EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Mohsen » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:17 pm

Hi Friends,
Once a ship got caught in a violent storm. It wreaked havoc and the waves cast its wrecks on the sands of the shore. Among them was a sailor who lay senseless on the beach. When he came to his senses, he cursed the sea saying, "The Sea is a cheat indeed. It attracts people with its cool and calm waters and once they are in its grip, it turns furious and destroys them."

Hearing his reproach, the sea felt pinched. But it didn't want to trouble the sailor anymore. So, it came to the sailor in form of a damsel.

"Who are you, O lovely lady?" asked the sailor.

"I am the sea and am as lovely as you see me now. You are blaming me for the wreck but it isn't just." Surprised, the sailor asked, "Who is just then?"

The sea urged, "The wreck was caused by the cruel winds that blew into gusts and gales over me and created stormy waves in my calm waters."

The sailor had nothing to say except feeling sorry for blaming the sea.

Almost all unhappiness in life comes from the tendency to blame someone else. - Brian Tracey

Are the Dzhokar Tsarnaev and Tamerlan Tsarnaev reponsible for Boston explosion .
They were from USA , originally they were from Chechen, They had no interest in Islam ,the had no faith, the were good cases for doing a new plan and making a new story against Muslims.

What people do for money ,when their minds washed by Zionists.
Are the USA people believe what the USA media are telling them !!!!

Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby Mohsen » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:41 pm

Hi Friends,
I heared the voice of their mother from the news, she claimed that her childern were under the FBI control for many years, they couldn't even take one step without police eyes.
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby naseh » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:16 am

Hi Dr. Behnam:

You news regarding being the forth among 300 students was for me another Iranian quake.
I think the quake came just as a result of the that news. Earthquakes come because of reasons. so, that news was another quake and made me instead of asking about your live to write to congratulate you!

Dear Dr., Forgive me for my late responses. I have tried many times to post here and suddenly fail. I don't know why?

Please accecpt my latest congrats on the occasion of your success! I kept it late on purpose. I want you to feel that your success is our success as a whole Ummah. You know what? If I was about to congratulate you with people, may be you will be happy for some moments then you will forget your great success. But I want you to stay feeling it longer and know that people are proud of your great achievement!

God bless you,
Naseh
naseh

Postby Elham » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:27 pm

Defensive

If someone is defensive, the person feels criticized and quickly tries to explain.

Example:

Don't be defensive; I just asked why you didn't vote!
Elham
Gold Member

8 Qualities of Successful Person

Postby behnam » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:25 am

8 Qualities of Successful Person

1. Burning Desire
The motivation to succeed comes from the burning desire to achieve a purpose. Napoleon Hill wrote, "Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve." A burning desire is the starting point of all accomplishment. Just like a small fire cannot give much heat, a weak desire cannot produce great results.

2. Commitment
Integrity and wisdom are the two pillars on which to build and keep commitments. This point is best illustrated by the manager who told one of his staff members, "Integrity is keeping your commitment even if you lose money and wisdom is not to make such foolish commitments."

3. Responsibility
People with character accept responsibilities. They make decisions and determine their own destiny in life. Accepting responsibilities involves taking risks and being accountable which is sometimes uncomfortable.Responsible people don't think that the world owes them a living.

4. Hard work
Success is not something that you run into by accident. It takes a lot of preparation and character. Everyone likes to win but how many are willing to put in the effort and lime to prepare to win? It takes sacrifice and self-discipline. There is no substitute for hard work.

5. Character
Character is the sum total of a person's values, beliefs and personality. It is reflected in our behavior, in our actions. It needs to be preserved more than the richest jewel in the world. To be a winner takes character. George Washington said, "I hope I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most valuable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

6. Positive believing/Thinking
Positive believing is a lot more than positive thinking. It is having a reason to believe that positive thinking will work. Positive believing is an attitude of confidence that comes with preparation. Having a positive attitude without making the effort is nothing more than having a wishful dream.

7. The Power of persistence
The journey to being your best is not easy. It is full of setbacks. Winners have the ability to overcome.Persistence means commitment and determination. There is pleasure in endurance. Commitment and persistence is a decision. Athletes put in years of practice for a few seconds or minutes of performance.
Persistence is a decision. It is a commitment to finish what you start. When we are exhausted, quitting, looks good. But winners endure. Ask a winning athlete. He endures pain and finishes what he started. Lots of failures have begun well but have not concluded anything. Persistence comes from purpose. Life without purpose is drifting. A person who has no purpose will never persevere and will never be fulfilled.

8. Pride of performance
In today's world, pride in performance has fallen by the wayside because it requires effort and hard work. However, nothing happens unless it is made to happen. When one is discouraged, it is easy to look for shortcuts. However these should be avoided no matter how great the temptation. Pride comes from within, which is what gives the winning edge.
Pride of performance does not represent ego. It represents pleasure with humility.

The quality of the work and the quality and the worker are inseparable. Half-hearted effort does not produce half results; it produces no results.
Excellence comes when the performer takes pride in doing his best. Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it, regardless of what the job is, whether washing cars, sweeping the floor or painting a house.

All the best,
Behnam, 26 April, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby Maniya » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:27 am

hi Behnam.
I want to know In English, what was the secret to your success? :~:
You are fluent in English so good. {-:
I really can not speak English in public. :oops:
a flower is beautifull for a day
but love a beautifull flower for ever
Maniya
Silver Member

Welcome Maniya

Postby behnam » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:42 am

Hi Maniya,

First of all, I'd like to say a warm welcome to you. Welcome to this thread! Thank you for joining us.

You've considered me a successful person in English, and you've said that my English is fluent! Thank you very much for paying some nice compliments. That's very kind and generous of you. However, I am an English learner. My English is neither good nor bad. I just can pull my own weigh! In chat rooms, I have no difficulty in making conversation with people, but I am not fluent at speaking.

About six years ago, when I started to learn the English language seriously, some friends of me used to ask me for the goal of learning English. They used to ask, "Behnam, what's your ultimate goal of learning English?" Once I answered, "A good action doesn't need any motivation or goal. It is a goal itself."

I planted a tree 6 years ago. I've been watering it(looking after it) for 6 years. I can easily say that at least 4 hours a day I've practised different English skills; listening, speaking, reading, and writing. I took every single opportunity to improve my skills and abilities in English. I spent a lot of money, energy, time on it. Some people wrongly think that learning English is easy. On TV, for example, sometimes I see some funny advertisements claiming to to teach English(the to learn it) in 10 sessions, in one month! I often laugh at those advertisements and at people who believe such ridiculous things. Learning a new language is a lifelong process.

After 6 years, in PhD entrance exam, I picked the fruits of that tree! People who are learning a new language must be patient. I believe patience is one of the most important factors in achieving our goals. Obviously, patience plus hard working result in success. Some people are patient, but do nothing. Therefore, it is necessary to be determined, patient and hard working when learning English.

In order to speak in public places, you need to have self confidence. Being confident about your ability is extremely important. Try it, little by little you will gain enough self confidence to speak in public. Don't worry about making mistakes. Even native speakers make mistakes. Try to learn from your mistakes. If we don't make mistakes, we learn nothing.

I have to leave right now. I will write about this topic again.

Please write more about yourself.

All the best,
Behnam, 27 April, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Hiiii Mohsen

Postby Kamelia » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:18 pm

How are you doing? I hope everything is going on very well with you and your lovely family.
Oh come on! You do not mean that you were provoking me to prove you THAT! LOOL

Anyhow, you succeeded, what comes next? :-D You did me the favor to put more time and write more often, half kidding actually :-D Since I am a bit freer in this time of the year so...

Never mind about Muses stuff, so let's seeeee....your house was quite a dreamy old one! An old mansion with arch roofs and so on :-o that must have been so interesting for you as a a child to wonder and search about the house. I am thinking that children in those eras (not that you are an old man, in no sense :-D ) had much more fun because everything they needed as to serve their curious consciences were already provided by the lovely big house :-D

Thank you so much for telling me about it. You know what made me ask you that? In the Noruz Holidays that we just passed I used to watch documentaries about Persian ancient styles of houses with the gorgeously beautiful architectural design then I kept wondering who could I ask more about it. Oh and most of the houses belonged to Esfahan, Yazd and Shiraz!

So thank you again for making time to write to me about it,

Hope to read from you so soon,
Kamelia
Silver Member

Postby naseh » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:41 pm

Hi friends,
How are you all? I have to tell about something very important for me and you . Of course, it means I need your help.

This is to let you know, I am going to present my presentation at the college tomorrow morning . My university subject's name is "Practical Research Methods. "

In this subject, our Dr. choose a topic for every student. Then, according to the time and the day you have chosen, you have to stand to perform your topic in front of your doctor and the whole class and according to your performance you can get your marks .

My topic for Monday is about "Participant Observation. " It is very short. but very important for every researcher. It is of two parts, the first one is direct observation. and the second is participant observation.

Participant observation is of two types: openly and secretly participation.

I want your opinions about this topic. It does not matter what it is, just write something you know about the topic .Also, I want to hear those graduated students who have well knowledge and enough experience.

I have gathered enough information and many videos as an example for these two types of observation. One is about an American citizen who have been in Yemen for long time. He is studying Arabic language. He is an example of participant observation who tried to immerse himself in the Yemeni society to know more about their behaviours, habits, and customs. He has entered Islam. But it is indicated from his speech that he is doing a secret research.
The second video is about a British citizen. An Arabic Tv have met him at the street of Old Sanaa. He was chewing Qat as yemenis do. He speaks Arabic good. He is an example of direct observation because he is a joournalist. and trying to gather news. Therefore, no need to immerse him sled in the Yemeni society . I was shocked when I saw this video. This British man was my friend. I have met him alot during the first days of Yemeni revolution. He is a journalist. He worked as an editor for a local English newspaper, Yemen Times, and at the same time was working for the British newspaper, the guardian. His name is Tom Finn.
I hope I can hear from you so soon so that you can enrich my topic. I am going to write to you as soon as I finish my presentation and get access to internet.

Yours,
Naseh
naseh

Postby Maniya » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:17 am

good for you Behnam.
I try to speak English and use it in every day conversation but so difficult when you are not in enviroment .because of that You forget so easy.
for example I have a lot of problem in my grammer and I need someone to correct my mistakes Just do not look at me.
I start learning English about two years ago when I was 16.(Safir Language Academic)
my father is upset that I can not speak English during these two years.
It is close to the June exams and this year I have a university entrance exam.
My mind is too involved and I do not know what to do.
:oops: }:
a flower is beautifull for a day
but love a beautifull flower for ever
Maniya
Silver Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion