EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Mohsen » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:47 pm

Hi Behnam,

How was your exam , I hope you were satisfied with the result .Yes , I agree with you ,motivation is important , it causes that we keep moving ahead .many things can motivate a person , competition , money ,love ,sex, position ,power, inferiority complex .

About football players who use strange style of hair and lot of tattoos what is the motivation. What is the motivation behind the women who use make up and tattoos and show their bodies by wearing of tight dress in the street?

a person who is not beautiful try to use special hear style , I saw a black color football player (negro) who made his hear like a rooster crest in yellow color, and a woman who used as much as make up to look more beautiful, they try to repair their face by these tools

Some people like to be famous , so use special tattoos on skin, there are some crazy people who love ugly things, when a foolish person in another side of the world do something ,it become an style or model or fashion ,so stupid people follow it

Dear Behnam lunacy is ruining the humanity. It is models , wars which are spread in the world ,some seditious activities which spread by some companies like BBC. I was watching BBC today, BBC tries to cheat people by telling fake news about some terrorists in Iraq by calling them Ahle Sunnat . sometime show the fashion design which mostly are made by Jewish designer.

Don’t worry there are many wise people who never be captured by these cultural attack ,although the foolish are most on the screens.

bye
mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Thanks Mohsen!

Postby behnam » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:40 am

Hi Mohsen,

Thank you very much for your post. There are some nice points; motivating actually, in your post. God willing and wife allowing(Hehehehe...), about those points and the exam, I will post a post today!

All the best,
Behnam, 26 June, 2014
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

7 Tips for Peace of Mind

Postby behnam » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:48 am

Hi Friends,

How are you? I hope you are fine. I love the following article. Aside from the inclusion of some useful phrases such as "Social crises, familial crises, lack of trust, loss of respect, ..." the text is handy itself! I hope you'll like it!

7 Tips for Peace of Mind

When you were child you had a pure mind; the mind which was free from worries and anxieties. As the time passed, you were influenced by several social, personal, familial and official crises such as financial complications, broken relationship, lack of trust, joblessness, failure in business, loss of respect and so on. When the mind is stressful, the associated germs of negativity, jealousy and pessimism add fuel to fire and hence your pure mind becomes impure.

These impurities if taken out can bring back the mental purity hence real spirit of joy of childhood can be attained up to an adequate level. Off course you cannot fix all of your problem at once but you can train your mind to develop the skills which can help either bypass or overcome the depressed and tragic situations so as to give you a big time relaxation while you focus on the solution to your problems. Below are some techniques which can be used to combat the peace stealing triggers:

Mind your own business. Yes, please mind your own business. When you start being concerned about things which are not related to you, you lose your grip on your thought process which often results in negativity disturbing the mental peace. Basically, your mind starts wandering here and there. As you know that a non-focused mind is evil's workshop hence the germs of negativity and jealousy gain more strength. So next time an unnecessary thought comes to your mind, think whether this is really something you should be worrying for? If not, shun it right away and focus on something positive, practical and fruitful.

Surround yourself in positive people. Ignore negative comments and stay away from negative souls. When someone is negative, he spreads negativity and you get affected. Permanently staying with such people will have long term impact on your character so think about your company.

Don't think about others too much. Remember the great quote: small minds discuss people; Average minds discuss events; Higher minds discuss ideas and Great minds act in silence. Don't allow your brain to compare yourself to others as this is an insult to yourself. Don't be Jealous; it's a heart killing disease, get rid of it as soon as possible. When you are jealous you focus on finding faults in others even if they don't have. This poisons your soul and steals the mental peace.

You can't keep everyone happy. Don't be over sensitive. Be natural and genuine in what you do. Be positive, constructive and ethical in your deeds and then don't really care too much about others. Be aware, don't apply this formula to too closed relations. Develop trust to establish powerful relationships.

Control your mood swings as it is an indication of unstable personality. Do it by not being over sensitive to others. Stop being reactive and implosive. Stay calm.

Ignore your thoughts about being unlucky. Bad luck happens to everyone. It's not your fault at all. Time whether good or bad, passes quickly. Develop the power of not looking back into your past. Believe in the power of Now. Believe in your skills. Work hard and have faith in God; you will get what you have been entitled for. Be patient and see what God has planned for you. Patience and consistency in your deeds is the key to success.

Simplicity in your character and living style can overcome the stress and improve your happiness index. Don't be socially sensitive and start following every single trend your social circle is following.

With these recommendations, I believe you can bring major changes in your life style hence attain back your mental peace.

All the best,
Behnam, 26 June, 2014
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Exam!

Postby behnam » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:34 am

Hi friends,

How are you? I hope you are fine.

As I'd promised, now I write something about the exam. The subject was 'Quantum Optics' which is one of the two mains subjects in studying Photonics. As you may know, I had to go to Tabriz University to sit for the exam, the great professor was at Tabriz University on Wednesday!

Tabriz is a really beautiful city; beautiful buildings, trees, shopping centers, etc. The weather was nice and the sky was blue. There were no clouds in the sky. The first thing you may notice when putting your feet out of the Railway Station is the colour contrast between the trees in Tehran and Tabriz. There is a big difference between the green we use to describe the colour of trees in Tehran and what it is like in Tabriz! I don't know how to put it; all I am saying is that in Tabriz, the trees were greener and brighter.

Anyway, at 10 o'clock, I was at the professor's office! After greeting, he gave me the questions and some papers. He had to attend at a meeting, so had to leave the office. When he was leaving look what I said: "Dear professor, since I've studied this subject very well, I hope to get the complete mark(20 out of 20)! In order not to be faced with accusation of cheating(using books, and similar things, since the exam was closed-book) please take my briefcase with yourself, or put it somewhere out of the reach of my hand!" The professor got shucked and said, "Come on Mr... I do trust you!"

I insisted on it and he finally took my briefcase and put it on his desk(I had another desk to sit back and to answer the questions).

Fortunately, after the professor leave, some students and another professor came to his office and waited for him! Therefore, I wasn't alone at the office. Although I was the only student-busy with questions-at the office, there were some other people at the office too!

On the question paper, there were 4 questions. Two questions were related to the discussed matters at the classroom, but two of them seemed new to me. I solved one of the new questions(Question 2). It took me about one hour to solve it. I drove the equation which was asked. It was a very nice question. I wrote 4 sheets as the answer of question 2! At 12 o'clock, the professor came to the office and said; "Mr... what's up?" I replied, "I've answered to the question 2, now I am doing question 1. By the way, thank you for making such a comprehensive question."

He surprisingly asked; 'have you solved it?" I answered; "Yes, I have." Then I gave him the sheets and he looked at them. He said; 'It seems you have studied well."

At 14:30 he came to the office and asked,; "Mr...what's up?" I answered; "I have completed two questions. I am about to finish question 3 too." He kindly said; "That's enough! You have studied very well. You don't need to answer to the question 4! Complete question 3, and let's go!". After 5 minutes, I finished question 3 and gave him the sheets. I wrote 14 sheets for answering to 3 questions!

Question 4 was easy. It was related to the discussed matters in the class.

At 15 o'clock, I was in a traditional restaurant eating broth. I love broth very much. Tabriz is famous for its broth by the way. Then I bought some souvenirs and left Tabriz-my motherland- at 19 o'clock!

By the grace of God, the exam was great. I did it very well.

All the best,
Behnam, 27 June, 2014
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Unanswered Questions!

Postby behnam » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:30 am

Hi Mohsen,

According to the history of Islam, Mula Ali used to talk to water wells! I am not comparable with Ali-nobody is comparable with him because in his book(Nahjolbalaghe) he has shown that he had been different from ordinary people. However, I may understand why Ali has done it. I may understand what had made him talk to the wells.

I believe the history is repetitive. The same human beings with the same desires, needs, senses, emotions, etc. were living on the Earth thousands years ago. The great change in science and technology isn't deniable, and I am not denying it. However, the technology may change the kinds of foods or the method of cooking them. It can create new recipes, but hunger or thirst is the same among human beings. Therefore, by studying the past we can understand the present and predict the future! I guess this is why people often say 'History is a big teacher!'

I don't mean to criticize people, the society and the culture. I don't mean to judge. However, I've got some unanswered questions. I am at my forties. After forty years, I still don't know the answer of some questions. In this post, I am going to mention to one of the unanswered questions in my mind.

There are thousands TV and radio stations in the world. For example, BBC(British Broadcasting Corporation) has been broadcasting programs in different languages for many years. Consider the importance of money in the materialist philosophy as a principle, the question is this: How is the BBC supported financially and why? This question can be asked in many ways. For example, how do they give salaries to some people to create some programs for Persian? What' are the benefits of it?

We don't need to be as wise as Einstein to understand the purposes of BBC and other similar stations such as VOA etc. Everybody may know the answer. However, my question turns to be this: Despite the fact that everybody may know the purposes of those stations, why do people put satellite dishes(big ears actually) on the roofs to listen to them? This is magical and mysterious!

Oh, I don't want to dig it more. I don't want to criticize people and my society. I don't want to judge, but I can safely and surely say 'the majority of people are like sheep. They are like the pieces of chess. Those stations play with them!' What is the percentage of 'sheep like people'? More than 99 percent of people in my opinion! It is amazing by the way, the percentage of the Baa Baa ees(sheep) is going up as the time passes! {-: {-: {-:

Mohsen, it is the era of talking to well. If someone doesn't talk to well, s/he falls into 'sheep like people's group'! Is that clear? I hope so! {-: :lol: {-:

Those women and men with those tattoos, make-ups, ... are in the first layer of 'sheep like' people. Those are like solders in the chess board. They are played sooner than other pieces. My question can be asked in a different way too: Who is the main king in the chess board? This is one of the unanswered questions in my mind!!!

All the best,
Behnam, 27 June, 2014
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Clarification!

Postby behnam » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:43 am

Dear friends, some clarification and correction is needed. Women and men with those tattoos, make-up, hair styles,... are in the first layer of 'sheep like people' group. Those are like soldiers in the world's chess board. They are played(moved by chess players) earlier than other pieces. My question can be asked in a different way too: Who is the main king in the chess board and who are the main chess players in the world? This is one of the biggest secrets and an unanswered question in my mind!!!

Finally, we should ask ourselves about our roles in the world's chess board! What is my role? Am I a player? If not, which piece of chess am I? It should be kept in mind that people fall into three categories in the materialist philosophy; the players, the pieces, and neutrals. Obviously, the vast majority of people are chess pieces; mainly soldiers! That's very difficult to belong to the neutral group! Someone must be very wise to fit into this group. In conclusion, the distribution of people is something like this: More than 99 percent of people are soldiers. Some of them are other pieces. A few of them are players(the number of players is less than the number of fingers in one person's hands), and a few of them are neutral. {-:

Let's see what the greatest and wisest man in the history of Islam has said about this topic:

قال(ع):كُن فِی الفِتْنَةِ كَابْنِ اللَّبُونِ لا ظَهْرٌ فَیُرْكَبَ،وَلا ضَرْعٌ فَیُحْلَبَ
Ali said: During civil disturbance be like an adolescent camel who has neither a back strong enough for riding nor udders for milking!

Wonderful! Great! Brilliant! Full of wisdom! At that era, chess playing wasn't common in the Arab peninsular, but people could easily see different kinds of camels and their usages. Some camels were used for riding, some for milking, some others for loading, etc. An adolescent is almost useless! It is free, grazing freely in the hope that to grow up and to fall into one of the categories! :lol:

In this analogy, adolescent camels are neutral people; chess pieces are adult camels which are used either for riding or milking! The players are those few riders(owners)!

Hey, know yourself and find your role! {-: :lol: {-:

All the best,
Behnam, 27 June, 2014
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

To the love!

Postby behnam » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:18 am

To the Love!

Let's stop sounding and speaking like philosophers for a while and talk in a different language! :lol: :lol: :lol:

My Love:

Wherever I go I see your eyes,
Your face, as a piece of mirror, is always in front of me,
Your sweet smell turns in my memories, turning like clouds in the sky,
To be with you is my great wish forever,
I need you hey fresh air,
Your breath creates life with mine,
I die without you!

You are the sadness of my love, you are sweet,
You are glorious, you are like a religion!,
Your root goes to the soul of genuineness,
You are the respect of a traditional old art!

Invite me! Invite me to the feast of your words,
Invite me to the feast of your honest salutation,
I am addicted to the feast of your eyes,
Invite me to the feast of your generous sight,
Invite me! Invite me to the city of your eyes,
Make me the guest of stars!

Invite me to the brightness,
Make my heart get released from the sorrow of pains,
Your face, as a piece of mirror, is always in front of me,
Your sweet smell turns in my memories, turning like clouds in the sky,
To be with you is my great wish forever,
I need you hey fresh air,
Your breath creates life with mine,
I die without you!

YOU INVITE ME TO THE CITY OF YOUR STARS!
YOU MAKE ME THE GUEST OF STARS!
YOU INVITE ME TO THE BRIGHTNESS!
YOU INVITE ME TO THE FEAST OF YOUR KIND WORDS!
YOU INVITE ME TO THE FEAST OF YOUR HONEST SALUTATION!
YOU INVITE ME TO THE FEAST OF YOUR GENEROUS SIGHT!
YOU MAKE ME GET RELEASED FROM THE GRIEF OF PAINS!

Lucky is someone who has got a goddess in the world,
By her existence, he spends moments and life,
You, the goddess of happiness, be always with me,
By you, the light of brightness will glitter in my dark night!

All the best,
Behnam, 27 June, 2014
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Happy Ramadan!

Postby behnam » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:59 pm

Hi friends,

Happy Ramadan to you!

Although the daytime is long in the North Hemisphere and fasting is quite difficult, we Muslims have to fast in Ramadan. May God support us and give us sufficient strength to be able to fast in this holy month. Fasting is difficult in summers, sure, but 'no pain no gain'! If it was easy, everyone could fast. Therefore, ranking was impossible. When ranking is impossible offering rewards seems pointless.

When you are praying PLEASE remember me! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!

HAPPY RAMADAN!

All the best,
Behnam, 28 June, 2014
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Mohsen » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:02 pm

Hi Behnam,

It is 5.30 PM,I have no energy to write, the page in front of me is blur. Today I was in the streets in the hot weather (+ 40 °C) and now I must wait for 3 hours to drink a drop of water. Just know I want to read 20 pages of Quran ( Joz-e 3) . I like reading Quran very much, because the words in Quran came down from the almighty God through his prophet Mohammad (PBUH), So when we recite Quran ,we say some words that came out from Mohammad' mouth, this is one reason to enjoy reading Quran , another reason is that by reading Quran we forget the materialistic world and go to the heavenly world, so we get a feeling of peace in our heart. The words are miracles ,if we repeatedly read Quran ,we inter a new world .
Of course there are some terms for people , before putting the seeds in the land ,the land should prepared well. The belief to God and resurrection day,try to avoiding sins and try to be virtue and do piety … these are the terms which complete a person to enjoy reading Quran.

Happy Ramadan to you,

It is said that "The Books of Ibrahim (as) were revealed on the first night of the month of Ramadan; the Torah was revealed on the sixth of the month of Ramadan; the Gospel (Injil) was revealed on the thirteenth of the month of Ramadan; the Psalms (Zabur) were revealed on the eighteenth of the month of Ramadan, and the Holy Qur'an was revealed on the twenty-fourth of the month of Ramadan."
Have a blessing Ramadan
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Thanks Mohsen!

Postby behnam » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:29 pm

Hi Mohsen,

Today the weather was cool in Tehran. We didn't turn the air-conditioner on today! Last night, it rained in Tehran. That's why the weather was nice. I am writing these things in the evening. That's why I use the simple past to describe the weather in Tehran. More than 9o percent of the day has gone! {-:

When you are breaking your fast and reciting the holy Qur'an, please remember the people who love Ramadan and fasting but they cannot! }:

Thank you very much for the nice points about Ramadan Karim.

All the best,
Behnam, 4 July, 2014
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *
behnam
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion