EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

HAPPY RAMADAN (رمضان)

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

HAPPY RAMADAN (رمضان)

Postby sweethuman » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:51 am

Assalam-O-Alaikum Dear Friends,

I congratulate all my Muslim friends in this forum for the forthcoming HOLY month of RAMADAN. May Allah give you the strength to perform good deeds and worship alot in this month of blessing and mercy.

Wish you have a blessed month ahead, And hope your prayers and fasts are accepted in the House Of Allah.



Be happy and spread peace. :-) :-) :-D
User avatar
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member
 
Posts: 1206
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 7:18 am
Status: Other

Re: HAPPY RAMADAN (رمضان)

Postby getthatjames » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:12 pm

To all my Muslim Friends, may you have a prosperous life this time of Ramadan. I hope we can all find peace in ourselves so as to reflect it on others.

peace to all.
getthatjames
New Member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:09 pm
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Status: Other

Re: HAPPY RAMADAN (رمضان)

Postby Nanning » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:26 am

I am not a Muslim, but I stayed in Muslim countries for a while, so I want to share something with you if you do not mind.
I saw some people did not really and sincerely observe such festival because they would enjoy eating some food behind others or before foreigners only,some of my Muslim friends even tried to eat some pork for a change, to much surprise of us.
The closing day of fast when big eating is carried out, the streets and everywhere were turned into a big butcher house where cattles were killed, which was not good for sight and somewhat terrible.
hehe, again, I hope you do not mind, and I wish you happiness and health.
Nanning
Silver Member
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:53 pm
Location: Nanning, Guangxi, PR China

Re: HAPPY RAMADAN (رمضان)

Postby sweethuman » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:59 am

Nanning wrote:I am not a Muslim, but I stayed in Muslim countries for a while, so I want to share something with you if you do not mind.
I saw some people did not really and sincerely observe such festival because they would enjoy eating some food behind others or before foreigners only,some of my Muslim friends even tried to eat some pork for a change, to much surprise of us.The closing day of fast when big eating is carried out, the streets and everywhere were turned into a big butcher house where cattles were killed, which was not good for sight and somewhat terrible.
hehe, again, I hope you do not mind, and I wish you happiness and health.


Well My friend,
First of all, Being sincere and respectfull to your religion doesnt depend on the religion however on the person who is doing so and his deeds, the same point can be observed in every religion, some people strictly imitate their religion and do good deeds and some dont imitate and commit sins. So it has nothing to do with the religion but the person's own personality, behavior and nature. We can say that all FIVE FINGERS OF THE HAND ARE NOT THE SAME. Offcourse there will be people who will not strictly obey the FASTING laws and rules, and they are responsible for their own deeds.
Secondly, Being a muslim, since I have lived in 3 muslim countries I havent observed so as you mentioned that at the evening the streets turn into a butcher house. We buy things from the market for the IFTARI (Break fast) and meat as well. By the way let me clarify that in ISLAM eating meat of cows, goat, sheep etc are allowed/lawful and we eat them same as most of the people eat pork, in some countries they eat dogs, in some countries they eat snakes, frogs etc.
The living styles and comestible food depends upon ones own likes and dislikes as well as the culture and religion.
I didnt mind your saying. Be Happy.
User avatar
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member
 
Posts: 1206
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 7:18 am
Status: Other

Re: HAPPY RAMADAN (رمضان)

Postby ArnauEstanyol » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:44 pm

Nanning wrote:I am not a Muslim, but I stayed in Muslim countries for a while, so I want to share something with you if you do not mind.
I saw some people did not really and sincerely observe such festival because they would enjoy eating some food behind others or before foreigners only,some of my Muslim friends even tried to eat some pork for a change, to much surprise of us.


I'm not a Muslim. I'm a Catholic and concerning what you say I think it's logical that many people don't participate in its own religion as in the Catholicism there are a lot of people doing the same despite their credences. I consider myself as a non practising catholic. I don't go to the church on Sunday, for example. I pray at home. That issue must be a personal election or at least should be it. Here where I'm living I've seen many Muslims eating pig because they had to do a cruel choice: eating anything or die of hungry. Or simply they eat pig cause they like it.
User avatar
ArnauEstanyol
Gold Member
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:58 am
Location: Catalunya
Status: English Learner

Re: HAPPY RAMADAN (رمضان)

Postby Nanning » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:44 pm

sweethuman wrote:since I have lived in 3 muslim countries I havent observed so as you mentioned that at the evening the streets turn into a butcher house.

I think you have misunderstood me. What I said is the day when all the fast ends, which is another big festival, the name of which I do not remember now, not the evening of a certain day.
Sometimes when there was so much blood here and there, you might thought you were in a battlefield or a crime scene. I had a mixed feeling when I saw a big bull or cattle was brought down without resistance by some people who applied sharp knives to its neck. In my country the biggest festival only sees us killing a chick or a duck, the cutting of pigs or cattles are done by professionals out of the sight of general public.
Once I was invited by a local friend to share his beef, I did not really enjoy the cooking and had a hard time digesting the rough beef and had some pain later.
I can even tell you some Muslim religious bearded guys went to other towns to enjoy movies because they were afraid to be known by local people if they saw films locally. That is what I saw in Bangladesh and absolutely true.
Nanning
Silver Member
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:53 pm
Location: Nanning, Guangxi, PR China

Re: HAPPY RAMADAN (رمضان)

Postby sweethuman » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:16 am

Nanning wrote:
sweethuman wrote:since I have lived in 3 muslim countries I havent observed so as you mentioned that at the evening the streets turn into a butcher house.

I think you have misunderstood me. What I said is the day when all the fast ends, which is another big festival, the name of which I do not remember now, not the evening of a certain day.
Sometimes when there was so much blood here and there, you might thought you were in a battlefield or a crime scene. I had a mixed feeling when I saw a big bull or cattle was brought down without resistance by some people who applied sharp knives to its neck. In my country the biggest festival only sees us killing a chick or a duck, the cutting of pigs or cattles are done by professionals out of the sight of general public.
Once I was invited by a local friend to share his beef, I did not really enjoy the cooking and had a hard time digesting the rough beef and had some pain later.
I can even tell you some Muslim religious bearded guys went to other towns to enjoy movies because they were afraid to be known by local people if they saw films locally. That is what I saw in Bangladesh and absolutely true.


Well my dear that is true, Let me give you a short description regarding it and to clear your misconception that day is called EID-UL-ADHA, it is a religious day when ABRAHAM wanted to slay his son ISMAIL, so GOD sent a sheep instead of it, so he slaughtered that sheep. We celebrate two Holy days in a year that is (Eid-Ul-Fitar) and (Eid-Ul-Adha). It is observed in all muslim countries, and also when the muslims go to SAUDI ARABIA for HAJJ then there is a specific day for it, those cattles and sheeps, cows etc which you mean are slaughtered by muslims, it is apart of our belief and religion and the only reason behind it is that: we distribute the meat of those animals amongst the poor people as charity. (For free).
User avatar
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member
 
Posts: 1206
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 7:18 am
Status: Other

Re: HAPPY RAMADAN (رمضان)

Postby sweethuman » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:55 am

ArnauEstanyol wrote:
Nanning wrote:I am not a Muslim, but I stayed in Muslim countries for a while, so I want to share something with you if you do not mind.
I saw some people did not really and sincerely observe such festival because they would enjoy eating some food behind others or before foreigners only,some of my Muslim friends even tried to eat some pork for a change, to much surprise of us.


I'm not a Muslim. I'm a Catholic and concerning what you say I think it's logical that many people don't participate in its own religion as in the Catholicism there are a lot of people doing the same despite their credences. I consider myself as a non practising catholic. I don't go to the church on Sunday, for example. I pray at home. That issue must be a personal election or at least should be it. Here where I'm living I've seen many Muslims eating pig because they had to do a cruel choice: eating anything or die of hungry. Or simply they eat pig cause they like it.


Thanks ArnauEstanyol,
This was what I wanted to make him understand. Thanks for the comments. :-)
User avatar
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member
 
Posts: 1206
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 7:18 am
Status: Other

Re: HAPPY RAMADAN (رمضان)

Postby sweets » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:34 pm

Ramdam kareem to all of you
may Allah accespt your prays and fast inshalla

thanx to swwethuman who post this topic
sweets
Rough Diamond Member
 
Posts: 1256
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:35 pm
Location: some where behind the sea
Status: Other

Re: HAPPY RAMADAN (رمضان)

Postby Nanning » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:21 am

Actually before you made your explanation, I know everything well enough.
Each time I hear the news of death of pilgrims in Saudi Arabia, which is more often than not, I feel very sad. What is wrong with those guys? Many Muslim people would make prayers five times a day, and ask others with great concern and interests what their religion is, making you think they are so religious that if there was no Islam they would have difficulty to live on,but what they do is the opposite.
If you ask Chinese people what their religion is, they may not have a very clear idea of the question. To them a religion is not just a temple where you have a statue of deity or some prayers said repeatedly at a fixed time, but a way of life which has led the Chinese people through a lot of troubles and survived many difficulties. There is not a dominating tangible religion in form but it exists in the mind of people.
Nanning
Silver Member
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:53 pm
Location: Nanning, Guangxi, PR China

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests