EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Neringa » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:39 pm

Hi Trinti
I see you are also a new member in this forum. Maybe we could exchange our experience of teaching and learning English.
Neringa

Postby grincas » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:36 pm

hi dear friends ,I m the new member of this thread. I m from Turkey and I m trying to be a teacher.My first message seems quite different:) sorry for that. I really want to share something and learn something from you. I need to revise my English ,so I find this thread very helpful. I will be happy ,if you welcome me. I need your suggests and advices ...
grincas

Postby Mohsen » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:34 am

Hi Behnam,

I hope everything is going well with you. One week break , relax because of university holiday, enjoy it.
Don't fancy that that a rich family is behind my wife, the story is that my boss and I were living in a neighbour for some years. We rarely had intercourse for some times. So we know each other well.
Be sure that men never let women make decision about men's domain. But it is a good strategy that sometimes men hid behind the women, in fact it is a policy for a man who is in predicament.
Man is intolerant ,so a woman can play her role.
Of course I don't suggest my wife for such a work ,but if she insists on it ,or do it hiddenly ,I don't object her .
Good Luck,
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby behnam » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:38 am

Hi Trinti,

Welcome to this place! Thank you very much for sharing a useful grammar point with us. We are some learners from different countries and we are learning English through writing and reading. We would be happy if we could have you in our community. Writing has helped me learn grammar and spelling. In fact, effective writing needs using correct structures. When people care about the grammar of English in their writings, they learn it; because 'practice makes perfect'.

Would you please give us some information about yourself? I hope to hear more from you.

All the best,
Behnam, 3 February, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby behnam » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:57 am

Hi Neringa,

Welcome to this thread! Thank you very much for joining us. As I wrote to Trinti, we are some learners and we take every opportunity to improve our English. Therefore, people who have some experience in teaching or learning English can be very useful for us. We appreciate your presence in this place and are ready to learn from your posts. In particular, I am sitting for an important exam in March. One the exam modules is English. In that module, the majority of questions are either directly or indirectly related to vocabulary. I am terrible at memorizing new words. I forget them easily. Many years ago, I studied '504 Absolutely Essential Words', which is a famous book when it comes to practising vocabulary. However, as a nice English proverb says 'you lose it if you don't use it'; I lost what I learned. I am working on that book again. Right now, it is open on the desk. :lol: Any advice on making the range of vocabulary large, and most importantly, keeping them in mind? You may say, "well, use them!", but how? They are some strange words. Even native English speakers don't use them in their everyday conversations! :lol:

By the way, would you mind introducing yourself?

All the best,
Behnam, 3 February, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby Mohsen » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:58 am

Hi Nana,

Thank you very much for encouraging me , yes I have healthy body and good friends , so I am sure that I will have a promising future ,it is not a compliment ,it is a fact that when we have a healthy body ,decent family and good friends we have happiness and well-fare.
My criticism was against lack of time for living , because I think that working is the vain time that doesn't count a life.
Happy new year to you , I know that from 2/2/2013 the China in holiday for two weeks. Hope you enjoy your holiday.
Dear Nana , how much is the price of gold in China ? In Iran it is a custom that when the couple want to marry , bridegroom should buy a set gold for the groom. At present it is a big problem for the young people who want to marry . do you have such a custom in China?
Good Luck,
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby Mohsen » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:05 am

Hi Neringa and grincas ,

Hi and welcome to this forum , It is a good idea to improve your English , in fact all people in this forum have the similar goal , We can extend our abilities in English writing skills by writing to each other .

Many people prefer to write about culture and their own country . My country is I R of Iran with 75000000 population , We are speaking Farsi ( Persian) , the people of Iran are Muslim , Iran history return 2500 years ago and we have a lot of historical places which attract many tourists from all over the world to visit there.

Iran is also rich in oil and Gas , there are many oil well in south and south west of Iran ,also there are many oil rigs in Persian Gulf which are belong to Iran.
Please write about yourself and your country.

B.W
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Postby behnam » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:12 am

Hi Grincas,

WELCOME to this thread! Thank you for joining us. I am sure, we will help each other learn many things. I believe, Learning English is one of the benefits of this community. I've learned many many things from my friends. In my opinion, every person is a book. If we read them, we will learn some interesting things from them. The most important matter is reading(=making friendship and keeping it). I am not boasting, but I can claim that I am good at keeping friendship. :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 3 February, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby [amal] » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:11 am

Hi Grincas, Neringa and Trinti,

How are you?

Welcome to this thread!

It's so nice to meet new friends from different countries. Please write more about your traditions and customs.

Dear Mohsen had written about his country "Iran" so I am going to write about mine "Syria"...

Syria is a country in Western Asia covers an area of 185,180 km2. Syria's neighboring countries are Turkey, Iraq, Jordan, Palestine and Lebanon. It consists of 14 provinces and the capital is Damascus which is the oldest continuously inhabited city in the world.

Syria has a traditional society with a long cultural history. Importance is placed on family, religion, education and self-discipline and respect. The Syrians are very kind, peaceful and helpful people. In Syria there was the first alphabet by The Phoenicians which discovered in Ugarit (modern Ras-Shamra)..

the climate in Syria is mild and the nature is wonderful. there are a lot of different magical places. For example, the northwest part is bordering the Mediterranean and it's full of green areas and mountains, in the northeast of the country you can enjoy the beauty of the desert. On the other hand, there are a lot of famous historical places which Tourists from all over the world come to see.
I really recommend you to visit Syria because it's one of the wonderful places in the world.

*All the love to our country, proud to be Syrian.

Best wishes,
Amal
[amal]
Gold Member

Postby nanachen » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:59 pm

Dear Mohsen,

Thank you for reply.Yes,we will have a Chinese New Year holiday which is a important festival for all of chinese.Many people who work in the other place will come back their country in any case .As a result,there are many many people in the train ,in the air,in the bus.This is a migrate which is called "spring move".I have only a week not two weeks.It is from Feb 9 to Feb 15.

As you talk about the gold problem,there is a different custom in China.In the south of China,especially in Guangdong and Hongkongk,bridegroom only buy a gold or PT ring for the groom.The bridegroom's mother will buy a gold bracelet ,a gold necklace and a gold ring for the groom.What is the custom in Iran?

Best regards

Nana
nanachen
Silver Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion