Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Let's learn together!

Post by behnam »

Hi Oriani,

Thank you for your post and spending your precious time on reading and writing in this thread. That's very kind of you.

I wonder why do you copy and paste a long post completely and just write a short sentence at the bottom?. I think it is better to copy and past a short sentence from a post and write a long post at the bottom. :lol: :lol: :lol: How do you think? This is just to let you know that I really love reading your long posts. Please put aside posted articles and put into words something about yourself, your country, your job, your likes and dislikes, your hobbies, your experience, etc.

I hope to hear from you soon.

All the best,
Behnam, 30 September, 2012

behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Mortaza,

It was very nice reading about you and your family. Thank you very much for writing about your cute daughter. Oh my God! She is old enough to go to kindergarten. It was, as if, a few days ago you said you had a baby daughter!

That's a good for children to spend some time in a nursery school, before starting primary school. They learn a lot of things. Some kindergartens have good teachers and interesting programs. As well as entertaining children, they teach them useful things. Plus, children can make friends and learn how to socialize with others.

On the other hand, your wife will have enough time to work or to care more about you. Cooking delicious food, ironing, washing and cleaning on time, etc. You know, she will have less excuses to ignore your rights as a husband. Hehehehe... :lol: :lol: :lol: You deserve a pat on the back Mortaza, bravo wise man. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am very much looking forward to hearing from you as soon as you can!

All the best,
Behnam, 30 September, 2012

Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghshejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Post by Mohsen »

Dear Morteza,

It is my pleasure to meet your post here. I hope you are doing well and enjoy your life in Semnan.

I am here beside Behnam and other friends since I like them and enjoy being among them. This forum also makes me active in English language ,keeping what I have learned about English language in my mind ,and learn to write new sentences and words. This is a bridge to English language world.

I spend my spare times by reading books, going picnic , swimming , watching movies,internet and following news.
What I get from the news ,particularly the trick news of BBC last night is that our enemies has started an economical war, Iran is being forced to submit to their illegal orders.

I remember that you were following swimming. Do you still continue your exercise . Last night I went to swimming pool by bicycle , it was very cold ,so on the way back to home I was trembling. To prevent of catching cold I went under the quilt to nail it down when I sleep.

Prevention is always better than cure.

All the best,
Mohsen
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghshejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Post by Mohsen »

Dear Nana,

Both of dealer and retailer are responsible and answerable to law. Being unawareness doesn't exonerate a person form being guilty.

Some people receive the punishment belonging to others.

All the best
Mohsen
mortaza

Post by mortaza »

Dear Nana

Thank you so much for your message to me and thank you for giving me the address of that website. Right after I read your post I visited that webiste and tried to download the files. However, I was not successful in getting them. I think the host responses a little slow. In addition, my Internet speed is not very satisfactory these days!

Dear Nana! Tell me more about yourself! Are a male or a female? How old are you? What do you do (as a worker)?

Thank you for reading.

All the best,
Mortaza
mortaza

Post by mortaza »

Dear Oriani,

Thanks for your post to me. Would you please first introduce yourself to me? Where do you come form? What do you do? etc.

Regards,
Mortaza
mortaza

Post by mortaza »

Hi Behnam,

How are you my friend?

Yes! the time is passing very fast! Our time is very short! It goes as fast as melting an ice in a summer day! As you said, it was, as if, yesterday that my first child was born. Now he is 8 years old.

We are living in a small city, because of my job. People in this city suffer from lack of facilities in many aspects: education, health, etc. The atmospher in that kindergarten is not as we expect. Sometimes you can hear a child crying, calling his/her mom! There are lots of parents that put their children in the nursery school just becasue they are both employed. Some children are very young! Two years old for example. They are not ready to be away from their parents for a long time. My wife says that these parents must be very cruel that they leave their little children for many hours.

Today, I did not accompany my wife and my daughter when they went to the kindergarten. My wife says that today Negar was not as haapy as she was yesterday! It makes us uncertian about putting her in the kindergarten. I think we would try for one or two more days and then we would come to decision if it is useful, in summary, to put our daughtr in the kindergarten.

I hope to hear from you soon.

All the best,

Mortaza
mortaza

Post by mortaza »

Hi Mohsen,

How are you my good friend? I am very glad that I have still the opportunity to read your beautiful writings and to write to you. Your writings are very rich in vocabulary and sometimes I have difficulties to understand them completely. I learn a lot from them.

I love biking. But, since I do not have a bike, I can't enjoy it! I want to buy one in the next summer. I prefer to go to work by bike, but I am pretty sure that it will seem unusual to the students. They may think that I am a poor person that I cannot afford buying a car.

As you said, I love swimming and running. In the summer time I try to keep a regular program for running and swimming. In the winter time I just go swimming. I know how to swim and this is why I enjoy it a lot. Lots of people come to swimming pool and spend must of their time by talking and chatting. They sit or stand on the edge of the swimming pool and talk and laugh, etc. I try to keep swimming for 45 to 50 minutes continuously.

I hope to hear from you very soon.

All the best,

Mortaza
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Ok, dear all.

My real name is Oriana from Venezuela but my former college classmates named me Oriani. So, when I decided to join to EC in 2005, I selected "Oriani" as a username and actually people started calling me like that.When I first came to EC , I was 18 years old and I was barely an English teacher trainee. I didn't come by chance; my professors asked us to join to the website to make friends and exchange experiences regarding to the English learning/teaching process. Oh and as you can see, I am Miss EC 2007 and I got a prize for it: a nice EC sweater =)

I have made good friends from here. In fact, I have exchanged presents from each country we are from. Nice. I would like to do that again. I haven't received any gift since 2008, I think =(
I also have a MyEnglishClub page in case you want to visit my EC blogs and photos http://my.englishclub.com/profile/Oriani

On the other hand, I am a teacher of English here in my country and I have been graduated for two years. I work at a Military college and I am willing to get a new job as an English teacher in high school. Also, I am a musician: I play the Violin and I sing.

About Venezuela: Well, I have posted many many threads about Venezuela here on The Latin forum. If you ever have time to take a look at it, I invite you to visit it =), but as for now, what I can tell you is that I am proud of my country , which is located at the Southern part of the American continent. Yes, I am an American but from the south ( not only the US citizens are the American ones).

About my personal life: I'm single. Yes. I used to be in a 4-year-relationship but we broke up. It didn't work out anymore. Now? I am in love with someone else that I actually met here on EC in 2005 but it is an impossible love and honestly I wouldn't like to talk about that anymore because it is really painful for me now. ( I do not have any babies yet, not boyfriend/husband ...)

What do I like? Life, animals, food, travelling, teaching, learning languages, music and genuine people. What don't I? Fake people and politics.

What else can I say?
Best regards.
[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by [amal] »

Hi Mortaza,

How are you and how are your wife and children?

Welcome to this thread! It's nice to rejoin an old member to Let's learn together. I hope all the members regather here again and rebuild that warm atmosphere.. How great that would be!!! :-D

Unfortunately, I wasn't lucky enough to be with you in the first Let's learn together. However, I saw all what happened and how and who caused to close it. That was a big loss for all of us obviously. :(

Dear, you may don't know me so let me introduce myself to you. I am Amal, female. 23 years old from Damascus-Syria.

I read all your posts here and I knew that your daughter is going to the kindergarten. I hope she enjoy her time there. However, I think that she is still too young for that. In fact, I think that the best age for sending kids to the kindergarten is 5 years old cause they become able to leave their mothers and make new relationship with others. On the other hand, kids at this age catch a lot of diseases easily so it's better to keep them save in home...

For me, I love 3 or 4 years kids so if I was a mother, I would like to spend and not waste every minute with my children cause at this age they become very funny, lovely and naughty. :-D

Anyway, wish you a happy life.

Take care,
Bye bye
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Hi dear Oriani,

I'm writing this post just to let you know I really really really enjoyed reading your last post. I enjoyed your English and reading each line encourged me to continue through the next lines. :-)
After having a stressful busy day, it was such a nice rest to read your post, I don't know why!!! :-D

How can some one become a Miss Englishclub?!!! I'd love to too! {-;

I'm very intrested in your writings. Hope to hear more and more from you.

All the best,
Elham
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi to all people who visit this thread,

Thank you very much for following this thread; reading or writing. Your visit supports and encourages us to continue writing on this site.

As you may know, a nice person has conducted an opinion poll; asking people idea about introducing someone who is good at chatting. This is the link:

http://my.englishclub.com/forum/topics/ ... t-chatting

Please kindly visit that link and vote. Thank you very much for participating in polling.

All the best,
Behnam, 1 October, 2012

Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

behnam wrote:Hi to all people who visit this thread,

Thank you very much for following this thread; reading or writing. Your visit supports and encourages us to continue writing on this site.

As you may know, a nice person has conducted an opinion poll; asking people idea about introducing someone who is good at chatting. This is the link:

http://my.englishclub.com/forum/topics/ ... t-chatting

Please kindly visit that link and vote. Thank you very much for participating in polling.

All the best,
Behnam, 1 October, 2012
I know. I'm also on MyEC pages. I've got my profile there, too.

mortaza

Post by mortaza »

Dear Amal,

Thank you very much for your kind and friendly post to me! Of course, I do remember you from last time I was a member of "Let's learn together" community! In fact, I know that we have written to each other for some times.

Dear Amal! You are from Syria. These days we hear a lot from your country! What happen in Syria are the headlines for almost all news session in media. We are very sad ans upset of what happens to the people of Syria. I hope peace and harmony come back to Syria very soon. If you don't mind, please write about the situation in your country. You know, we cannot trust the media completely.

Today, for the third time, my wife, Maryam, took our daughter, Negar, to the kindergarten. She says that today Negar was more comfortable and she was more interested in exploring the environment of the kindergarten. She [Negar] spent more time playing with toys and communicating with other children. So, it is more likely that we will register her in the kindergarten.

Thank you for reading. I am looking forward to hear from you soon.

All the best,

Mortaza
mortaza

My writing for an English Class

Post by mortaza »

Dear all,

This semester, my wife and I both registered in an English writing class. We are now classmates! One reason that I registered in the class, beside learning English, is that I want to spend more time with my wife doing useful activities. Here is my first writing that I am going to present to the teacher as my homework:

Topic: It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance, for sports or music, and other are not. However, it is sometimes claimed that any child can be toughed to become a good sportpesron or musician.

In my opinion, the whole idea in previous paragraph is correct. It is apparent that people have different abilities and talents. It may very well happen that two children in the same family have significant differences. Even for new born babies, these differences are noticeable. The interests differs from one person to another. It causes that each person pursues his/her own way in life and tries to reach his/her own goals.

For example, I, as an individual, love swimming while I don't like football. On the other hand, my friend is in love with football but he does not like swimming very much. The result is that I am a good swimmer now but cannot play football, and he plays football like professionals but he is not able to swim.

But, because you are not being talented to do something or you are not interested in doing an activity does not mean that you will not be able to do it. I think, to becom master in doing some activity, it is just needed practice, hard working and being patient. For example, we all saw many people with various disabilities that are successful in their life. Recently, in Olympics games, I saw a photo of an athletic with no hands and no legs that was competing in swimming!

Being successful does not depend completely in god given talents. What is common among all people is the ability to work hard and practice. So, considering all these factors, I think that all people have equal opportunity in their life to be evolved and flourished.

Thanks for reading.

All the best,

Mortaza
October 2, 2012
[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by [amal] »

Hi Mortaza,

How are you?

Thanks dear for your reply and thank for your wishes for Syrians, I really appreciate it!

When I was a kid,I was always wounder why my country wasn't known on the TV channels, why no one name it in programs, Tv shows and even in news. I wondered even if the world really knows where Syria located on the map.. This wonders really made me disappointed.

However, now, all the world not only the TV channels knows us and speaks about us but I am not Satisfied!!! I really wish we still unknown and the life back as the past when we were happy, safe and love each other...

Dear, I don't know what to tell you about the situation here.. But I can tell you that our enemies are watching us happily, they want us to fight each other under the name of freedom and forget them. They keep trying to support the insurgents and give them weapons to kill as many innocent people as it's possible. I don't know how much time this will last but I hope it ends very very soon.

In the end, I am really happy to hear that you registered in an English writing class, good for you and your wife, she must be a lucky wife to have you beside her!
Your paragraph is really good, I enjoyed reading it, please keep sharing us whatever you write there. That would be very useful for us too.

Good luck.
Amal
[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by [amal] »

Hi Oriani,

How are you?

Yesterday I visited your page in this site and saw your videos.. Wow dear, you have a nice voice! I didn't know that you are good in singing!!!

How did you learn to sing in this way? Do you take any classes?! And what kind of music do you prefer?

I prefer classical music and my favorite singer is Amr Diab, he is an Arab famous star, do you know him?

Have a nice day,

Amal
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

[amal] wrote:Hi Oriani,

How are you?

Yesterday I visited your page in this site and saw your videos.. Wow dear, you have a nice voice! I didn't know that you are good in singing!!!

How did you learn to sing in this way? Do you take any classes?! And what kind of music do you prefer?

I prefer classical music and my favorite singer is Amr Diab, he is an Arab famous star, do you know him?

Have a nice day,

Amal
Hi there.
Thanks for visiting my page.
Yes, that's me signing. I started singing when I was a little girl. Actually, I began to sing and participate at singing events and I used to get a lot of prices. On the other hand, I am a Violinist, so I do love classical music.

Oh, sorry. I am afraid I do not know who Amr Diab is.
Greetings.
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Mortaza,

I hope you are fine and doing well. Mortaza my vocabulary is not enough rich because I can’t use many words in speaking . When I read an English text, I understand the meaning of many words ,and at the same time I am able use it in my writing, but I forget these words when I close the text ,or one day later. For example I read the word of plummet in a text today ,it means , something falls very quickly, the text was about the rate of currency which decreased quickly, it is a new word for me and It is evident that English language is not used in my everyday communication and I should not be expected to use different English words in my speaking and chatting, especially the less frequent used words.
Writing in Forums help us to make our English knowledge active and keep in mind what we have learned till now. It is a good way to use difficult and new words, difficult words.
I like biking, and I use bicycle for my routine transportation in the city. My critic to Isfahan mayor is that why he doesn’t order for prohibition of car traffic in central streets ,at least for few days per week. It the best means for people transportation.

You can use it in university , don’t mind what student say. You can start using it one day in a week ,as you and your students get use to it ,increase it.

Best Wishes,
Mohsen
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Mortaza,

How are you, These days I fall to sleep more than before ,it is the influence of season and cool weather , I read my last post to you, I couldn’t understand it , When I was writing my last post , I was drowsy, sorry, I decided to correct it

I hope you are fine and doing well. Mortaza my vocabulary is not enough rich to use many words in speaking . When I read an English text, I understand the meaning of many words , at the same time I am able to use it in my writing, but I forget these words when I close the text ,or one day later. For example I read the word of plummet in a text today ,it means , something falls very quickly, the text was about the rate of currency which decreased quickly, it is a new word for me and It is evident that I should not be expected to use different English words in my speaking because English language is not used in my everyday communication and chatting, especially the less frequent used words.

Writing in Forums help us to make our English knowledge active and keep in mind what we have learned till now. It is a good way to use difficult and new words.

I like biking, and I use bicycle for my routine transportation in the city. My critic to Isfahan mayor is that why he doesn’t order for prohibition of car traffic in central streets ,at least for few days per week. It the best means for people transportation.

You can use bicycle in university, don’t mind what student say. You can start using it one day in a week , when your students get use to it ,use It everyday.

Best Wishes,
Mohsen
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

10 Principles for Peace of Mind

Post by behnam »

(Part One)

1. Do Not Interfere In Others’ Business Unless Asked:

Most of us create our own problems by interfering too often in others’ affairs. We do so because somehow we have convinced ourselves that our way is the best way, our logic is the perfect logic and those who do not conform to our thinking must be criticized and steered to the right direction, our direction. This thinking denies the existence of individuality and consequently the existence of God.. God has created each one of us in a unique way. No two human beings can think or act inexactly the same way. All men or women act the way they do because God within them prompts them that way. Mind your own business and you will keep your peace.

2. Forgive And Forget:

This is the most powerful aid to peace of mind. We often develop ill feelings inside our heart for the person who insults us or harms us. We nurture grievances. This in turn results in loss of sleep, development of stomach ulcers, and high blood pressure. This insult or injury was done once, but nourishing of grievance goes on forever by constantly remembering it. Get over this bad habit. Life is too short to waste in such trifles. Forgive & Forget, and march on. Love flourishes in giving and forgiving.

3. Do Not Crave For Recognition:

This world is full of selfish people. They seldom praise anybody without selfish motives. They may praise you today because you are in power, but no sooner than you are powerless, they will forget your achievement and will start finding faults in you. Why do you wish to kill yours if in striving for their recognition? Their recognition is not worth the aggravation. Do your duties ethically and sincerely.

4. Do Not Be Jealous:

We all have experienced how jealousy can disturb our peace of mind. You know that you work harder than your colleagues in the office, but sometimes they get promotions; you do not. You started a business several years ago, but you are not as successful as your neighbor whose business is only one year old. There are several examples like these in everyday life. Should you be jealous? No. Remember everybody’s life is shaped by his/her destiny, which has now become his/her reality. If you are destined to be rich, nothing in the world can stop you. If you are not so destined, no one can help you either. Nothing will be gained by blaming others for your misfortune. Jealousy will not get you anywhere; it will only take away your peace of mind.

All the best,
Behnam, 6 October, 2012

behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

10 Principles for Peace of Mind

Post by behnam »

(Part Two)

5. Change Yourself According To The Environment:

If you try to change the environment single-handedly, the chances are you will fail. Instead, change yourself to suit your environment. As you do this, even the environment, which has been unfriendly to you, will mysteriously change and seem congenial and harmonious.

6. Endure What Cannot Be Cured:

This is the best way to turn a disadvantage into an advantage. Every day we face numerous inconveniences, ailments, irritations, and accidents that are beyond our control. If we cannot control them or change them, we must learn to put up with these things. We must learn to endure them cheerfully. Believe in yourself and you will gain in terms of patience, inner strength and will power.

7. Do Not Bite Off More Than You Can Chew:

This maxim needs to be remembered constantly. We often tend to take more responsibilities than we are capable of carrying out. This is done to satisfy our ego. Know your limitations. . Why take on additional loads that may create more worries? You cannot gain peace of mind by expanding your external activities. Reduce your material engagements and spend time in prayer, introspection and meditation. This will reduce those thoughts in your mind that make you restless. Uncluttered mind will produce greater peace of mind.

8. Meditate Regularly:

Meditation calms the mind and gets rid of disturbing thoughts. This is the highest state of peace of mind. Try and experience it yourself. If you meditate earnestly for half an hour every day, your mind will tend to become peaceful during the remaining twenty-three and half-hours. Your mind will not be easily disturbed as it was before. You would benefit by gradually increasing the period of daily meditation. You may think that this will interfere with your daily work. On the contrary, this will increase your efficiency and you will be able to produce better results in less time.

9. Never Leave The Mind Vacant:

An empty mind is the devil’s workshop. All evil actions start in the vacant mind. Keep your mind occupied in something positive, something worthwhile. Actively follow a hobby. Do something that holds your interest. You must decide what you value more: money or peace of mind. Your hobby, like social work or religious work, may not always earn you more money, but you will have a sense of fulfillment and achievement. Even when you are resting physically, occupy yourself in healthy reading or chanting of God’s name.

10. Do Not Procrastinate And Never Regret:

Do not waste time in protracted wondering "Should I or shouldn't I?" Days, weeks, months, and years may be wasted in that futile mental debating. You can never plan enough because you can never anticipate all future happenings. Value your time and do the things that need to be done. It does not matter if you fail the first time. You can learn from your mistakes and succeed the next time. Sitting back and worrying will lead to nothing. Learn from your mistakes, but do not brood over the past. DO NOT REGRET. Whatever happened was destined to happen only that way. Why cry over split milk?

**************************************************************************************
(Extracted from the Internet)

Thank you for reading.

All the best,
Behnam, 6 October, 2012

Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Dear Oriani,

I'm afraid you havn't noticed my post to you and my question!

Would you please let me know how can one become a Miss Englishclub?

I'm waiting for your reply.

All the best,
Elham
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Elham wrote:Dear Oriani,

I'm afraid you havn't noticed my post to you and my question!

Would you please let me know how can one become a Miss Englishclub?

I'm waiting for your reply.

All the best,
Elham
Oh dear, sorry.
Yes. I can tell you. The point is that I became MissEC for fun and that happened 5 years ago with different people and we used to have a different environment here on EC. That does not exist anymore, dear.
Sorry.

Best wishes.
mortaza

My essay for my English class

Post by mortaza »

Dear all,

As I said before, my wife and I are attending an English writing class together. The teacher wanted us to write about advantageous and disadvantageous of mixed and separated schools. I would like to share my writing with you here.

Advantageous and Disadvantageous of Separated and Mixed Schools.

There are certainly societies in which the schools are separated, and there exist, of course, a lot of countries that boys and girls attend mixed schools. How would students take benefit form mixed schools? What kind of abilities and talents are there that would not be activated in the presence of the opposite sex?

Human beings have social life in nature. To have a happy life, every individual (male or female) needs to communicate and interact with other people. This, in turn, involves that he/she knows actually how to behave among others especially with the opposite sex; after all, half of the society consists of people with opposite sex. Now, when and where a person should learn how to work and cooperate with others? With no doubt, school plays a crucial role. If the schools are separated, from the beginning level to the top level, then the students missed the opportunity to learn about the opposite sex and it may causes a lot of issues! For example, in Iran schools are separated. When a student finishes his/her school and enters a university, he/she suddenly faces a totally different environment. The presence of the opposite sex makes many students to fail to act normally in the class and to present themselves as they expect to.

On the other hand, students are in their teenage period while going to high school. Teenagers are very vulnerable and sensitive. They pay attention too much to the opposite sex. They may, even, fall in love with their classmates if they are in a mixed school. So, in the case of mixed schools, parents and teachers must be very careful. They should help the students to avoid such harmful situations.

In conclusion, I think, if parents and teachers, and consequently children, are educated and cultured enough so that they can handle and manage the relationship between boys and girls in a healthy way, then it is much better for students to attend mixed schools and learn how to work and cooperate with each other. I strongly believe that, in mixed schools, student can learn also how to be good parents in their future life.

All the best

Mortaza
October 7, 2012
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Dear Behnam,

I was thinking to find an answer for a question which was made in my mind that why in English we have two names for a season, Fall and Autumn and why there is no name for other seasons and finally I came up with the result that when the summer finishes the activities of people will be finished either, I mean the farmers who live in old times , so there is nothing to do and It was a time to be fallen in love and pass the cold winter in a warm beds :-D . So they called this season fall. I didn't find any other reason for it , what is your idea?

About your last post ,I read it twice and what I got from the writer's idea is that in general his/her thought derives from the idea which say if someone slaps me in one side my face , I have no reaction ,but say thank you and ask him to slap me in another side of my face.

I saw an old man was sleeping in bus station yesterday, I went toward him to see if he is dead or alive , I shook him by my hand ,he opened his eye. I said " do you want to call for ambulance ?" his answer was not positive, He told me that he was tired and needed to rest for some minutes.

All the best
Mohsen
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Dear Mortaza,

Thank you for sharing you writing for us. You have written it without mistakes, just in the first line change the certainly to certain, this is my point.

I have my idea about school system, If we want to assess a system , we should see what is the output and the result. Considering the output of science and education in separated schools like Iran , we see the high ranking of Iran students in different science Olympic competitions.
Considering the social behaviours in co-educational schools and separated schools ,we should study the societies . What has happen for the core of families in societies? What is the reason of homosexuality growth in some societies? In some countries many couple live together for years without official marriage, even they may have child and then they will be separated ,What is the effect of having so many orphans in future of a country.
As you see if we change a basic system in a society , we deal with many other problems in future.

B.Wishes,
Mohsen
mortaza

Post by mortaza »

Dear Mohsen and Amal,

How are you my friends? How it is going? I hope everything is OK.

Today, I would like to write to you about a special topic that I found it in one of your previous writings commonly. Before saying what I am going to write about, let me quote a few sentence from your writings:
  • Mohsen wrote in his writing:
    …What I get from the news ,particularly the trick news of BBC last night is that our enemies has started an economical war, Iran is being forced to submit to their illegal orders…

• Amal wrote in her writing:
    … But I can tell you that our enemies are watching us happily, they want us to fight each other under the name of freedom and forget them…

As you may agree with me, these two quotations read about the same thing. Iran and Syria are threatened by some enemies from outside. First of all, I should emphasize that I do not want to start a political discussion, and I hope this would be clear from my writing when you finish reading it.

We are living in the kind of countries that are well-known as developing countries. Almost all developing countries are struggling with variety of problems most of which concerns with economy and politics. Iran and Syria have some problems in common and, of course, some problems of their own.

To solve the problems, we need to find the source of the problems; we must know what causes these problems. As far as I see, the media in Iran try to track the cause of our problems outside the country, and I can guess that the same thing is happening in Syria. Am I right Amal?

Sure! there are many problems that have been created by foreigners! But, I believe that hands from outside can cause trouble to us only if they find inside conditions suitable for interference. Therefore, we must be very careful of what we do to ourselves and how treat each other. A wise nation can hardly be manipulated by its enemies.

Let me here tell you a story of our prophet that I am sure you know about it already. I hope I am able to convey the moral of the story;

• One day, our prophet saw a group of his warriors coming back from a battle. He told them that they were just coming back from the "least war," and they were about to face the "great war." "What is the great war?", they asked. And he replied that the great war for each person is the war against his/her inside enemy.

Dear friends! I thing the inside enemy is being ignorant, selfish, dishonest, not being responsible for what we do to others, etc. The first step for having a strong nation is that every individual kills his/her inside enemy. Then we may want to take care of the outside enemies.

Thanks for reading.

All the best,

Mortaza
kolokoy

Post by kolokoy »

Help!!!! }:
I am a new member here. I need help checking my sentences, but I don't know where and how to post my questions or sentences.

Thank you
Kolokoy
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Mortaza,

Many thanks for putting your essays in this thread. Without any doubt, your essays are useful. You write effectively and interestingly. I really enjoy reading your essays.

About three years ago-for IELTS preparation-I had four courses in an institute in Tehran; concerning four skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing. The courses were really useful. They made my language skills improve significantly, and consequently I scored an average 7.5 out of 9 in IELTS exam. I scored 8 out of 9 in writing module.

I am not going to give you some tips in this public place, since it may affect your morale negatively, or even may hurt your feeling. However, there are some rules in essay writing which should be followed(va man heyfam miyad nagam). Following those rules will cause you to increase your writing band in exams.

For example, it is important to have a Five-Paragraph essay format. This format is so common both in TOEFL and IELTS. In this format the first paragraph is used for introducing(introduction). You should rephrase the topic in this paragraph and make it seem more interesting for readers to get interested in reading the essay. If the topic question is about your personal opinion about something, you should also give your opinion clearly(agree or disagree) in this paragraph and make the readers know the supporting reasons you are going to give in the next paragraphs. You ought to have three reasons for your idea. Those three reasons will be discussed in more details with other supporting sentences in three independent paragraphs.

In the second paragraph, you should write about your first reasons. The first sentence of this paragraph is made from your first reason and it is the topic sentence of paragraph. You have to write some sentences about the first reason; trying to support it with some evidence, examples, or some logical statements.

In the third and fourth paragraph, you should write about the second reason(mentioned in the first paragraph) and the third reason(mentioned in the first paragraph) respectively.

Finally, in the last paragraph, you should again write a sentence with different words about your three reasons which you have mentioned in the first paragraph. The key words of this sentence are your three reasons, but the words are different(noun, adjective, verb which can be made by the root of words e.g. improving, improvement, improved, ..). You shouldn't directly disagree or agree with the main question of topic again. It is done indirectly.

Among three paragraphs, you should obviously use linking phrases such as, in addition to that, firstly, secondly, finally, In the first place,..

When the topic is asking about advantages and disadvantages of something, you shouldn't write your opinion in the first paragraph. If you believe the advantages are more than the disadvantages, you should first write one paragraph about disadvantages, and two paragraphs about disadvantages. In this case, the conclusion paragraph(the last one) is always close to the side you are supporting. Plus, in this case, you have to give your idea directly in the last paragraph by proper sentences such as, 'In my opinion, the advantages of ..weigh its disadvantages....'.

I hope it helps.

I am in a hurry. Alas I have no time to check this post to correct my mistakes. I have to leave my office quickly. Sorry for mistakes. If you need more explanation, just let me know.

All the best,
Behnam, 10 October, 2012

[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by [amal] »

Hi Kolokoy,

How are you?

Welcome to this thread. I think here all the friends are ready to help you...

Please write to us more about you and the things you are interested in... Of course don't forget to write your questions and sentences which you want to be checked.

Best wishes.

Amal
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Help!!!! }:
I am a new member here. I need help checking my sentences, but I don't know where and how to post my questions or sentences.

Thank you
Kolokoy
Hi Kolokoy,

Welcome to this place; where you are allowed to ask your questions and share your experience with us.

Would you mind introducing yourself? Where are you from? Do you work or study? What is your job in case you work and what is your field in case you study? What is your gender? Are you married or single? What does your name mean? Those questions seem to be a little personal, I agree, but for me it is necessary to have a mind image about my friends. If you mind answering, that's OK. Don't worry. {-: {-: {-:

We often avoid checking people's sentences or correcting their mistakes, but I've recently decided to have my suggestions. I think it will help me learn more, because I will force myself to focus on accuracy.

I am not sure, but
I need help checking my sentences,...
sounds odd to me. The sentence is grammatically correct, but I prefer to write it in a different way. It is maybe a matter of taste, but I guess 'I need someone to correct my mistakes' sounds better. Please check it in a dictionary. I will check it later.

We are all learning English. In other words, we are some learners from different part of the world. Thank you for joining us.

I hope to hear more from you.

All the best,
Behnam, 10 October, 2012

behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Mohsen,

Thank you very much for your wonderful posts which are really rich in terms of new words and challenging ideas.

I agree with you about the philosophy of my last post you have mentioned. Khoda govvat. :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 10 October, 2012

nanachen
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by nanachen »

Dear Mohsen,

How's it going?I hope you everything is ok.I spent my holiday in the countryside.In the countryside I get up when the sun rise and go to bed when the sun set. I plant the peanut and bean in the field and play with my dogs. There is no computer and internet bother me .My heart is so close to nature.I feel peace and healthy.Do you like the life in the countryside?

Best wish

Nana
nanachen
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by nanachen »

Dear Behnam,

OMG,Mr. sunshine,you are the bomb dot com!The sentence is cute?I buy a new cellphone and download an app about learning English which is called OMG American English.A lovable girl teaches life English with making some theatrical gesture and expression.She also teaches sending message with English by cellphone.Such as some abbreviation:FYI=For your In formation,ASAP=as soon as possible,JK=just kidding.

Do you know PSY?His song called gangnam style is popular and his dance is learn by many people.You can see my picture.

Best regards

Nana
[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by [amal] »

Hi Mortaza,

How are you?

Thanks for your message.

Dear, there is two side for every problem. The first one is obvious for everyone and the other is hidden...

The global conspiracy against Syria was planned in isolation from what is going inside and it has benefited from some bad people here and As you know there is no country in the world without corruption..

The evil will seek for you and if it couldn't, it would create a chance by its tools. Here in Syria, the bad and corrupt people were those tools who performed their jobs perfectly in a mean way.

Dear, we don't carry the outside our inside's mistakes because we want to evasion of our responsibilities. However, we are showing the world how they are connected.

For example, if somebody wanted to destroy your home and it was hard for him to do it from the outside, he would try to create problems between you and your family members and make them hate you and become against you...

Finally, I don't deny that there is an inside enemy and every individual should kill it first.

Inshallah, Syria will go out from this crisis stronger than ever and we will close all the gaps which the evil entered.

Thanks for reading.

Wish you the best.
Amal
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Amal,

You cannot imagine how happy I was when reading your WISE words in replying to Mortaza! Oh My God! Where has that much wisdom come? Oh Amal, I really feel proud of you.

You made me surprised and amazed. Thank you very much indeed.

All the best,
Behnam, 12 October, 2012

behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Nana,

It is always nice reading your posts and hearing about you. Thank you very much for caring about our long friendship; watering it regularly. LOL :lol:

I also love the countryside and villages very much. Although there are some limitation, the pace of life is slower in rural areas. I really love this aspect of the countryside.

About the mobile phone and the software I have no idea. I prefer my own old version of Nokia(1100). I have no time to play with my cell phone. Well, you are a lady and your mobile phone can play a good friend's role for you. You may have a close relationship with your cell phone. But, I am a MAN(you should notice the difference. This is written in capital...hehehehe... Joking). I don't care about my mobile. It is one of my biggest enemies. I sometimes put it on the desk and don't look at it from the morning to the evening. :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 12 October, 2012

behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Friends,

Thanks to your support and the moderators' intelligent monitoring and also their positive attitude and kindness towards me I became one of the winners in chat room on Englishclub. Here is the link:

http://my.englishclub.com/profiles/blog ... ember-2012

To tell you the truth, I am nothing without you. Thank you for your friendship, support, help and care.

All the best,
Behnam, 12 October, 2012

Last edited by behnam on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Dear friends,

Please join us in the chat room. Let's make that place nice with our presence. I am waiting for you.

http://my.englishclub.com/chat

All the best,
Behnam, 12 October, 2012

Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Dear Morteza,

I agree with you about the mistakes which some people do inside our country and it may helps the enemies to be more rabid .
If there is quarreling between a family members ,the foe can easier penetrate inside the house . The quarreling between the family members makes the family more vulnerable and sometimes they ignore the enemy and insist on their idea.
Unity and knowledge can save a nation in front of aggressors.

B.Wishes,
Mohsen
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Dear Nana,

You had holiday in the countryside , your body and your soul were refreshed , I like countryside , if there were some facilities like good schools , swimming pool , high speed internet .. in the countryside ,surly I would go there to live for ever . I can buy a big house and garden and breed some animal like turkey and ostrich. I would have a good business beside my family.
What is your idea? Do you like to breed animals in the countryside.

B.Wishes,
Mohsen
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

behnam wrote:Hi Friends,

Thanks to your support and the moderators' intelligent monitoring and also their positive attitude and kindness towards me I became one of the winners in chat room on Englishclub. Here is the link:

[/color]
Congratulations, dear Behnam. Do your best on MyEC pages. You deserve it.

My best regards.
{-;
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Hi dear Behnam,

I'm writing this post just to congratulate you. You deserve it;your English is very good and you know how to chat effectively. :-)

Wish you success,

Elham
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

So, here there is one of my posts. I have to confess that I do not like writing too much because it reminds me of my college days which our professors asked us to write essays and more essays almost every day and I didn't like at all. However, I would like to share something with you all:

Today is October 12th. According to the PAST, the Spaniard Christopher Columbus arrived to America with his crew. He is famous for "discovering" America, but actually our NATIVES already lived here, so, I still don't understand WHY people call it a " discovering". Anyway, continue. So, for four hundred years , we used to celebrate that we were found out by him and so on. Yet,in 2002, our current President changed our history and now we celebrate the October 12th but with a different point of view: "Our Natives' resistance" . Why? Because when they arrived, the started killing our natives, rapped our native girls and asking us to follow the rules of the Spaniard Kingdom.

I do not have any bad feelings against the Spaniards. Spain is a good country and I've got several good friends from there. Actually, what I only thank to that "famous" Christopher is the language because we speak Spanish.

Ok, I continue. If you take a look at our aspect or our characteristics, we are black, white, blonde, brunette, short, tall, etc...because of the European blood they brought to us and the slaves ( the black ones). However, if you take a look at the people in Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador they still remind the characteristics of our natives: They have quite dark skin and straight black hair. Why? Because he didn't have time to reach those countries and invade them.

So, the "rich" ones in my country celebrate that Christopher was his discoverer ( how stupid they are) but ordinary-intelligent-self centered people like me KNOW that he was just a rich thief who wanted us to belong to his kingdom. THANK GOD we have had our independence since 1810.

I hope you like it.

Kisses.

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE PICTURE
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Oriani,

It was nice meeting you in the chat room. You are a great teacher as well as a kind friend. You are a real treasure for English learners; with a lot of experience on EC and life.

As I promised, I read your last post again; but more carefully this time. You've got a lot of memories from your friends and you feel nostalgic about the past. Some friends have gone and you have missed them! I do understand you. You may ask how? Well, I used to write on English-at-home. I wrote there for about three years. I made friends with many people from different parts of the world. Some of them are still in contact with me. For example, Mohsen, Elham, Mortaza, Nana, Andrew...are still here; nice signs of the past for me! I really feel proud of my friends.

Elham has done a very big job. When leaving the first site(English-at-home), she copied and saved all the posts in four books entitled 'Let's learn together'. Each book contains more than 1000 pages! Ive uploaded them on WWW.scribd.com. If you visit that site and search for 'let's leran together', you will find them. Having a look at them will let you know our great community more in details. Good Old Days! Nostalgic right now! About to cry...

Sometimes, I look at the Moon say; "Moon, do you see my friends? Give my warmest regards to them." It makes me happy. Sometimes, I look at the blue sky and say, "Behnam, your friends are under this sky breathing the air...that's a common thing.." These thoughts make me feel close to my friends, although they are miles away from me.

Dear Oriani, from this point of view, nobody can understand you as I do!

About other parts of your post, I should mention to your indirect criticism about Americans. I agree with you. America belongs to all native people who were born in that large continent.

It was sad to hear about the break and leaving your four-year partner. It is necessary to have some similarities with our love. There are differences and similarities between both sexes. Amazingly, those differences and similarities keep the life going. For a happy relationship( a successful one), it is vitally important to balance those two essences of life-similarities and differences. I wish you a happy life.

Giving or receiving gifts can be surprising; sure, but the feelings related to the gifts are valuable. As you know, receiving a gift from someone isn't only taking a physical thing. Apart from the stuff, we always take some attention, some care, some recognition too. These spiritual things are very effective and long-lasting. You are a lucky person, since receiving gift from EC is a great success.

It seems love is dead in the real life. It is dead or taking the last breaths! It seems values have changed; blackness is overtaking whiteness! Oh, strangely some noble feelings have gone from societies. We can only find them in the virtual world; the Net! That's why I often say the advantages of the Internet weigh its disadvantages.

The story is getting long and boring. Let's end this page and close the book right here. What I am saying is this: I am honoured to have you as a teacher and a kind friend in this thread.

All the best,
Behnam, 12 October, 2012

[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by [amal] »

Hi Behnam,

Wow!!!! congratulation my dear great friend! I am really really really happy for you. For sure, you deserve this winning as well as you have won our hearts! :-D

You have taught us a great lesson that when someone focus on something, they can achieve it.

I wish you the best and.... Emm... :oops: I wish that room don't take you from us -your old friends- who used to chat with you on Yahoo. :roll:

Dear, I had just finished reading your last post to Oriani and my eyes are full of tears..
I don't know why but always when I read about the old thread and your old friends, I start crying. I know what you felt and what you meant. The thread was a big loss for all of us! :-(

My words maybe are repeated but I couldn't prevent myself from writing my feelings.
I really wish if I was a member there, I really wish I entered the net earlier and met all your old great friends there.. Uh! What a luck. :-(

Anyway, in the end, I can just pray and ask God to keep them safe and happy...

Thanks Dear Behnam for everything indeed. I am very proud of you.

Have a happy time. {-;
Amal
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Dear Behnam,

I was revewing some of the posts in the first thread while I came across these questions asked to you by one of our dear friends! You hadn't answered the questions there but I some how found the answers in your last post to Oriani!

Dear friend, have you ever thought to leave this thread forever??? Have you ever thought about the future of this thread??? How do you feel about your first friends hat didn't continue writing?? Are you still in contact with them????

You have prooved your loyalty to your thread and your friends. It's really admiring how firm and true-hearted you are. Your sentences in your last post show how faithful you are towards your old friends even if they didn't continue writing. You are an awesome friend*

All te best,
Elham
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Oriani,

There are many stories in the history which are not true. You are right, it was not Christopher Columbus who first arrived in American continent . Many people were living there before Christopher arrival , even I say that some merchants from Iran were working there ,they shipped between Iran and America at that time, many people had been gone to America before ,but Christopher Columbus had an illusion that he was the first one and the king supported him to registered his name as a discoverer of America.

The history has been written by what the owners of power wanted not what was the true, Another fake story is the Moon landing conspiracy which claim by NASA that about many years ago some astronomers form USA landed on the moon and walked there and put their flag in the moon soil.
The question is that why after many years the mission of landing on the moon never been repeated , The answer is that the first mission was only some fake movie which was produced by NASA.

Good bye
Mohsen

Have a good time
Mohsen
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Mohsen wrote:Hi Oriani,

The question is that why after many years the mission of landing on the moon never been repeated , The answer is that the first mission was only some fake movie which was produced by NASA.

Good bye
Mohsen

Have a good time
Mohsen
Well, dear. We won't ever know the truth...