EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby behnam » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:54 am

Hi Elham,

According to the chief Physicist of the world; Albert Einstein, 'Imagination is more important than knowledge..'. However, I am not good at imagining. I am also terrible at dreaming. I don't dream a lot, or I cannot remember them. I really enjoy sleeping at least 7 hours at night without any problem. Thank God!

I used to dream of giving my Noble prize speech in Sweden. After the speech, I used to dream about answering to the questions of news reporters! :lol: :lol: :lol:

In my opinion, the best thing in the world which could have long-lasting life is fame! I prefer fame to wealth, although I own none of them. I still dream about being a well-known person.

I don't like to be a famous football player, an actor or a singer. I don't value these sorts of careers. However, I like to be well-known in the world of science and technology.

For me, entering to the virtual world-the Internet- can be considered as a turning point in my life. Before that, I was a one-dimensional student. I wasn't good at communicating with people. I used to see the world through some Physics-based formulas.

It was just November 2006 that I started to learn English seriously. I entered the Internet and met many people from different parts of the world. I chatted with many people with different attitudes and thoughts. I made friends with a lot of people and communicated with them. I loved some girls, and some girls loved me! :lol: :lol: :lol: All these things helped me change my way of thinking. Now, I am a different person. I am satisfied with my role on the Internet. I could have positive effects on many people, and many people could affect my life. Thank God.

All the best,
Behnam, 3 February, 2012

behnam
Gold Member

Postby Mohsen » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:06 pm

[b][color=#FF80FF]Hi Behnam,

I put on much air in my jowls ,when people think that I am rich ,thanks for your illusion of having a rich friend. Off course I am rich because my wife is content, her dowry value is as much as I can afford it.
If Saudi Arabia doesn’t let the Iranians visit Mecca, I will be very happy , first because this ban prevents of transferring of millions of dollars to Saudi regime packet . second the term of dowry for taking my wife to Mecca is conditional , it was written if I could afford it.. so according to the bad circumstance I have not to take her..
If we speak about common people , what is right or correct about them let alone dowry . all of behaviour or ceremonies are base on ignorance or they keep up with joneses.
Actually I got happy to read about your wife dowry .I owe you and your wife to offer my big CONGRADULATIONS.

B.Wishes,
Mohsen
[/color]
[/b]
Last edited by Mohsen on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby Mohsen » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:11 pm

Dear muslim Friends,

I would like to offer you my Congradulations for commencing of Emam Zaman leadership. I hope we have enough worth and deserving to see the advent of Imam in our life.

B.Wishes
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby [amal] » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:11 am

Praise be to Allâh the Lord of the Worlds, and blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and all his family and companions.

Happy Eid Almawlid {Prophet Mouhamad's Birthday} to all muslim Friends.
[amal]
Gold Member

Postby behnam » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:04 pm

Dear lovely friends,
My eyes are weak and the monitor bothers them. It is difficult for me to read posts written in so bright colours. Would you mind using some eye-friendly colours? I would appreciate if if you could consider this request.

All the best,
Behnam, 4 February, 2012

behnam
Gold Member

Postby Mohsen » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:53 pm

Hi Friends,

[b]Generally human being is imperfect, that is right. But some people try to change themselves to be a better human ,they have running life ,they are active, but some people are stagnant, they never try changing .The stagnants believe that they can’t give up the bad habits,and the worse thing is that they don’t want to think about their bad habits.
A person who has a running life always try to give up his/her bad habits and be better than yesterday.
If I try to respect other people ,believe that a person who is living beside me is better than me. She/he is more dear for god then me ,this feeling is a motive for me try to be more polite , I try to be more kind,I respect her/him more ,generally I try to make myself more perfect.
[/b]
Do you think this attribute works out for a person to be more perfect.

B.Wishes,
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Postby behnam » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:05 pm

Hi Mohsen,

I guess I've understood your question. That's humble of you to think of other people closer to God, and to put them first. It is like sacrificing as well as the highest level of perfection, I believe.

There is a famous saying from Prophet Muhammad I guess, 'Whatever you need(want, like, prefer,....), other people need it, and whatever you dislike, other people dislike it too.' I couldn't translate it well from Arabic into Farsi, then from Farsi into Azerbaijani, and finally from Azerbaijani into English. I am sorry. :lol: :lol: :lol: However, despite my terrible translation, I think it still makes sense.

What does that saying mean? I think, it defines the exact meaning of humanity. For example, I enjoy eating delicious food and fruit; surely all people enjoy eating them. I like to be recognized; certainly there are many people like it too. I dislike to be insulted, other people dislike it too.

Let me put it another way. I've got a stomach. I'm not the only person in the world who has got a stomach. Everybody has got it. If I feel hungry; absolutely other people feel hungry too. The same goes for other instincts and senses.

If someones has faith in mentioned saying, they can be considered as human beings. Is it enough just to have faith in it? No, never. Believing in it is the first step of humanity. In order to move towards perfection(an ideal human); apart from having belief in something, we must do some actions too. What actions does the quotation suggest? I believe, putting others first is one of them. Caring practically(not just speaking beautifully and paying lip service to people) about others people's needs and desires can be another one.

I'd like not to sound so much philosophical about humanity. However, I believe, people who have a deep faith in mentioned saying need nothing else to start a right way towards success(perfection) in the both worlds.

All the best,
Behnam, 5 February, 2012

behnam
Gold Member

Postby behnam » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:03 pm

I hope my dear friend Andrew and Amal will read this text.

70 Brides for 7 Foreigners

Russia seems to be turning into a major exporter of brides. Almost 1,500 marriages with foreigners registered in Moscow every year. Another 10,000 women go to the international marriage agency Alliance each year, according to a poll, and 23 percent of Russian mothers would like their daughters to marry foreign citizens. Russian brides have always been prized by foreigners-ever since the time of Yaroslav the Wise [an eleventh-century grand prince of Kiev], whose daughter became the queen of France. But during Joseph Stalin's time, the attitude toward marriages to foreigners was intolerant.

In the 1960s, the registration of foreign marriages was resumed, and since then the trickle of Russian brides abroad has turned into a powerful torrent. Tens of thousands of Russian women dream of an advantageous marriage and look for foreign husbands. How? One way is through personal ads in newspapers. One ad read: "Man from Australia (... feet ... pounds) seeks short(... feet... pounds), slender woman 22-29 for marriage." The man is from Sydney. His mother advised him to marry a Russian woman because Australian women are very liberated; change men like gloves, and do not do housework. Russian women, in the opinion of the placer of the ad, love to clean, cook, stay at home, and have children. In two days, he got 100 calls.

Many women are not shy about going to dating agencies. Alliance is one of the largest in Moscow, with branches in Russian's large cities and abroad. In has been flourishing for more than five years. The director, Tmara Alekseyevna Shkunova, is an academician and director of the Russian Institute of the Family at the International Academy of Information System and editor in chief of Moskovskaya brachenaya Gazeta(the Moscow Marriage Gazette).

Each day about 10 women go to the agency, but only two to three of them are put in the files. There are criteria for selection. First, you must be successful in your professional milieu. Second, you must know a foreign language. And third, you must meet a standard of "European looks": blond with blue eyes, slender with long legs. Of the 2,000 women a year who get into the files, only 5 percent get married. Of the 200 who married recently, one was lucky enough to become the wife of a millionaire.

For a 25-year-old woman without children, the service costs $5.30: for 30 to 40-year-old women without children, the service costs $8.00.

There are 700 foreign men in the files, mostly from the United States, Germany, and Britain. Up to 300 men apply annually. They must meet only one requirement-that they be well-to-do. The information on the man's passport is checked, and a call is made to his place of work.

Once a husband is found, the next stop is Wedding Palace Number 4, the only place in Moscow that registers marriages to foreigners. Each year, 1,200 couples get married there. In 1992, the bridegrooms came from 96 countries. The greatest number came from the United States. In second place was Israel, followed by Turkey and Bulgaria.

Registration requires a passport and a guarantee from the groom's embassy that there are no obstacles to his getting married. The French Embassy for example, takes a very serious attitude toward marriages to foreign women. It requires that the French groom obtains certification of his "legal capacity for marriage." If an embassy official registers a couple that has not passed the requisite medical tests, the official is fined. Stiff requirements are also imposed by Germany.

The Wedding Palace requires confirmation that, in the given country, a marriage to a citizen of another state is valid. After all, in a number of countries, a foreign wife and her children could find that they have no property rights. In Syria, for example, marriage to a foreigner is considered invalid without special permission.

Many countries are trying to erect barriers to the marital migration from Russia. For example, one Moscow woman tried to nine months to get permission to go to the United States, where her fiance was waiting for her.

Another couple wanted to get registered in Canada. The finance was called to the Canadian Embassy for an interview, but an entry visa was never granted. "Prove that this isn't a fictitious marriage," they said.

Many Russian women who marry foreigners quickly get divorced and come back. The reasons are well known: a sense of second-class status, a language barrier, and financial difficulties. Deceptions are frequent: One "sweet-heart" described his home as a place with a fountain, but, in reality, it turned out that he lived in a small cottage without a bathtub.

Extracted from a book entitled "Mosaic Reading", 4th Edition, by Bernada Wegmann/Miki Knezevic
*************************************************************************************

Dear Andrew and dear Amal, the name of you countries have come in this text. How do you think about this text?

There are many useful collocations and expressions in the text. I hope you learn them and use them in your everyday conversation with English speakers.

All the best,
Behnam, 5 February, 2012

behnam
Gold Member

Dreams!

Postby Elham » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:14 pm

Hi dear Behnam and Amal,

Thanks for your very nice posts about your dreams. I really enjoyed reading both of them.

Some of your dreams have been the same as mine; for example the princess in the castel and winning the Noble prize!

Dear Amal, all girls always dream of being treated like a pretty lucky princess by a very handsome and kind prince,don't they? {-; I think the biggest desire of any girl is to marry a real gentleman who loves her dearly ( and just and just loves her, not any other woman!!! ), who respects her like respecting a queen and cares about her like caring about a cute baby! {-:
Emmm, but it always remains a sweet dream for us; we just can see such gentlemen in cartoons and dreems! :lol:

Dear Behnam, I have seriously dreamed of gaining the Noble Peace Prize and even have practiced what to sat to the media! :lol: but you have to give a helping hand and lend me some of your sentences;you're perfect at speaking! ;-) :):):)

And here comes my more serious dreams:
:ok: One of my dearest wishes has always been and still is to be a big effective helper to other people!
:ok: It keeps me alive thinking about being a great lover and sacrificer!
:ok: It's very sweet to dream I'v become a successful famous writer!
:ok: I dream of being a very understanding, kind and successful MOTHER* :-)
I dream a lot, and I believe that without dreams we are dead! I have noticed that my depression times are exactly times when I have NO dream; and what turns me back to life is just recalling my dreams and hope for realising them.

I don't know how distant this dream is but I dream to become a real Muslim woman; I feel full of life when I think of myself as a woman and enjoy all beauties,feelings, abilities and duties that God has put in women's creation*

Thanks for reading,
Elham
Elham
Gold Member

Postby Mohsen » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:42 am

Dear Behnam,

Believing in it is the first step of humanity. In order to move towards perfection (an ideal human); apart from having belief in something, we must do some actions too.

An 86 year old man comes to swimming pool every night, He is a real champion, he knows English and sometimes we walk together in the water and speak English, He was an English teacher for many years, He was playing football professionally for many years as well, and now at the age of 86 He is teaching Quran in the mosque. He is a Quran teacher as well.
Last night When he was wearing his cloth , he was not able to bend down and put on his socks . so I remember your sentence and asked him to let me to help. I took his socks and help him wearing it .I was happy for my action , because I tried to kill the feeling of my haughtiness

B.Wishes
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion