Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Long time no see!

Post by behnam »

Hi Elham, Setareh(Setayesh), Amal, Mortaza, Andrew, Veronica, ...

How are you? I hope you are happy and healthy. This is just to let you know I've missed you terribly. You are absent for a long time. I hope you will be back soon. I am waiting for you all the time. You are always in my thoughts.

I am looking forward to reading your posts as soon as possible.

All the best,
Behnam, 9 October, 2015
Last edited by behnam on Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Hi Lovelife!

Post by behnam »

Hi Lovelife,

How are you? I hope you are fine. Thank you for joining us. I guess I have already said welcome to you! Anyway, welcoming people is a good action. Therefore, it is logical, beneficial, and acceptable to welcome a quest twice. :lol:

To be honest, I didn't get what the problem or the imaginary problem is. Does the boss or a colleague is cruel or selfish, or maybe careless at your workplace? Does someone expects to receive more than what s/he gives? Please make it clear for me. I will give my opinion after knowing what the main problem is.

All the best,
Behnam, 9 October, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Hi Lee Wooseok!

Post by behnam »

Hi Lee Wooseok,

Thank you so much for posting in this place. I think you a student and you've got Mid-term-exams. I wish you success in your exams.

All the best,
Behnam, 9 October, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
LeeWooseok

Re: Hi Lee Wooseok!

Post by LeeWooseok »

behnam wrote:Hi Lee Wooseok,

Thank you so much for posting in this place. I think you a student and you've got Mid-term-exams. I wish you success in your exams.

All the best,
Behnam, 9 October, 2015
Hello, Behnam.

How are you?
Through your post, I have seen that you passed PhD successfully. Congratulation!!

I did not have mid-term exam yet. It will start on Monday, 19 October. Now, I am studying and preparing for the exam at a cafe. The subject that I am studying is 'The British Empire and Commonwealth'.

Above this subject, I should do a lot of assignments for the exam to get to good credits. However, I am happy to be able to learn knowledge.

Thank you,
Have a nice day!.
Lee, Wooseok
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Hi again Lee Wooseok!

Post by behnam »

LeeWooseok wrote:I did not have mid-term exam yet. It will start on Monday, 19 October. Now, I am studying and preparing for the exam at a cafe. The subject that I am studying is 'The British Empire and Commonwealth'.
Hi Lee,

Thank you very much for your kind message. I wish you success in your exam. By the way, the title of your subject is nice, but that would be nicer if the title was 'The British Empire and common way of stealing the wealth of the Middle East and India'! This topic is longer than your topic, but it reflects the facts much better than yours. :lol: {-: :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 9 October, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Feeling Nostalgic!

Post by behnam »

Hi friends,

A few minutes ago, I made my room neat and tidy. I gathered the books and notebooks and put them on the shelf. I am feeling nostalgic now!
}: }: }: (Crying)(Crying)(Crying)(Crying)(Crying)(Crying) }: }: }:

All the best,
Behnam, 9 October, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Pens&Notebooks!

Post by behnam »

Hi friends,

Many people ask me about how to do a PhD. They often ask: What is the key secret of your success? Most of the time I don't reply by words. I put the empty pens and full notebooks on the table and say: I have emptied this much ink on these Notebooks! I think this is a good answer. I took photo of empty pens and full notebooks. I have used these pen in taking notes from PhD courses. You should know, I seldom take notes in the classes. I always read books instead of reading other people's notes. These notes are taken from several books related to main topics of PhD!

Pictures speak louder than words!

All the best,
Behnam, 10 October, 2015

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
LeeWooseok

Re: Hi again Lee Wooseok!

Post by LeeWooseok »

behnam wrote:
LeeWooseok wrote:I did not have mid-term exam yet. It will start on Monday, 19 October. Now, I am studying and preparing for the exam at a cafe. The subject that I am studying is 'The British Empire and Commonwealth'.
Hi Lee,

Thank you very much for your kind message. I wish you success in your exam. By the way, the title of your subject is nice, but that would be nicer if the title was 'The British Empire and common way of stealing the wealth of the Middle East and India'! This topic is longer than your topic, but it reflects the facts much better than yours. :lol: {-: :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 9 October, 2015
Hello, Behnam.

In fact, I am learning about the true picture of the British Empire. There were a lot of discrimination against black people. My professor always tell us that we have to maintain right point of view for history as a student.

Thank you
Lee, Wooseok.
LOVELIFE

Re: Let's learn together!

Post by LOVELIFE »

Hello Behnam,

Thanks for greet me & welcome me twice, you made my day! My problem solve, i have email to the person that he should do the thing himself and i did some screenshot steps by steps, and he replied me says thanks and sorry for the trouble caused. Also, i did explains to him personally that not that i don't want to help me, just he need to be more self-reliant.

anyway, i need some advise from you guys... Little grammar that i got puzzled here.
How should i put in the sentence that "we have not buy the item for quite some time" / " we have not bought the items for quite some time now? / " long time never buy the item"?
LOVELIFE

Post by LOVELIFE »

Hello Behnam,

Does this forum has some kind of instant chat? like a small window where we can see who is online?
It would be great if this forum has this kind of feature....So can we go chat live like with immediate response.
worth considering? anyway..just a little idea from me..hope you guys dont mind :)
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Hi Lovelife!

Post by behnam »

Hi Lovelife,

Many thanks for replying. Happy to know that you could find a way to cope with the problem.

About your grammar question, I think 'we have not bought the items for quite a long time' sounds OK. It is not correct to write 'we have not bought the items for quite some time now'. It is also incorrect to say 'we have not bought the items for quite some time'. Other options sound unusual to me.

About your suggestion, if someone signs in, they will be available to others. A thick line on their profile photo will say: ON LINE. In this case, it will be possible to sent online messages by using 'private message' which is on the right hand of the page(above). For chatting, I often use Skype. My Skype account is: behnam.pedram

Hope to hear more from you,
Behnam, 12 October, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

A True Story!

Post by behnam »

Hi friends,

Last week, on Tuesday, when I entered the rail station I saw four foreigners were arguing with the ticket-checker. The ticket-checker was a young girl. She was yelling, "Friday, Friday, ..". The foreigners were two middle-aged men and two middle-aged women. They were looking at their tickets and at other people disappointingly. I decided to help them. I asked; "Can you speak English?". They happily answered(all together); "Yes, we can." I started speaking with them. They were from Denmark. I asked the ticket-checker about the problem. She explained the problem to me in Persian. She said; "These people's tickets are for Friday not for today. Today is Tuesday. They have come three days earlier"! I took the tickets and read the date and time which were typed in Persian in them. The girl was right. I said them they were three days earlier. One of the men, who was younger than the other one, showed me something written on one of the tickets in black 'Meshad, 6th Oct 2015'! The man was also right! Funny! Both sides were amazingly right! Who was wrong? This was a big question! :lol:

I had some free time. I tried to help them, then I wanted one of the men to follow me to the upstairs to have the tickets checked by the responsible person sitting behind a computer. That was a lady who was responsible for cancelling thickets, giving information or selling tickets in case there are empty seats on a train to a requested city. The man followed me. His English was very good. He could speak German too. We went to upstairs and the lady checked the tickets. The information on the computer matched the information on the tickets. The mistake was made by the agency in which these people had bought the tickets. The ticket seller had written 'Meshad 6th Oct 2015' instead of 9th Oct...!!! A terrible mistake!

I asked the responsible lady to cancel the thickets and sell them a new one. She checked the train. There were no empty seats left. Then, those people had only one option: To go back to the hotel and go to the agency tomorrow to get their money back!

They gave me the phone number of the hotel. I called the hotel and told the receptionist the story. I asked; "Is it possible for them to be back to the hotel and stay there one night more?" The receptionist said; "That's OK. They can come and stay here."

Then I hired a taxi and gave the taxi driver the address card of the hotel. I wanted the taxi driver to let them get off exactly in front of hotel. I also said to them to inform the police in case the taxi driver asks for more money or drops them somewhere else(not at the entrance door of the hotel).

I spoke with all of them. Their English was very well. One of the ladies said; "What would have we done if you hadn't been here?" I am not sure about the grammar of this sentence, but I got the meaning. I replied; "Don't worry! God would send you someone to help." She became happy and thanked me for the help.

I was very happy, because I could use my English and help some people who were in a terrible situation. I am still happy because of what I did for them in the rail station. I had a very nice feeling for some days after that event. I was proud of myself for learning English. :lol: {-: :lol:

Oh, something interesting: When they understood that the ticket seller lady in the agency had made a big mistake in writing the date wrongly, one of the men said; "Is it possible to go to Yazd, instead of Meshad?" One of the ladies yelled at him, looked dagger at him and said to him something in their mother tongue, as if she was going to hit poor man. She did the same thing that Iranian ladies often do in such cases. I said to myself: Ladies are the same! :lol: :lol: :lol:

One thing more: They said they love Iran and its culture very much. That was why they were visiting Iran. They liked to go Meshad to visit the Holy Shrine of Imam Reza, but they couldn't!

All the best,
Behnam, 12 October, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
LARGEUT

Post by LARGEUT »

hello
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Hi Largeut!

Post by behnam »

Hi Largeut,

How are you? Welcome to this place. Thank you for saying 'Hello'. You generously have written only one word 'hello', I am replying it with a lot of words. Who is generous, you or I? :lol: {-: :lol:

I hope to hear more from you.

All the best,
Behnam, 13 October, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Hi Alfone!

Post by behnam »

Hi Alfone,

Welcome to this thread. Thank you so much for putting post in this place. It is rewarding to help mother in doing households chores. Actually, it is our duty to help mother, wife, sister, ....with doing house-based chores. One of my duties at home is making tea. Sometimes I cook, but my wife seldom lets me work in the kitchen. She thinks I am clumsy when it comes to working in the kitchen. In other words, I am like an elephant in a china shop. Once I wanted to help her with washing dishes, but unluckily, I broke an expensive plate. {-: :lol: {-:

I wish you success at university and in all aspects of life. Hope to hear more from you.

All the best,
Behnam, 13 October, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
JasleenKaur

Re: Welcome JasleenKaur!

Post by JasleenKaur »

behnam wrote:Hi JasleenKaur,

Welcome! Thank you for joining us and putting comment in this thread. Thank you once again for saying positive things about me. That's very kind of you.

Would you please write more about yourself? I am waiting for your reply.

All the best,
Behnam, 23 September, 2015
Hi

I am teaching in an Educational Institute for foreign Languages.
LeeWooseok

Post by LeeWooseok »

Hello, friends,
How are you?
Currently, I am a university student, as you know, and taking a lecture, Intercultural Communication. I have been making a living in societies, customs, and ultimately in a variety of cultures. At the same time, however, I have never thought about cultural effects surrounding us.

Thus, about the culture, I would like to talk about cultural influences with you. I will show you lists that includes cultural factor, so if you have a opinion, please reply. I would like to exchange and share our opinions more deeply.

STRUCTURAL: Geography, Communications, Climate, Population density and spread, Centralisation of power, Role of religion, Political system, Role of authority
SOCIAL: Balance between family and work, Class distinctions, Dress, Punctuality, Emotional displays, Ideas of physical beauty, Taboos, Humour, Respect for age, Gender, Politeness to the outsider
PHYSICAL: Physical contact, Physical gestures, Physical distance, Speech: Volume, speed, Handshakes and greetings, Body language

Thank you,
Have a nice day.

Lee, Wooseok.
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghshejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

never a soulmate is met , unless you follow to find it

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Hurieh,

As you said the way to men’s heart is through their stomach ,that is right ,but not enough ,women know that they look more attractive when they wear high-heeled shoes ,so in the first meeting they wear a high heeled slipper and walking in the room, I mean that stomach ,and some other parts is very important for a man and a man should approve these criteria .. {-;

I have a beautiful boy friend , he is enough beautiful that no one can resist against him , sometimes I comb his hair with my hand and enjoy it, he was gifted a nice face , but I always tell hime : poor is that girl who will fall in your trap as a wife , one of his defects is that his mouth make a lot of voice when he eats something … you see how my talented wife tested my eating in the first meeting by peeling an orange {-: {-: ,she killed two birds by one stone.
Another defect of my friend is that in 24 hours ,he goes to W.C 48 times, so he can’t go travel , or sitting in a party for long time , when he was in university he always left the class in middle of time. He say that he always has a kind of stress in his stomach .he has a dog life , he can’t sleep at night , another defect is that he likes to eat Sirab Shirdon very much , where is his soul mate… :lol: :lol: ? I never heard modern women like to eat Sirab Shirdon, another defect is that he always do his job in the minute of 90, he always running to get on the bus , while he was watching a movie , lying down in front of TV for 2 hours before running. In a nut shell , he is suitable to kill his wife , but some girls say that it is worth to have him and bear his one hundred defects.
About “Everyone meets his/her soul mate when s/he is in right place and at right time” I believe never a soulmate is met , unless you follow to find it

all the best
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Passing the PhD Final Qualifying Exam!

Post by Hurieh »

Dear Behnam,

First of all, I’d like to sincerely and enthusiastically congratulate you on your superb achievement.

Your incredible perseverance, remarkable attempts, great abilities, and unparalleled skills are quite obvious and inspiring to everyone, particularly me. I always praise you at my heart for these commendable traits. Thanks for sharing your happiness and precious experiences with us.

After reading your post, thought, I asked myself: “What if we could celebrate a surprise party for Professor Behnam on this occasion in cyber world all together? “

Let’s see…
Imagine a long red carpet which leads to a stage that is located on the third step of the stairs, and is covered by a fairly long velvet curtain. The curtain runs along to both sides gently and automatically. Behind the curtain, there is a table on which a big cake is placed. A concise message in a nice font is visible on the cake and it is:
“Congratulations. We all are proud of you.”

There are also many gifts on the table with colorful wrapping papers. One of the gifts which winks amazingly and gets the attentions in first glance is a small luxury gold color box which is wrapped by a red ribbon, and a magical pen with violet ink is in it—the ink never finishes.

And some entertainments like doing firework, taking photos, clapping loudly, chanting happy messages, and…

Oh…Gosh…What happened to the electricity? Sounds like the power went off. Heheheee

What a pity!

But… wait wait… Something is still left in my right pocket… Emm… here you go!

Sincere best wishes,
Hurieh
Oct 15th/ 2015
Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: never a soulmate is met , unless you follow to find it

Post by Hurieh »

Dear Mohsen,

Thank you very much for your beautiful post.

Mohsen wrote:
As you said the way to men’s heart is through their stomach ,that is right ,but not enough ,women know that they look more attractive when they wear high-heeled shoes ,so in the first meeting they wear a high heeled slipper and walking in the room, I mean that stomach ,and some other parts is very important for a man and a man should approve these criteria .. {-;

The rule “The way to men's heart…” is not allegedly written by me. I just pointed to one of the ways to men's heart. Nevertheless, you are definitely right. A variety of requisites are also needed to win men’s heart; however, I didn’t mean to dig it more. I also appreciate you for not going deeper. Winking!

Regarding heels, women wear heeled-shoes in different situations and for different purposes. But they mostly wear them to show they are taller than what they are.
I personally wear them in two situations—in wedding ceremonies where I can’t wear running shoes (heheheee) and at university only if I have an important meeting or interview in which I have to stand at the tribune--it strangely gives me more self-confidence when I look taller than those who are going to evaluate me.
But in general, I mostly wear non-heeled shoes for two main reasons. First, I’m worried if I get low back pain in old ages due to wearing uncomfortable shoes (heheheee). Second, I’m tall enough and wearing heeled-shoes makes me look lanky (heheheee).

Mohsen wrote:
you see how my talented wife tested my eating in the first meeting by peeling an orange {-: {-: ,she killed two birds by one stone.
You have directly and indirectly shown what a professional huntress your lovely wife is in your previous posts, and no one has this right to doubt this fact. I suppose you are one of the birds you mentioned (BIG LOL); but what do you mean by another bird? Winking!

And about beauty, if we put our binoculars aside and let our eyes see beyond the bodily beauty, the souls rather than bodies I mean, our ideas about beauty will change. Some people are more beautiful internally regardless of what they look externally. They have beautiful hearts, and you should be with them for a while or even more to discover it. So, you feel as if you easily see their gold heart which is as precious as a gem or pearl at their tin rib cage through looking at their eyes. And you can pierce into deep layers of their soul even with shallow looks. I’ve deduced this through dealing with different people, especially my friends. And still, I confess that humans are complicated, mysterious, and unpredictable.

I never deny the sweetness of outer beauty though. Beauty is a God-gifted virtue and appealing, especially when it joins other positive inner beauties. Love and logic meet each other more easily when someone finds both inner and outer beauty in another one. Nonetheless, it’s not that easy to reach both in a single person.
Meanwhile, I believe beauty, grace, and daintiness are more feminine than masculine. That’s why women are called as “dainty gender” by men.
A lady (particularly a jealous lady) who owns a man with eye-catchy beauty is always worried about her husband in case he may fall in trap over and over. In other words, she must share the beauty of her husband with others. LOL

Mohsen wrote:
About “Everyone meets his/her soul mate when s/he is in right place and at right time” I believe never a soulmate is met , unless you follow to find it
I agree with your idea. However, I liked to read more about the impact of destiny on marriage from you and our friends.

Regards,
Hurieh
Oct 15th/ 2015

P.S. Why doesn't your friend consult with an urologist to make sure nothing is wrong with his urinary system?
Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Plagiarism!

Post by Hurieh »

alfone* wrote:
Apart from my responsibilities at home and giving my mom a hand in home chores, I have a lot to do before beginning of the new semester. You know (everyone knows actually… after Andrew’s emphasis), next week will be the beginning of new semester in our university, and I’m just procrastinating things. I think I’m going to get myself ready in the last minutes of my deadline.

[*Hurieh wrote on Feb 5th/ 2015 , pg: 100]
This is the most evident sample of plagiarism I’ve ever seen. Heheheeee…

However, it was a good excuse to welcome Alfone and other newcomers, and to remember dear Andrew who has not been with us for quite a long time. Hope to read more from dear Andrew and new comers very soon in case they still track this long never-dying thread.

Regards,
Hurieh
Oct 15th/ 2015
skystar

Post by skystar »

Hi Mohsen

Thank you so much for wishing me health. That's really kind of you. To be honest, I always enjoy reading your posts. You write very fluently and ,of course, very beautifully. As an English teacher and a language learner, I would like to know how you have learned English?
I'll be grateful if other friends and you tell us about your experiences of learning English.

Best,
Sara

skystar

Post by skystar »

Hi Behnam

I read your posts. I'm really happy to hear that you have passed your exam successfully. I had the same experience a few months ago. I was also very happy after taking the last exam of my academic life.Such exams are really stressful because you are evaluated just by answering four or five questions. You will be lucky if you know the answer of all questions esp the first one :-D . However, we were lucky because we didn't have an interview :-) .
I also read your experience in train station. I think those tourists were really lucky that met you in that difficult situation. I can imagine how have you felt helping those Danish people.

Best,
Sara

behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Thanks Hurieh!

Post by behnam »

Hi Hurieh,

Many many thanks for holding an imaginary party for me. It was very nice of you. I felt it by my heart, as if I was at that party. Thank you once again for that beautiful card you had put in the post. It was very kind and sweet of you.

I am following your nice posts carefully. I read them with special concentration and attention. In particular, your recent discussion about falling in love, setting trap, ...you have with Mohsen is very sweet and informative as well. I do love the way you and Mohsen look at this important aspect of human being's life. Philosophically speaking, love between the opposite se*es is one of the most complicated subjects in the world. Everybody looks at it through his/her field of view. Every person describes it through the angel they approach it or from their own point of views and the experience they have experienced in life. Amazingly, what people say(see or experience) differs from person to person! That's why I believe love-based advice, stories, events, ... cannot be reliable, since there is no a unique law in that area! In other words, love-related things are not like Physics to be formulated in a way that work in the entire universe.

In your last post to Mohsen, you have written something nice about beauty. It was a wonderful description.

Dear Hurieh, I am still imagining the way you walk with your high-heeled shoes and the moment you are taking something out from your pocket! Winking. I wish someone could take an unaware photo of you in those situations. :lol: :lol: :lol: {-: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 16 October, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Thanks Sara!

Post by behnam »

Hi Sara,

How are you dear professor? I hope you are doing well and enjoying every moment of your life. Your kind tone of voice is still in my ears. I hope we will chat again on Skype.

Thank you so much for congratulating. As you said, PhD Final Qualifying Exam is the most stressful one in someone's life. For me it was highly stressful for me.

Dear professor Sara, we are all honoured to have you in the thread. Please regularly and actively participate in discussions. I expect you to write more and teach English to us. Let me make an analogy. You are as a container full of honey(you are like a hive), but you should let us taste the honey in the hive. I don't know how it could be possible, either we must make some holes in the container to get the honey out of it, or you yourself open some doors for us to enjoy tasting the honey! Hahahahahahahaha...So philosophical! :lol: :lol: {-: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, let people use your knowledge. You may say: People are not interested in learning from me! Come on! I am ready to taste the honey!
{-: :lol: {-:

All the best,
Behnam, 16 October, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Friendship!

Post by behnam »

Hi friends,

How are you? I hope you are fine and enjoying every moment of this beautiful autumn. After getting up, I checked my mailbox. I had two mails from two different corners of the Earth.Two nice emails from two sweet friends; from the West and the East! The mails made me feel nice and happy.

I am writing this to strongly emphasize the importance of being patient in friendships. As I've written many times, forming a friendship is like implanting a small tree. A lot of patience, care, attention, efforts, and attempts are needed to grow that tree up and then enjoy the fruits of our success in growing that. Some people have got wrong ideas about friendship. They wrongly and stupidly expect to shape a friendship today, and enjoy its sweetness tomorrow! It is against of the laws of nature. Even vegetables need some time to grow up and then give benefits(usable leaves) let alone fruit trees. Walnut for example, gives fruits after seven years of planting! We have got about one hounded walnut trees in our garden in Azerbaijan. I am quite sure about what i claimed! {-: :lol: {-:

I said something about receiving two nice emails today. Believe it or not, due to some misunderstandings in both cases, we had some sort of quarrel or even fight. However, we were patient. Honestly speaking, I was patient. Now, my patience is showing some sweet results. I am enjoying the way they both; on different parts of the world write to me. I feel powerful and successful. :lol:

Let's be patient in friendship. let's be positive. Let's be patient with the difficulties of friendship. Let's expect logical results from friendship. Let's care about newly established friendship. Some people may ask why? The answer is so simple: Without friendship, life is like repeating doing the same things over and over. Friendships create new things in our lives. We are social creatures. We steadily shine when we coat our hearts with friendship!

I wish you happy moments and success.

All the best,
Behnam, 19 October, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
setareh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Soul Mate

Post by setareh »

I always think about destiny and I wonder what really it is. Is it something written and determined by us or it has been destined for us? Do we have control over our fate or we are the actors of a play that its plot has been written? We don’t choose our parents, our nationality, or even our religion and beliefs. History reveals some great people who despite their limitation take control of their lives. They go beyond their limits and make their dreams come true. It was them who decided to write their own stories just the way they want it to be.
But how about the circumstances and things which we have no control over it? For instance when a girl bumps into a guy; had they made a plan to meet? No, but if they decide to have relationship and keep that relation by getting married this would be their choice. So in my opinion meeting the person who we call it our soul mate is not all up to us. There are certain factors which we have no control, but on the other hand we could play a vital role in our destiny and meeting our soul mate could be one part of our destiny. Let’s consider the fact from another point of view for example boys have more control over their life like finding their soul mates, but poor girls should wait for the perfect soul mate to come with his white horse. {-:
Dear Hurieh, what is your definition of soul mate? If a person has so many things in common with us or someone who thinks like us can we call him or her our soul mate? Or when you meet someone who is different from you and you fall in love with him, could he be your soul mate?
Anyway whether we find someone so similar or different from us to keep the good relationship we should be selfless, caring and understanding. I mean maybe there is not someone as your soul mate rather we make a soul mate through a good relationship. I mean two person could grow with each other, could highlight their similarities and diminish their differences then enjoy the relationship and thinking that” oh this is my soul mate” that I have always wanted.
I wish you all the best,
setareh
[/list][/list]
setareh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Dear Behnam,

Post by setareh »

Dear Behnam, I hope you and your lovely family are doing great. Are you enjoying your favorite season? Autumn is a really beautiful season with its wonderful weather and colorful leaves. As i was walking this morning i realized that there is so much beauty in fall; i breathed the cool and pure weather deep into my lungs and I whispered" God thank you for all your blessings".
Please accept my congratulations from the bottom of my heart for passing your final exam successfully. I am sure you own this success due to your hard working and perverseness, so you deserve it. We are all so proud of you. :-D we are looking forward to seeing your name in different scientific magazines for your articles and theories. I wish you all the best.
Setareh(zivar) {-;
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Thanks Setareh(Zivar)!

Post by behnam »

Hi Zivar,

Many thanks for your friendly post. It was full of kindness and affection. Thank you once again for asking a very nice, but difficult question. Nobody can answer to that! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We are neither completely free to shape our destiny as we wish, nor obligated to live without having any roles in planning our future. What we do now, certainly, affects our future, however, most of the time the future is outside our control.

I believe, for everybody, there are billions ways to select to move in the direction of time. Let's assume we are at point A now. We see billions ways to continue moving from A to B. We must choose one of them. The way we often choose to move is related to the potential(tools, possibilities or capabilities) we have received from our previous choice. When we are at point A, we take some factors into consideration, but there are many unknown effective factors too. We cannot consider everything. Therefore, we have to make a choice. After this choice, we reach point B. Now, we are at point B. We must move to point C. Again we consider as many factors as we know. We use as many tools as we have to evaluate billion ways. However, we have to finally take one way. We are not aware of quality of the way we choose. Maybe it passes through a beautiful garden, or quite the reverse, maybe it passes through a desert. Nobody is one hundred percent sure about the safety of the chosen way! Nothing can guarantee the path we select. Wisdom works, but it is not enough, because the majority of effective factors are unknown to us. We are limited in time(we are the time prisoners)! For this reason, we often speak about destiny, chance, obligation, and similar words. Therefore, as far as the previous choices are concerned, we can plan our future as we wish. However, in terms of unknown factors related to the nature of being time prisoner, we have to lean on chance! That's is why we are neither completely free nor entirely obligated. A combination of both of them, actually! It should be noticed that the coefficients of freedom and obligation differ from person to person. Having good choices in the past, due to our own wisdom and benefiting from the owner of the universe; from the creator of time and paths, someone may have muchfreedom than others. I think, an English saying is proper for this situation: You reap what you sow. Another nice one is 'what goes around, comes around'! We have got similar sayings in Persian. You know them much better than me.

All the best,
Behnam, 20 October, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Suffering for beauty!

Post by Hurieh »

Dear Behnam,

How’s your life rolling in this spectacularly colorful season of year? I hope you are doing pretty well. Thanks for your lovely post. I’m glad to hear that you liked that imaginary party and its attachment.
Regarding the last topic that Mohsen and I were discussing, I should say that I’m half-serious, half- not serious in elaborating on this delicate topic. So, it demands the great acuity of yours and other friends’ to distinguish where I am serious and where not. Winking!
behnam wrote:
Dear Hurieh, I am still imagining the way you walk with your high-heeled shoes and the moment you are taking something out from your pocket! Winking. I wish someone could take an unaware photo of you in those situations. :lol: :lol: :lol: {-: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heheheee … Don’t worry dear Behnam. I won’t fall down. I’m used to stepping slowly and firmly. You haven’t seen my steely steps (winking)! Anyway, I also have to confess that I’m so curious and willing to see how you were imagining me in those postures. I wish I could take a screenshot from your mind and see the way you were imagining me.

Dear Behnam, I’m told that men have great power of imagination. For example, you can show them a picture and leave them alone for a while. They are able to make a 90-minute 3D film out of it by using this power. I won’t explain about myself anymore. Since I want to feed your power of imagination by leaving some empty spaces and holes in your mind. Heheheee

Talking about high-heeled shoes, I want to tell you something about this topic. The majority of women see themselves like the picture below when they wear high-heeled shoes.

But I personally see myself differently wearing those shoes. Check it out below. Some women don't know what may happen to their skeletal systems when they wear these type of shoes in long row.

I just remembered a news on TV about foot binding procedure done (or perhaps, has being done) by Chinese women as an ancient custom. They wrapped their feet and the fingers in bandages tightly in small ages to make their feet look smaller. By the passage of time, they faced broken deformed painful feet. It was even more common among wealthy people whose women weren’t forced to work at home.

Whether this idea about beauty has been abolished or not among Chines women, we are witnessing many different procedures people are doing to look the way they like. Every culture in every era, has its own idol(s) of beauty that some people tend to follow and imitate it(them).

After thinking about ancient Chinese women, I remembered a quote from a friend of mine--One of my classmates in high school who was extraordinary. She read a lot of books, novels, so on, and wished to be a philosopher in future. She was a different girl—quite different. I can’t and won’t forget her at all. Good old days! Now, she is a housewife philosopher.

She used to say: “To feel beautiful is much more important than to be beautiful.” I exactly remember her nice meaningful statement in Persian… احساس زیبا بودن از زیبا بودن مهمتر است
Now, I guess I can understand what she meant.

And finally, as dear Mohsen also mentioned in his previous post somehow: “Women all are beautiful potentially and naturally. However, the thing is that some women don’t know how to appear beautiful.” By the way, I believe that natural beauty is much sweeter than artificial beauties.

Regards,
Hurieh
Oct 21st/ 2015
Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Written destiny or unwritten?!? That's the question!

Post by Hurieh »

Dear Setareh (Zivar),

Thank you very much for your comprehensive post. You had explained your ideas wisely. You truly deserve to be called “Zivar”. Your great thoughts seem to me as precious as jewel.

Regarding destiny, I appreciate you and dear Behnam for sharing your valuable ideas. You are both experienced and wise to elaborate on this topic. And I feel I’m still too inexperienced to talk about this topic. It’s still a big question mark in my mind. I don’t exactly know how to put my thoughts in words to make them seem comprehensible. When I think about these things, I feel as if I’m lost in a huge maze. A variety of thoughts, ideas, premises, and hypotheses come into my mind and I don’t know how to shape them.

I am not going to reject the reality of destiny, but I don’t like to accept something as destiny in my life. I don’t know why…Perhaps it has something to do with my personality and nature that reject whatever that appears to be out of control. I don’t like to let things or people limit me. I don’t like to feel I’m defeated. And I don’t like to accept that my plans and horizons are victimized and I was quite hopeless to change them.
In most unpleasant cases, it’s typical of us to label our laziness, hesitancy, and fears as our destiny. In other words, we try to put the blame on someone or something else not to feel regret about ourselves. We use different strategies to exculpate ourselves of any wrongdoing or mistake.

Who does define destiny? How can someone measure it and with using which reliable standard scale?
We can’t find a clear border or definition for limitations, hindrances, difficulties, and so on. Something may seem to me beyond control and difficult-to-achieve. But, someone else finds a way to overcome it. Something may seem an obstacle for me, but someone else may consider it a gold key to success.

People may say that there are some things which are destined for us and we had no control over them… such as our family, religion, appearance, whatnot. But the question is who has had control over these things. Is there anyone who has chosen his/her family, physical qualities, so on?

We are not supposed to expect everything to be like what we expect. We shouldn’t expect to have everything under our control. It’s quite against the rules of nature and our creation. We are not the creator of this world.
In most cases (not all) thought, we can be a change maker rather than a hopeless defeated. For example, I haven’t chosen my religion. I’ve inherited it from my family, and they have inherited it from their family, and… But, I have this alternative to turn to another religion in case I come across another religion which is more comprehensible and complete.

Once again, I want to highlight that I don’t mean to reject destiny. But I believe that there is no firm steady definition for destiny. Something that seems to me as unchangeable destiny may be a turning point for someone else that changes the entire direction of his/her life. I hope I could convey my message properly and clearly.

Regards,
Hurieh
Oct 21st/ 2015
Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

The world is in grief! !

Post by Hurieh »

Black color of grief is obvious all around. And this repeated question once gain… What is the secret behind this unfadable love among people indeed?
I beg you all to remember me in mourning of our innocent Imam (PBUH) and his great companions.

Regards,
Hurieh
Oct 21st/ 2015
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghshejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Sara,

I hope you are doing well, as a teacher you are very kind about my English, and you made me hopeful, thank you.
For learning English , I intended in English academy some years ago , took part in English classes for a period of time, I remember the book interchange , the first lesson was making a date which I never learn it well :~: :~:
On my school of thought the English is the language of our enemy, so I made a decision to learn it, be able to deal with millions of faked news which is written against Islam and specially Shieh. For example the USA Government which is the biggest threat for the peace of world , and the biggest supporter of terrorists in the world introduce Iran as terrorist backer by millions of propaganda and interviews in its global mass media. This media never see how a girl in occupied land killed by direct shot of Israel soldier in 2 meters but magnify the execution of some smugglers as a human right violation in Iran.

These day I have less time to be here, because during the 10 days, I go to the Imam Hussein mourning ceremonies which are holding all over the cities.
In a brief I say about 1000 years ago ,about the event of killing Imam Hussien and 72 of his companion by Yazeed Ibn Muawiyah , we understand that there was Islamic government like ISIS state which even killed the prophet’s grandchild ( Imam Hussein) in the name of Islam.
Of course the ISIS is different, because ISIS is supported by some powerful countries, and if we want to do something for Imam Hussein , we should write the real face of these courtiers via internet ,and other soft wares .
Nowaday people of the world have less peace and calm ,because they made a distance between God and their soul. it is said “The nearer the soul is to God, the less its ,since the point nearest the circle is subject to least motion disturbances”
And this is what our prophet (PBUH) said about Imam Hussein “Hossein is the light of guidance and the rescue ship”

All the best
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Just for you!

Post by behnam »

This beautiful image is put here just for you!

All the best,
Behnam, 23 October, 2015

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

This is just for you too!

Post by behnam »

You deserve to look at this beautiful image with your beautiful eyes! Just for you!

All the best,
Behnam, 23 October, 2015

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Imam Hussein(PBUH); The Pattern of Noble people!

Post by behnam »

الگوي هر آزاده‌اي اي حسين جانم
در راه حق جان داده‌اي اي حسين جانم

Imam Hussein is the pattern of every noble person in the world. Imam Hussein is the symbol of every free person in the world. He gave himself, his families and relatives in the way of rightness! He sacrificed himself, his families and his relatives and companies to teach human beings how to live in a right way. He didn't agree with the illegal government and king of his era, and didn't follow them, because they were against God. He sacrificed himself for his beliefs. He is really the pattern of not only Shiite, but also all noble people at all eras!

I love Imam Hussein very much. To prove my life, I am trying to smell, at least a little bit like him. We should know, love without practical actions is just a useless feeling. If we love someone, we must be in his/her orbit to turn around him/her. Turning around someone is following his/her lifestyle as much as we can! This is the meaning of love in my book!

All the best,
Behnam, 23 October, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
LeeWooseok

Post by LeeWooseok »

Hello, friends.
How was your day?
I have done my mid-term exam well and came back to my routine with this weekend. For a moment with this weekend, I will put my works, assignments aside. I am curious for your days.

In Korea, recently, making history textbook to be under the government administration to national textbook is main issue. I would like to hear your opinions about what is the right thing to do?

Thank you very much.
I hope for all of you to spend nice days!

Lee, Wooseok.
arsalanadz

Hello Hello Hello .... ;) !!!

Post by arsalanadz »

Hi to everyone in this beautiful thread , I would love to introduce myself at first because it's my first post and except Behnam and Hurieh no one else know me here, Well I'm Arsalan from Iran , Single and 26 years old , I found this tread about couple of weeks ago , When i saw the first post which Behnam introduced himself and wrote about his passions , i thought " Oh another Iranian who is trying to learn English in one corner of this virtual world ",But when i saw the date and noticed that it belong to 3 years ago ,I said definitely this is too old and probably its not active now and i should leave , But when i came to 136 page i was amazed that this guy is still writing and in this period of time his writing ability become awesome although this tread become more active rather than before then i have decided to participate here as a child writer with lots of weakness in writing Skill , As concern to my point i prefer to talk instead of writing, as in my PM to Hurieh and my discussion with Behnam in Skype , I'm a crazy Skyper who use Skype before buying Skype by Microsoft ,But now i think writing is also interesting , I'll try to write more and more to get better at writing .

Always want peace and calm for every human in this planet , Wish you all the best in your journey of this beautiful life , In Last but not least i want to share one of my quote about life hope you guys like it .
Life is beautiful if we want

(If there any suggestion for better writing , i will warmly appreciate them )

Arsalan Baluch
24 Oct 2015
laiyaYOYO

Post by laiyaYOYO »

I have learned.Nice sujet...
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Welcome Arsalan!

Post by behnam »

Hi Arsalan,

Welcome to this thread. Thank you for joining us. Your English is excellent. You can be an effective member of this thread by sharing your English-learning experiences. Sorry to be late in replying. I was in Tabriz. I hadn't got access to the Internet.

Thank you for saying positive things about thread. That's very kind of you. Please do not hesitate to put posts in this place.

I hope to hear more from you.

All the best,
Behnam, 27 October, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Tabriz!

Post by behnam »

Hi friends,

On last Monday, I was in Tabriz. I had a meeting with my supervisor, a very good professor at Quantum Optics.

According to the recent report of the UN, Tabriz is the best city in Iran. In terms of beauty, civilization, atmosphere, architect, culture, industry, foods, etc.Tabriz ranks first in Iran. I personally was born and grow up in Tehran, but Tabriz is really a different city. I feel its differences as long as I enter its rail station. In Tabriz, one can easily sees the differences from other cities. I've been to many cities in Iran. I've visited Shiraz, Isfahan, Mashhad, etc., but they are not comparable with Tabriz. This is not what I say. This is said by the UN!

It is worth visiting this city.

All the best,
Behnam, 29 October, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

A point!

Post by behnam »

Hi friends,

How are you? I hope you are all fine.

Most of the time, the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. What should we do then? We should cut our coat according to our cloth! :lol: :lol: {-: :lol: :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 30 October, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
JasleenKaur

Post by JasleenKaur »

Hi, Anyone can help me with grammar and punctuation ?
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: A point!

Post by Mohsen »

behnam wrote:Hi friends,

How are you? I hope you are all fine.

Most of the time, the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. What should we do then? We should cut our coat according to our cloth! :lol: :lol: {-: :lol: :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 30 October, 2015

Hi Behnam,

Hope you are well and enjoy the nice rainy days , It is 10 in the morning , I did some exercises in the park at morning in the park under the gentle rain.It increase my energy and morale, then came back home to eat my favorite breakfast which is a big lamb tongue with lamb brain which cooked together , first I make a Tileet , cut the bread in small pieces ,put them in a bowl full of soup, squeeze a fresh lemon on the soup and then attack to eat, I think it is useful to adjust the flesh to spirit willing ,you can try it , it is Azarbiajan traditional dish. :lol: :lol: :lol: .Some people check the cow’s tail , if you dare not to be attacked by Indian Cow worshipper {-; {-;

Have a great weekend
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Pomegranate!

Post by behnam »

Hi friends,

Yesterday, I bought some Pomegranate. They were sweet, red and watery. It is not easy to buy Pomegranate with the whole necessary quantities such as dark red colour, sweetness and a lot of water! Today, I went to the same shop and bought 25Kilograms Pomegranate. In fact, I bought all Pomegranate in the shop! :lol: :lol: :lol: {-: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 30 October, 2015

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

JasleenKaur wrote:Hi, Anyone can help me with grammar and punctuation?
Hi,

I am ready to help you. Just let me know how I can help you? Put your questions in this place. I will try my best to answer them. Helping you will improve my skills in English.

Hope to here from you soon.

All the best,
Behnam, 30 October, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Yazdi Cake!

Post by behnam »

Hi Hurieh,

How are you dear? I hope you are great. I've missed you very much. Your name is associated with Yazdi cake. I love drinking tea with Yazdi Cake. Yesterday, I bought some Cake Yazdi, only to remember you. A few minutes ago, I brought a mug of tea and some cake Yazdi. There are on my table in front of me now.

I am waiting for your posts impatiently.

All the best,
Behnam, 30 October, 2015

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
setareh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Welcome

Post by setareh »

dear Arsalan, welcome to this wonderful thread. I am somehow new here; when i joined this amazing group every welcome from the members here made me so happy or better to say made me feel at home. :-D All of our friends here like dear Behnam, Mohsen, Hurieh, Elham and so many others are so great at writing. I didn't have so much experience at writing and it was kind of difficult for me to write, but joining this wonderful group has helped me a lot. Now i actually love to write. I also love speaking and i like to speak English fluently.
we are all looking forward to reading more from you.
I wish you all the best,
Setareh ( Zivar)
Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Thanks for your tasty post!

Post by Hurieh »

Dear Behnam,

I have no word to sincerely thank you for your kindness and consideration. Thank you very much for your tasty post. It was a great surprise. It left sweet taste in my mouth.

Dear Behnam, I also like cake Yazdi. I wonder if it has the same taste you have experienced. You know, cake Yazdi which is being baked here has pleasing fragrance and smell of rose water. I love it only because of its fragrance. Anyway, I hope it will bring smile on your face when you are eating cake Yazdi.

Meanwhile, thank you very much for sharing the picture of pomegranate with us. I really love the red color of pomegranate. You know, I usually play with fruits and smell them before putting them in my mouth. I love the smell of fruits, especially those which have nice fragrance such as apple, quince, lemon, and so on.

Last week we were invited to a beautiful village far away from Yazd by some relatives of ours. After taking part in Imam Hosein’s (PBUH) mourning, we went to their garden which had several pomegranate trees. …You probably know how much I love nature and natural things. There was a nice narrow stream there flowing under trees, an old castle on top of a hill near the garden, AND THE MAGNIFICENT VIEW OF SUNSET…WOW… We sat in the shade of trees, ate some pomegranate (you can’t imagine how enjoyable it is when you pick up a fruit from a tree yourself, and eat it there in nature), and took several team photos. I enjoyed that small but beautiful garden fully. I wish I could take that beautiful garden and spectacular view of sunset to Yazd. We headed toward our home at late evening while I was feeling as if I have left a piece of my heart there.

Regards,
Hurieh
Oct 30th/ 2015
Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Welcome!

Post by Hurieh »

Dear Arsalan, hello

Welcome to this beautiful thread once again. It’s nice to have another dedicated member with us.

It’s exactly one year and two months that I’ve been here in EC. I’m really grateful to dear Behnam as the founder of this wonderful place. Without doubt, I’m deeply indebted to him for every single thing he has taught me. I also appreciate other friends here for making this thread a beautiful place to be in.

We have lost count of the number of people came here and left posts. But, the number of whom they are still active and loyal to this circle is countable. Hope you’ll enjoy being here as much as I am.

Regards,
Hurieh
Oct 30th/ 2015