EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Merry Christmas!

Postby behnam » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:09 am

Hi to all,

In this cold weather, feeling nostalgic about the old days, missing my friends and their words, although I am early, I may not have the chance to say 'Merry Christmas' to my Christian friends at the right time. Therefore, I'd like to take this opportunity to say a warm 'Merry Christmas' to the people who celebrate the birth of Jesus(PBUH)! I'd like to say 'Happy New Year' to you too. I hope 2014 will bring more peace, success, happiness, and prosperity to all people in all over the world.

All the best,
Behnam, 17 December, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

I pray for you all the time!

Postby behnam » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:26 am

Hi Mohsen,

How are you? I hope you are fine. I didn't know you are in love with that lady. If I had known, I'd have prayed for you.

You are lucky Mohsen since your heart-taker, in-love-maker, beloved angel, sweet soul-mate is neither Christian nor in Rome! You don't need to take a great effort to hammer the nail of Islam, since the land is so close to you and ready to reap! The only thing you need is some courage or bravery.

I still don't know what deviation is and how you are going to prevent her from deviation. Would you mind explaining more?

All the best,
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Welcome Back!

Postby behnam » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:10 pm

Hi Moroo,

Welcome back! How is life there? I hope all is going well with you. Thank you for your posts.

Life has become too complicated to live! In comparison with the past, women have more freedom and liberty. They have improved their general knowledge and have received their degrees from universities. They have participated in many social activities and work market. However, something is wrong! I believe there is something wrong with people!

First, we should keep in mind that for some people knowing something is more dangerous than being ignorant about it. Women know many things, but those things aren't useful for them. They know how to work, how to drive, how to earn money, how to design, etc. but they have less necessary skills.

From the time I have seen the world around myself, my parents have been working shoulder-to-shoulder. Well, there are some chores that my mother is more skillful and good at. For example, my mother cooks much better than my father, so she seldom wants my father to cook. She doesn't need my father to prove his love by cooking. He has proven his pure love in other areas of life.

On the other hand, my father is very good at doing the shopping. Therefore, he does it almost all the time.

Old couples are happier than young ones, since they are more sincere and honest with each other. However, young couples don't believe each other. They must prove themselves! How? One way for men to prove themselves is being a yes-man! Amazingly, husbands have to prove themselves to their wives; wives don't need to prove themselves to their husbands.

It is a fact that men and women are different. Wise couples respect the differences. However, those differences cause fool couples either compete or fight with each other. You cannot expect a bull to give milk, similarly, you cannot expect a cow to reap farms! Everything has got its special talents, abilities, and capabilities.

I don't oppose working at home and helping my wife, but these things can never make me a good husband. I have to take responsibilities and try in other areas of life.

All the best,
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Correction!

Postby behnam » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:21 pm

Hi friends,

I've got nothing to do, nowhere to go, tired and bored, killing time! Writing is the only soothing thing. Sometimes, I think of writing a book, but I don't know in which field the book should be written, about Physics or something general. I wish you could help me with choosing a subject for writing.

Today, 2 friends of mine separately came to my office and asked me for solutions to some problems about Modern Physics and Quantum Mechanics. I solved the problems perfectly and explained the solutions understandably. One of them was in my office for about 2 hours. We discussed many physical phenomena. He said, 'Behnam, why don't you write a book? You think differently and look at things from different angels. I am sure many students will pray for you after reading your down-to-earth way of describing things." I laughed at him and said, "Come on man! Physics is an isolated area in the Third World." I added something to give a reason for my opinion but I'd rather not write it here! :lol:

Oh, I forgot to say that the main reason for writing this post is correcting a big mistake which is made in my previous post.
behnam wrote:You cannot expect a bull to give milk, similarly, you cannot expect a cow to reap farms!

Although surely you have understood what is meant by this sentence, it is unusual and meaningless, because 'REAP' is used incorrectly. It must be 'PLOUGH' which is done by oxen! Therefore, the sentence must be 'You cannot expect an ox to give milk, similarly, you cannot expect a cow to plough the field'. :lol:

My final point for today is challenging: Loneliness and singlism are threatening humanity in this century. The role of women in coping with these disastrous problems; which are both the products of Capitalism is crucially important, is crucially important. What is the solution? Following the instructions of God in the Holy Koran. What? Allowing men to have more than one wife! :lol: :lol: :lol:
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Correction Again!:)

Postby behnam » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:46 pm

Hi again,

If you look for an excuse to write a post just follow my strategy: Make some mistakes in one post and correct your mistakes in another one!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
behnam wrote:We discussed many physical phenomena. He said, 'Behnam, why don't you write a book? You think differently and look at things from different angels.

It must be angles not 'angels', but that's funny to look at things of different angels!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was in a hurry when writing the previous post in my office. Actually, a friend of mine was waiting for me at the door. We had to attend at a meeting. I lost my concentration because he kept saying, "Behnam, hurry up, Behnam we are late!" That's why I forgot to write my famous 'All the best, Behnam, ..... {-; '! By the way, 'Crucially important' is repeated unwillingly. Sorry for making many mistakes. I apologize! Honestly speaking, they(mistakes) provide me with an excuse to write. :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 18 December, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Mohsen » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:33 am

Hi Moroo,

I agree with you about helping your wife in the house affairs, when there is love between couples, they try to treat kindly, overtake each other to settle down the house and help more, the house is not a battle ground, it is a love ground.

I also agree with Behnam's idea that woman and man have some skills in different aspects of life. so the works should be totally divided between them according to the skills , the nature of woman heart is more tender than man,so the child is more calm in her mother 's arm, especially when she milks.But the couple's life should not be divided between lines and duties; we are not living in police station or a work place. The regulations in house is flexible ,there are much possibilities for the both sides to help each other.

I generally don't agree that woman works outside. Unfortunately most of jobs have been recently captured by woman in our society , and women believes that it is the women progress while it is a reactionary idea ,what make our society close to west systems is regression not progress.

All the best ,
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby Mohsen » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:40 am

Hi behnam,

Thanks for your congratulation message to Christians for Christmas. Because there is no one in the this forum, I thanks behalf of them. Luckily the Yalda night is in front of us , and we should be ready for the longest night of the year.

The shops are overflowed with different fruits, candies and meats . Fortunately the watermelons are cheaper than last year, in my city the price is between 400 to 600 Toman/kgs ( about one sixth of dollar) , I bought a box of orange ( 20 Kgs) 1800 Toman/kgs which has wonderful taste , juicy and thin skin . It was called Birjandi orange, of course I bought it directly from main distributer in vegetable mall, so the price is cheaper than usual one.

Something wrong about the women who lost her husband is loyalty . It is said that a good woman and loyal woman is the one who doesn't marry again ,if she lose her husband in an accident.
The woman should kill her wishes,sexall passions because of a wrong culture ( the people and relative talks and gossips).This is the deviation risks

One the staffs in my work place lost his wife because of cancer , he remarried with a girl after passing 30 day from death of his late wife . Many people cursed him , because he was expected at to waited at least for 40 days . because 40 days ceremony is current in our society . but he bravery did his marriage and claimed that it was difficult for him not to arm a girl in bed ,even for one night.

All the best
Mohsen
[/color][/color]
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby [amal] » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:41 am

Hi Behnam,

I want to wish you a happy birthday my great friend, I really don't know how the life would be without you, you've lightened my life and for sure other friends' lives!
I know it's still early but I want to be the first person who says that to you! {-;

Dear, sorry about my late reply, I wanted to write one long time ago but sadly because the electricity is off most of the time, I delayed the matter. :-(

However, finally today I decided to write something. Since I hate to let you waiting and maybe it would make me relax and let me forget the war which is going between my mind and heart! I thought this war will end today and I will be able to write with a clear mind but sadly it didn't! Uh! :-(
I just chose to rely on god!

By the way your challenge point is really important and it should be discussed seriously...

I think the lack of loyalty and trust are the main factors in this problem. If men and women were faithful to each other, the society would be healthy.

Another factor should be considered too is the high dowry, which girls' families always care about without any understanding of the circumstances of young people!

The girls' families think that they are protecting their daughters but they don't know that they are ,on the same hand, reducing her chances of getting married!
Our prophet Mohamad said:
اذا اتاكم
من ترضون دينه و خلقه فزوجوه الا تفعلو تكن فتنة في
الارض

In result, our "dimension of religion?" is an important reason for this phenomenon..
In my idea if girls' families started to follow our prophet's rule and started to understand and help young men, their girls' lives would be much happier and that would increase their chances of getting married...

In fact, what attracted me is your solution! Dear, don't you think that god has allowed men to marry more than once, without any conditions or controls?!

I mean there should be some reasons for them to remarry, what if their wives were perfect?! what if the men weren't able to justice?! don't you think that would cost more problems and invalidate the requirement of marriage more than once?!

For me, as I told you before, I don't have any problems with being single but I hate it when someone enters my life and starts playing with my feelings and thoughts and let me think of the whole marriage matter again!!! :roll:

Let me stop talking about this subject now and start with another one...

You said that you that you watch Press TV when the chance is possible, believe it or not, I also used to watch it in the past too! Their English is very clear so I took it as a way to improve mine!

However, after a while I became very sensitive and the news started to make a big harm to me since it's speaking about my beloved country and the situation here.

It's really something dramatical to watch the people who you used to live with are killed and the places which you used to go are destroyed! Meanwhile, you can do nothing! It really breaks my heart! :cry: :cry:

Then, I dislike the way which the media is dealing with our matter.
For exa, they just focus on the things which serve their OWN benefits not Syrian people's benefits!

On the other hand, I think that whatever is shown on TV is meaningless. Since it change nothing and it doesn't effect on decision makers, so what's the point of hearing it?! Decision makers are happy with what's happening here and I don't think that they want to end it.
Therefore, I don't have much hope on the conference in Geneva!

Anyway, May god be with us.

Best wishes,
Amal
[amal]
Gold Member

The Smell of Love! (Part One)

Postby behnam » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:19 am

Hi Amal,

You cannot imagine how happy I became when I saw your post. It made me extremely happy. Thank you very much for participating in reading the posts and posting your views in the thread. You have proved that you are a sincere person. You have kept the contact with the thread for years. This is very valuable. Thank you very much indeed.

One of the things we all need is stability. In particular, stability in friendship brings comfort to us. Some people are unpredictable and fickle. No matter they are friends, lovers, husbands or wives, etc. they are always unpredictable. Sometimes, they are too much hot in a way that their hotness burns you. Sometimes they are frigid in a way that their coldness freezes you! People who are fluctuating between the maximum and the minimum cannot be successful at all. 'Love me little, but love me long' is an appropriate saying for this discussion.

Another thing we all need is tolerance. If we want to live on the Earth together, we have to tolerate each other. We are absolutely different. We have got different cultures, beliefs, religions, values, tastes, ideas, opinions, field of views, philosophies, etc. These differences are really beautiful. They seem amazing if we look on the bright side of them. They beautifully show the high capability of humanity.

I was taking part in a course at my workplace. It was about management skills. At the beginning the professor, who has a degree in the humanities, asked a very good question. "According to Islam, for everything, a relevant donation( زکات) is considered. For example, the donation
of knowledge is spreading(teaching) it", he said and then asked, "what is the donation of wisdom(العقل)?" Everybody said something, but nobody could give the right answer. He himself wrote on the board while he was saying, "قال علی (ع): زکات العقل تحمل الجاهل"[Imam Ali(PBUH) has said, "Tolerating fools is the donation of wisdom"] . We got surprised. We all found that saying wonderful.

Wise people have to tolerate fools, although it is too difficult to tolerate them. However, this seems to be impossible when close friendship or particular relationship such as marriage comes to considering. Men and women have got different levels of wisdom, knowledge, intelligence, talents, skills, abilities, capabilities, etc. When making friends, getting married, establishing a relationship, etc. we must take these factors into account, otherwise sooner or later we will meet the failure in the life.

Let's assume that an educated lady(these days in Iran, if you randomly point at a girl in the street, she will have at least a BSc or BA degree) has married to a man with a lower level of degree in terms of education. What would happen to her marital life if she kept comparing her degree with her husband's degree? Suppose the lady is a very obedient and kind person, but the man is brutal, how could the lady tolerate such cruelty and violence? Why should she do that? These things make life complicated and unbearable. That's why Islam has strictly recommended that couples should be at the same level of wisdom, knowledge, wealth, etc.

What am I saying? I guess I have digressed! :lol: :lol: :lol: Well, we are human beings and the Earth is the only place for us to live. There is no mankind on the other planets. Therefore, neither can we send or fools to, for instance, Mars nor we can bring some proper people to keep the balance between the fool and the wise in the societies. What can we do?

Justice is the key. If justice goes out from the window, misery will come in from the door! How can we bring justice to a society? I don't know how, I'd rather not discuss, but I am sure Capitalism isn't a proper ideology. Why? Because it widens the gap between the poor and the rich. What happens then? This is the first step of misery. This will bring other complicated problems that we are all facing with in the world now. A society may claim it is governed by Islamic rule, but it spreads Capitalism practically. Actions speak louder than words.

I agree with you that TV channels are following their own benefits. This is the rule. In addition to that, there is a world difference between speaking about something-which TV channels often do-and the facts which are going on in a society. But, honestly speaking, Syria's conflict makes me sad and disappointed. We should all know that this conflict is, on the one hand, a result of laziness, naivety, timidity, and silliness. On the other hand, it is one of the products of fundamentalism and foolishness. Syrian people MUST wake up and find a way themselves!

About 'dowry', I didn't get your point. In Iran, girls' families give property or money to boys when they marry. This is ridiculous and insulting. I disagree with this traditional custom. For more details, you can ask our expert Mohsen. I am sure he knows the philosophy behind 'dowry'. I personally think it is unreasonable to bring up a beautiful girl for many years and provide her with property or money and finally give her to a boy...! Why? To make her feel like a mother? To keep the generation going? I don't know! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Will be Continued!

ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

The Smell of Love! (Part Two)

Postby behnam » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:20 am

About loyalty, let me say bravely and safely that you cannot find even one loyal man in the world. Loyalty is against men's nature. Forget those candy-coated words that men often say to their lovers. It is one of the rules in the game which is called life! How can you expect someone not to eat anything when s/he has got stomach? :lol: Women should understand that men are totally different from them. They must be different. Nothing is wrong with those differences.

Men fool women and women fool men! This is a historical game. Let's not fantasize about love and lovers. Love is a feeling to fool people into marrying and starting families. This beautiful word is invited to be said in order to fulfill our needs. Necessity is the mother of invention. :lol: From the beginning of the history men have learned they must lie in order to get closer to women. If they said, "I've got something, and you've got something else. These complete each other. In other words, I need yours, you need mine. Let's ...!", :lol: certainly women wouldn't agree. Men might have to apply force to fulfill their needs. Some men might use force to get what they needed, but little by little they have learned to pursue a different strategy in order to derive much pleasure from women! Therefore, they have put their heads together and invited 'love'. Instead of saying directly what you want or revealing your needs, it is better to coat your intention with sugar or some sweet substance to tame women! 'I love you' is a powerful sentence! Some naughty advisers advise people to learn 'I love you' in different languages. Well, this is a useful tool for people who want to taste different... Different what? I don't know... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you for reading.

All the best,
Behnam, 20 December, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion