EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby [amal] » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:28 am

Hi dear Elham,

How are you?

Happy to see you here and happy to read your words... It has been a long time since we chatted together, I really miss you and miss our old relationship.. I don't know what happened but I know that we still care and love each other!
I even don't know if you wrote some off msgs to me but if you did, I got nothing! :-x :-(

Dear, today, I feel that I want to write something to you, I don't care about what I going to write or if it was connected to each other or to the subjects which you wrote or not, I will just write what comes to my mind, so forgive me it you get nothing. :lol:

First of all, let me tell you about my days and my life. The electricity was off for days, it's like heaven here, right?! :-|

I feel that I am not alive! I feel that there is nothing interesting in this world so I just sleep, I don't want to wake up to do nothing!!!! What a waste of time! :-(

I agree with your idea about LOVE. I especially liked this sentence "Love is beautiful and makes life worth to live".

in fact love is something great and it's a mercy from god, it shows the best in people. But, sadly, Human beings spoiled it and changed its meaning and started to foolish each other under the name of "love"!

Emm, I still believe that there is pure love which isn't just for having babies or to make men and women have s.. No, but just some pure feelings and emotions..

However, it need two pure lovable hearts not like love these days when someone loves too much and the other loves too little.

About giving our opinion or judge about things, I think that people judge about sth from there point of view or what they are interested in and it doesn't matter if they are experts or not..

Above that, we should consider the aim behind watching a movie or reading a book..
For example, someone would watch a movie to have fun so they can judge if the movie was funny or not. Meanwhile, another person is watching it to have romance feelings so they judge it if it was romantic, and so on..

Last week while chatting with some friends, they recommended an

historical series to me and said that it is a very good one. However, I told them that I am not interested in historical series so I wont watch such thing no matter how much people say that it was good..

In other words and to make my words clear, that judgment isn't an absolute thing, it's change from person to person according to their culture and interests...

Oh Dear, I read your and Behnam's posts', I really envy you! I wish I could be with you! Although neither my accent is good nor my English! :-( BUT! Hearing your voice and chatting with you both!! Ohhh my god!!!! It would be the best thing ever happen to me!

I hope to read from you soon.

Best wishes,
Amal
[amal]
Gold Member

Postby [amal] » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:39 am

Hi Shahrubanu,

How are you?

Happy new year to you. Sorry for being late in reply, please forgive me!
I really love your friendship too and hope to read more from you, you don't believe how much hearing your voice and chatting with you on Skype made me happy!

Dear, I had the same experience as you with the private school, it really takes the person's time and life. It takes you from the people you love.. Sadly, this is life and we should tolerate it. Wish you the best with your work and inshallah you will get the job you wish one soon...

Thanks for your post.

Best wishes,
Amal
[amal]
Gold Member

Postby [amal] » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:44 am

Hi Mohsen, Moroo and Behnam,

How are you?

Thanks a lot for your posts, I really enjoyed reading them. I promise you to write a reply sooooooooooon inshallah.

Wish you the best,
Amal
[amal]
Gold Member

Postby mortaza » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:12 pm

Hello my dear friends,

How are you?! It's me! Mortaza! I have not written here for a long time; for one year maybe! But I follow the posts. Every month or so I take a look at the thread. I'm sorry I couldn't be active.

To be honest, I am still afraid of not being able to continue regularly. I will try to write regularly.

Best regrads,
Mortaza
mortaza

I am going to do a PhD!

Postby behnam » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:58 pm

Hi friends,

How are you? I hope you are all well.

Amal: It was very nice reading your posts and hearing about you. I am waiting to read more.

Morteza: Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, you made me really happy. Thank you very much for keeping the contact.

To all friends: Finally, by the grace of God, I got accepted to start a PhD in a city in Azerbaijan province. I love that city, the people, the friendly atmosphere of the university, and above all my subject; Photonics. By God's grace, I am going to overcome all possible difficulties and make a splash in the university.

Tomorrow, I am going to offer my official documents and degree certificates and perform registration procedures. Please pray for me and wish me luck.

All the best,
Behnam, 12 January, 2014
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Postby mortaza » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:34 am

Dear Behnam,

I'm very glad that you are accepted in a Ph.D. program; especially the one that you love! I don't know what Photoncis is, but I can guess it is something about light!! (Am I right?)

I think, for Ph.D. students and researchers to be successful, it is very important not to have issues that cause distraction to them. For example, if one needs to work for hours to make money to resolve his financial problems, then he may have some difficulties to finish his scientific project. To me, teaching is an issue! I need (and have to) teach at least 20 hours a week. This sometimes prevent me to focus on the subject I am researching on.

I know that you will not have any of these issues during your studies, and if you would face a problem, you would overcome it (as you wrote above).

Best regards,
Mortaza
mortaza

He was the leader of a nation who want to follow his legacy

Postby Mohsen » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:03 pm

Apologists will whitewash the blood Ariel Sharon spilled,but I am not {-;

The murderer of thousands innocent civilian people Arial Sharon went into hell , and bring happiness to millions of hearts. But it is really shameful that the head of governments sent messages and expressed their condolences to his family and Israel.

What they want to tell the people of the world, what is hidden in these messages, they want to say that a person who kill thousands of innocent people is a warrior, a messenger of peace, because he has guaranteed our benefits and the human rights should be suffocated in the situations which support our benefit

The head of governments who expressed condolences, exposing their complicity in the crimes of this ~ mass murderer. Supporting Sharon to did his criminal for many years.

Despite of this, what a piece of filth he was that no heads of state dared to attend his funeral.. though there will be a rogues gallery of ex-heads of state,chief amongst them yet to be charged war criminal Tony Blair
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby mortaza » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:13 pm

Dear Mohsen,

How are you my friend? It is a very long time since our last communication! I really miss you.

The story of Palestine and the creation of Israel is very sad. If I am not mistaken, year 1947 is called Nakba by the Arabs. That was the year when Israel came to the existence. I have seen a lot of documentaries related to the history of Palestinian-Israeli conflict. In one movie, particularly, there was an old Jewish woman that claimed the land of Israel (Palestine) is given by God to Jewish. She also argued that because this holy land is originally owned by Jewish, there is no surprise why Arabs have not been successful in making a state on it! She lives in her home made on a high hill. When the reporter asked her why she lives there, she replied controlling high areas makes give them more power to dominate the whole land!

I have no idea how to resolve this problem! I can just hope that one day all Palestinians come back to their home and live with peace.

Best regards,
Mortaza
mortaza

Congratulations

Postby Elham » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:45 pm

Dear Behnam,

I got so happy for you being accepted in PhD exam. :-D :-D :-D
Congratulations on your great success.

Wish you a successful and wonderful future ahead,

Eli
Elham
Gold Member

Postby [amal] » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:48 pm

Hi Mohsen,

How are you? How are your days?

Thanks for your valuable post, it's really interesting and I've understood the matter clearly!

In fact, there are some common things between our tradition and yours. However, what caught my eyes the most is the "pilgrimage to Mecca"!

I wish our Mehr included it, if my husband took me to Mecca, I would never ask him for anything else! :roll: :-D

Dear, I didn't understand this part: "6- The ownership of a house or a part of a house should be officially given to girl."
But why he would give her a house??! And isn't it too expensive? What if the boy himself didn't have a house? Or in other words, he can't afford it?!

What I had understood from Behnam's post that the boys' families give nothing to the girls or only girls' families should give boys dowry to marry their girls! But now I have understood the matter clearly.. I have get that their are two parts and both should give sth.

Above that, if the girls will take a house, it's normal to pay some money for the furniture! isn't it?! :lol: "Just kidding"

In the past and even in other different parts of Syria till now, we have the same customs like you. We have Mehr and Jehas.

But here in Damascus, girls take "Jehas" to their new houses too but not all the item which you recommended in your post, just some clothes and the necessary things for themselves. Emm, meanwhile, all furnitures and kitchen things, the boys' family should bring them..

In my idea, marriage is really something important because it gather two strange families together which have different manners. And the most important thing more than money and material things is to have an agreement between them and between the girl and the boy...

Thanks for reading.

Wish you the best,
Amal
[amal]
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion