EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Mohsen » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:13 pm

Hi Amal,

Thanks for sharing the story , The story of Moses and Shaban ( shepherded) is a famous story in Iran. It was composed in the form of poem by Iranian famous poet Maulana Jalaal ul Din
He wrote this beautiful poem in his famous book ,Masnavi

The story says that one day Musa passing through a way ,hearing a shepherd is saying, oh God if you were here I would comb your hair, take your nits out, bathe you, wash your dirty clothes, massage you, give you milk to drink etc. Upon hearing this Musa (as) reprimands this man and tells him that he has blasphemed as he is likening God to the creation and God is pure of all that he is ascribing to God, it is profane, sacrilegious, the shepherd becomes upset and runs into the dessert.
Musa is then reprimanded by God, God says to him, I have sent you to unite not to disunite, I have sent you into the world to bring people to me, to bridge people with me, but not to take my lovers away from me. And that's exactly what you have done. That man is one of the MOST intimate to me. what the shepherd was saying about me was acceptable as he was saying it out of love and sincerity, that is how he thinks of me. If you do not go and apologies to him, Go back! Apologize, I will no longer talk to you.
Musa (as) then searches for the shepherd and tells him that he was right and I was wrong, the shepherds blasphemy was belief and Musa (as) was mistaken all the way.
Amal these are the illusion of Sufism, they have lost the right track, the have isolated from the world ,while the Islam is a social religion and a person should active and follow what God messenger taught us.

All the best
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby Mohsen » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:14 pm

Dear Behnam,

Thanks for your writing , I am happy to see that you are enjoying your life . You have engaged in many activities , and you haven't enough time to scratch your head ,let alone writing here , but you always are kind to your friend and write as much as you can, thanks.
I am not busy , but you know that new year is coming and many orders from house manager is on the way , This Friday I uninstalled the curtains ,washing them ,then I fixed them behind windows and doors, the plan for the next Friday is to remove dust from all over the house , oh my God , I feel the backache ,may God have mercy on me.
The story of invisibility is very exciting , If the thief wearing dresses made of Metamaterials, How he is invisible , Is it because of our eyes error ?

All the best,
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby Mohsen » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:01 pm

Hallelujah

I make a dent by shovel and put slips geranium of in a row ,the vase of petunia ,pansy ,wallflower are putting on the stair case , Spring returns again, as it does every time, may God breathes a story into our frozen minds and the mental, emotional, or physical prison doors fly open, and we’re FREE!
Mohsen
Gold Member

Postby Mohsen » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:03 pm

Come, come whoever you are!
Wanderer, worshipper, lover of leaving.
It doesn't matter.
Ours is not a caravan
of despair.
Come,
come even if you have
broken your vows
a thousand times.
Come,
come yet again,
come!
Mohsen
Gold Member

Too Busy!

Postby behnam » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:40 am

Hi Mohsen and others,

How life is going? I hope all is going well with you. These days I am too busy to write. I am studying hard. Right now, I am here to download some books from the Internet. You may know that http://WWW.bookza.org and http://WWW.bookfi.org are two famous sites to download books. I often go there to download my favourite books.

For doing a PhD, that's essentially important to professionally use the English language. It really helps. {-;

Dear Mohsen, thieves wear dresses made of metamaterials will be invisible. It is not because of optical illusion or something similar; it is the effect of metamaterials. An airplane made of metamaterials won't be visible in the sky! We will look at it, but we will see the things at the rear through it, as if it is totally transparent.

All the best,
Behnam, 10 March, 2014
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Colour!

Postby behnam » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:27 pm

Hi friends,

Have you ever thought about the variety of colours in nature? What is the physics behind it? Think about it, the answer isn't easy. Human just can detect a small region of electromagnetic waves by his eyes; the wavelengths between Ultraviolet and Red. How can we see? What makes colours?

What is light? Light is, maybe, one of the most fascinating and mysterious thing(what should I call it? Thing? Stuff? Subject?..) in the world. Actually, we don't see it, we detect it by detectors! Our eyes are sensitive detectors. They are sensitive to the optical spectrum of electromagnetic waves such as blue, green, yellow, red, etc. We don't see the colours. We detect them!

How do we detect electromagnetic waves? We detect the interactions of light with the matters! Yes, the interaction of light with atoms and molecules produce different colours? How do they interact with each other? This is a delicate challenging matter.

Male peacocks have beautiful feathers; right? What is the reason? Butterflies have beautiful wings, yes? What is the reason? Why don't you think, at least to satisfy your own curiosity? Aren't you curious about the physical phenomena around yourselves? Maybe no, because you may prefer money to knowledge! Yes, this is true for the majority of people in the world.

All the best,
Behnam, 11 March, 2014
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Happy New Year!

Postby behnam » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:27 pm

Hi,

As you may know, 21st of March is the first day of our New Year. I would like to say 'Happy New Year' to all people who celebrate it as the beginning of the year, particularly, my Iranian friends. Needless to say that the first day of spring is celebrated in some countries such as Iran, Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan, etc. These countries and some others(from India to Niel) were called Iran. Therefore the ancient Iran has been a large country. How was it governed? I don't know! :lol:

Oh, I am not going to give a lecture on the history of Iran. I don't bother! I just wanted to take this opportunity and say 'Happy New Year'! I hope 1393 will bring you more success, happiness and prosperity.

All the best,
Behnam, 19 March, 2014
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby Mohsen » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:17 pm

I waiting for 3 days to find a good SMS for New year,finally receiving 30 SMS from friends ,I send my answer to all of them , In the parties people shared their SMS to each other , it is important for everybody to send his/her new year message ,but the best one , people are sinking in the world of poem ,and funny words which is written for new year occasion , For example, behave with others' pistachio the same as yours, laughing, some behavior for making laugh ,in the party I eat the pistachio and put the pistachio shell in my wife 's plate, makes her angry , laughing… also it is interesting that everybody wear new dress and clothes , my brother asked me what is your idea about my new suit .looked at it carefully ,thinking a second ,shaking my head I said , it seems to be second hand ,that made him angry ,laughing… speaking about people who are single and why they have not married and ,why people who have got married ,don't have child , that is usual between some ladies, nosy.. Some people are sensitive ,woe is to these people ,they become nervous.

Dear friends,

Wishing you all a happy, healthy prosperous New Year, I hope all of your dreams come true in 1393, This year brings us the blessing because it started with the name of Fatima (AS) the prophet Mohammad's daughter

All the best,
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Too much gap!

Postby behnam » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:17 am

Hi Mohsen,

Happy New Year to you and to your family. How are you? I hope everything is fine.

Your post motivates me to write something about loneliness that is the main problem of human in 21st century. According to some experts, loneliness is threatening human's life in this century. Many things are involved in loneliness, but it is actually one of the bitter fruits of materialist philosophy.

As you have written, as I have noticed to repetitive messages on my mobile phone, these days people wait for a message to receive from someone, then to forward it to others! Not only don't they physically spend time with each other, but also they don't spend some time thinking about each other; at least by writing a message, creating a message by using their own words!

We go to visit friends or relatives. Well, everybody has had something to do before our visit. For example, the boy of the family, perhaps, had been playing computer game, the girl of the family, maybe, had been chatting etc. so they cannot stand us even for some minutes. They don't like our presence there, although they share some words with us to show that they are good hosts, their eyes yelling at us; "you are disturbing us and we don't like your presence. We wish you left here as soon as possible!"

Old members of the families don't know how to use modern devices such as advanced mobile phones and computers. Therefore, traditionally, they have to sit around for a while, but they have nothing to share with each other! Most of the time, they gossip about others or they complain about the gossips which they have been received from others, somehow relevant to the hosts! For example the woman of the family says, "You have said something about me to such-and such-person, that's not true. Your words have made me sad for some days!". At least, this woman is a frank person and opens her heart! The majority of people are two-faced! They don't reveal their true thoughts!

The men of the family share some words about the financial problems or politics; depends on the taste of families, and eat something to kill time!

These days, the situation is very much similar to the story of Sheikh Saadi in Golestan which is about putting a crow and a nightingale into a cage! Both were nagging each other! The crow keeps saying; "How unlucky I am. What a bad situation I am in! Nothing could be worse than this!" On the other hand, the nightingale is saying the similar words! They cannot tolerate each other!

I am not saying that some people are crows and some others are like nightingales. However, the situation that we are in is like the cage! We cannot tolerate each other!

Our words prove that we, as the creator of those words, had been thinking about you, the receiver, while we were writing them. However, people even don't spend some time on writing their own words as short messages to send to others.

All of us know these things in our lives. We are all familiar with these things, because we experience it, as guest or host, in different particular situations. What is the reason? What has happened?

Something strange has happened. New generations are different from old generations! To be different is normal. Nothing is wrong with that, but in what aspects they are different? How much gap, and in which aspect is acceptable? Humans are different from animals, but is it normal to have such a cultural and social evolution between two generations? To what extent the difference between two generations is normal or acceptable? Let me give you an example. Suppose you want to connect two different objects into each other by heating them(imagine metal-to-glass sealing which is widely used in lamps). They have different thermal expansion coefficients. To what extent this difference allows them to have constructive and compatible connection? If we want to connect two different objects, to seal between them by heating, the difference between their thermal expansion coefficients must be less than 10(order -6)1/c, otherwise the stresses and strains don't let them keep sealing!

The existence of gulf between two generations is OK, but the difference must be bridgeable, otherwise human beings cannot tolerate each other(=destructive connection)!

Satellite TVs which are responsible to destroy all traditional cultures and then to westernize all nations are one of the main reasons. The dominant materialist philosophy is another reason. This philosophy says; "Enjoy your life as much as possible. This life is given to you once, you haven't got another chance, so live as you wish!" =Individualistic!

I have to leave quickly. Thank you for reading. I don't have time to correct the mistakes. So sorry.

All the best,
Behnam, 25 March, 2014
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Happy 13 bedar!

Postby behnam » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:50 am

Hi,

Happy 13 Bedar to all Iranian friends. Happy grass-tying day! Hahahaha..I hope all your dreams come true in 1393!

All the best,
Behnam, 2 April, 2014
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion