is more important than my cell phone. I know that's not a good idea to put your cell phone under your pillow for the radiation.
ReneeQ

Post by ReneeQ »

If my doctor told me not to use my cell phone, I think I would still use it because I use it all the time for texting, calling, as an alarm etc. I don't know why a doctor would tell me not to use it, but if using it could really hurt me, I try to use it as much as I do now.
KimberlyMaduro

Post by KimberlyMaduro »

If my doctor told me not to use my cellphone I would drop dead! I would really die seriously! Nowadays cellphones are a priority. It is important to be always connected to the world from wherever you are. But if my doctor really told me not to use it, I would definitely follow his advice and look for a solution. Maybe a headset would do?
melchoreldragon

Post by melchoreldragon »

A few years ago I read that cellphones have a bad influence on your health, because of the radiation. If a men carries a cellphone in his pocket it can have a bad influence on his sperm.
SaskiaBraat

Post by SaskiaBraat »

If the doctor says I can't use my cell phone I don't think I would listen to him because I use my cell phone every day. I can't even imagine living without a cell phone! :shock:
Besides.. I don't think that it has negative influence on my health. I mean.. what's wrong with cell phones? :?:
Meihandoest

Post by Meihandoest »

A study by an award winning cancer expert shows that cell phone use could kill more people than smoking, it is reported.

The study is said to be the most damning indictment of cell phone use. According to the Independent, cancers take at least 10 years to develop, which has influenced earlier cancer studies showing relative safety when using cell phones.

So I think that cell phones can be very dangerous
MartinBonke

Post by MartinBonke »

I use my cellphone every day, and it's always an arm reach away from me. Even now, my cell is lying next to me. If the doctor told me using a cellphone is dangerous, and it can causes cancer, I honestly don't know if I would use it less. I mean, does the doctor have a protocol of how to use it then? I'm not constantly on the phone, so the radio signals and warmth of my cellphone is not constantly against my head. I think that if you use it with care, there's nothing to worry about. So don't go calling for six hours straight! {-;
Danielle

Post by Danielle »

If the doctor gives me this advice I would ask him why. If he gives me a good reason and explains to me what my personal benefits are I would agree. But when the doctor would call me now to tell me I shouldn't use my cellphone anymore without any further information I would probably ignore him. My cellphone is part of my life and there must be enough evidence why I shouldn't use it before I will.
Kellocaramello

Post by Kellocaramello »

I probably wouldnt listen to the doctor unless its life threatening. I lost my cell for 2 days, and i totally freaked out.. Its weird not having your cell, cause I use it all the time.
I text often just to ask things that arent that important but good to know. I cant wait till I´m home and ask face to face. Texting is much easier. It gives me a weird feeling not having a cell, it feels like I´m not reachable.
chantalp

Post by chantalp »

About a time ago i read something about this topic. Your mobilephone can cause cancer because of the radiation. But this radiation is very low, so when my doctor will tell me not to use my mobile phone anymore i wouldn't agree. Because it is important to be mobile and that you can stay in touch with other people.
citracharline

Post by citracharline »

。◕‿◕。

i think it depends How to use it correctly,
For example for some workers..especially who is working in communication field.
they need to use it properly,,
but we might concern to let dangerous things as our consideration
how much frequently we use it,
as generall people who use a cell phone are not more than a half day,
it wont disturb our listening capability
but its an excuse for people who almost use it everyday,
based on the healthy study,
the brain will be disturbed, because the receptor of the nerves stimulation doesnt work normally, there is a gap when the receptor accepts that stimulation,
However, there are some solution which can help people to prevent this symptoms,
we can use another technology solution that might give us offering help.

╔♫═╗╔╗ ♥
╚╗╔╝║║♫═╦╦╦╔╗
╔╝╚╗♫╚╣║║║║╔╣
╚═♫╝╚═╩═╩♫╩═╝ ENGLISH ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Sincerely, Charline \^.^/
LotteEijkens

Post by LotteEijkens »

Cell phones are only dangerous for people in there social field. Now people call each other when they wanna talk instead of talking to face to face. This is very bad for there social life because physical contact is much better for someone.

When a doctor tell me that I may not use my phone for a while I'm probably dislike that! The first days gonna be hard but I think that when I'm used to I can live with it. I think it's good for me because than I'll see my parents and my friends more in real live and I have my computer with internet, so I'm not gonna die!
JANKA

Post by JANKA »

If he gives me a good reason, yes i would. But i do believe that it would be very hard for me to live without my cell phone. Nowadays you just need your cell phone for allmost everything!
lissyvanhemert

Post by lissyvanhemert »

I don't think cell phones are dangerous but I do think they have an influence on your health. I believe that the radiation ( when your cell phone is turned on AND off ) coming from your cell phone, has an influence on your health and mood. The radiation can give you a headache, when you are using your cell phone for a long time.
KimSteehouder

Post by KimSteehouder »

If my doctor told me that cell phones were dangerous and that I shouldn't use my cell phone, I would first ask him why he thinks it's dangerous. So I want to know his arguments. But I don't think I would really leave my cell phone at home. Nowadays everybody has a cell phone and it's a important tool the be connected with your environment. And if something happens it's very usefull that you can call somebody. Besides when they developed the cell phone they would have examined if the use of a cell phone infects your health. If it was very bad for your health it would probably not be on the market nowadays, because products have certain standards to proceed.
KimSteehouder

Post by KimSteehouder »

If my doctor told me not to use my cell phone for a long period, I would first want to know why he wants me to do that. I want to know his arguments. Based on his arguments I would decide wether to use or not to use my cell phone.

Now I think that I wouldn't plan to use my cell phone for a long period of time. Because it's a way to stay in contact with your friends, nowadays everybody has a cell-phone and you get very used to it. If something happens it's very usefull that you can call somebody and to be reachable. Besides a cell phone wouldn't be on the market if it was so bad for your health.

I'm against people who use their cell phone when they're driving. That can cause accidents because you're not paying attention while you're driving. So I think it's a good rule of the government to forbide this.
Inez

Post by Inez »

I can not imagine my docter saying that to me. And if he does say it? I would ask him to give me his sources. I would really want to be sure that I am not using my phone for a good reason.
steffie

Post by steffie »

i guess i would listen to my doctor because it's for my own health and that is really important to me, but he really have to convince me that it's necessary, otherwise i won't do it when he doesn't has a good reason to let me stop using my cell phone.
MnonF

Post by MnonF »

I do believe cell phones are not as safe as we think they are. According to the European Parlement, several scientific studies showed that electromagnetic radiation from cell phones are very harmful. There is a strong possibilaty that radiation and the arise of brain tumors have a connection. But only a few precentage of people are hypersensitive to these kinds of electromagnetic radiation. So it's hard to forbid the use of a cell phone when not everyone is in danger. It's also difficult to examine everyone who is sensitive to it. Though it can be harmful, i do not believe cell phones will ever be forbidden to use. It is such an important gadget nowadays. I think the only thing the government is able to do, is setting up campagnes along with the message not to have a cell phone near your bed while sleeping. Maybe that could help?
MnonF

Post by MnonF »

I would agree to using the phone less when the doctor says I am hypersensitive to it, but my phone will never be entirely out of my life as many would confirm it too.
stijn

Post by stijn »

It depends of the consequences. If these are dangerous, I would go to another doctor for a second opinion. If he would give the same advice I would agree.
bernievhegelsom

Post by bernievhegelsom »

If my doctor would tell me not to use my cell phone, first I will ask him why. If he gives me a reasonable explanation and it will be scientifically investigated, then I will believe him, otherwise not. I think that cell phones aren’t dangerous. But if they are, I’m willing to reduce my use of cell phones. If it is dangerous I will use it as less as necessary, but I won’t put it away forever. Because I need a cell phone for my social contact: this is also important for my quality of life.
Tine

Post by Tine »

First of all I would like to know why my cell phone is dangerous for my health. I wouldn't just listen to the doctor, I would like to have some more information about it. And if it is very important not to use my cell phone because for example I can get very sick of using it, I would agree with the doctor. He knows what he is talking about and what's good for my health. It would be very difficult not to use my cell phone but maybe we can come up with a solution.
Princess

Post by Princess »

Hi

Frankly, I don't know. :-(

But i think i should do as he told me specially that we all know that the cell phone has a it of bad effects on our health :twisted: but it became as a life need now. :roll:
veer

Post by veer »

A study by an cancer expert shows that cell phone use could kill more people than smoking, it is reported. So that means cell phones are dangerous. If I smoked and the doctor would recommend quit smoking, I will stop. That's the same as using my cell phone.
cecilecremer

Post by cecilecremer »

I think it would be very difficult to follow his advice.
My cellphone is really precious to me, i don't go anywhere without it, at night it lays next to my pillow and during the day it will be with me all the time.

But if my doctor would tell me it's really dangerous for my health and i have to stop this behaviour, i think i would do it, but it would cost me some afford and time.

Health is more important to me then everything else.

Cecile Cremer
cecilecremer

Post by cecilecremer »

I would find it quite difficult to stop using my cellphone. I use my cellphone always and everywhere, at night it lays next to my pillow and if i forget it, i''m really moody.

But if my doctor tells me it is bad for my health and i really have to quit it, i would at least give it a try, because i believe health is more important then everything else.
Elmay

Post by Elmay »

If not using my cellphone would be much better for my own health, I would agree with my doctor and not use the phone. I would only do this if it really makes a huge difference, because a cellphone is very important.
RaquelBK

Post by RaquelBK »

If my docter told me not to use my ell phone for a long periods of time, I should agree. I trust my docter and he wouldn't tell me nonsense. Of course it depents of the disease because I can't live without my cell phone.
Liekeh

Post by Liekeh »

First of all i would have asked him, the reason why? afther that, when he has a good reason i will put my cell phone away, and i will found something new.
noon

Post by noon »

if my doctor say that i will do!

becouse the cell phon very dangeures that true!

it's difficult. yes i with you but you must do
ginothehague

Post by ginothehague »

you can get diseases from so much things, what does it matter if you can get a diseas from calling by a cell phone
ramonahendriks

Post by ramonahendriks »

First of all.. Why would he say that?
I almost can't imagine a life without cell phone. I have my cell phone always with me.
But if he's really serious about it, and my health is dangerously in trouble if I keep using my cell phone.. I would follow his advice. How hard it's going to be.
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by sweethuman »

1. As I read in a Newspaper that using Cell phones excessively particulary through their right ear- it badly affects their listening power and causes permanent pain in the right ear while telephonic communication.
2. On the other hand it was mentioned that the left ear has ability to listen more than as compare to the right ear.
3. And also The cell phone towers/pillars from which the cellphone take coverage/signals if it is near to someone's home so the rediations/waves of the towers affects the young females womb and after marriage causes problem in child birth.
4. When we use cellphones so we mostly get headache, it was mentioned that we get some kind of rediations/virus in our mind, and we have to put our head on floor/earth so the earth could grab/catch those from our head.

P.S: Not my personal idiology, I read it in a newspapers long back.