How to exchange languages without a common language ?

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: How to exchange languages without a common language ?

Post by shokin »

I will use google translate. :lol:

And download some books to learn Chinese.
adle

Post by adle »

I've tried doing a language exchange with little to no common language in between. And it was hard. Though I did learn things from my partner in the language exchange I would still recommend having a partner that speaks a common second language of sorts, say English even if its just basic for both of you which doesn't seem to be the case for your side.

PS. after typing the above comment I noticed that my answer is 6 years too late.LOL
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

shokin wrote:I will use google translate. :lol:

And download some books to learn Chinese.
I don't know how accurate Chinese google translation is but I know Vietnamese one is ~. I translate English books into Vietnamese as my new habit. I thought it'd be much faster if I just copy and paste the whole chunk of text to be translated in couple seconds. However, I ended up switching and changing the wording because it came out all wrong. Maybe the Chinese version is much better, I don't know. Ask your friend first before you start learning the phrases from google translation.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

adle wrote:I've tried doing a language exchange with little to no common language in between. And it was hard. Though I did learn things from my partner in the language exchange I would still recommend having a partner that speaks a common second language of sorts, say English even if its just basic for both of you which doesn't seem to be the case for your side.

PS. after typing the above comment I noticed that my answer is 6 years too late.LOL
How did you do it? Do you still remember the language?