EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Mohsen » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:06 pm

[size=150]Hi Dear Friends,

As God says , He is the best-tempered in the world. Congradulation on the the birth anniversary of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his household).

Our best wishes for all of his real followers , We surly need to his intercessor in hereafter day.
[/size]
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby behnam » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:06 pm

Hi friends,
I wasn't in Tehran; at home, last three days. I was in Tabriz. I'm at home now. As soon as I got home, I turned the computer on to check the mailbox and to see if there were some off messages from my friends. However, I don't know what wrong was. I neither could sign in Yahoo messengers nor could check my mailbox! Other sites I often visit; like this site, could be opened, but there is something wrong with opening Yahoo Messenger, googletalk, and mail.yahoo.com

The speed is enough to open them, but I guess the problem is something else. How about you? Can you easily use YM and Gtalk? Is it possible for you to check your mailboxes?

The rate of increase in the number of posts is not acceptable. It makes me sad. On the other hand, the number of viewers-people who visit the thread and read its posts- is dramatically increasing. That's very good. However, the worrying matter which is also disappointing is that those people do not leave comments in the thread! This is really sad. Why don't they put comments in the thread? Why don't they join us?

Please leave a comment and let's share something with each other and make the life easy to live(tolerate).

All the best,
Behnam, Feb, 2012

behnam
Gold Member

Postby behnam » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:08 am

Hi,

I'm at home and have nothing to do and nowhere to go. It's also something wrong with connecting to the YM and Gtalk. I talked to my wife about the things happened in Tabriz. I spoke about the things I'd done and some experience I'd learned from the trip.

Besides writing, I'm listening to some video files downloaded from the Net now. As you may know, Tabriz is famous for nuts, so I bought some dried fruits and nuts. Although the prices were high, the quality was acceptable. My wife has wanted me to buy some dried cherry (Albalu). She is making cherry jam now. We call it 'Morabbaye Albalu' in Farsi. To be honest, I don't know what 'Albalu' is in English. Actually it is smaller than cherry and has dark colour.

Anyway, it is boring to be idle! I dislike it.

Please introduce some topics for discussion. I've got some free time to spend on writing or discussing.

All the best,
Behnam, 10 Feb, 2012

behnam
Gold Member

Postby behnam » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:32 am

Hi again,

This week, I couldn't chat with my friends, so I've missed them terribly. I seem strict and unkind in appearance (maybe so serious), but actually I'm a soft-hearted person. I called some friends of mine and talked with them. Now, I feel happy and relaxed. Some friends didn't answer to the call. Well, guess it wasn't a convenient time for them.

I really love my friends and I feel empty without them.

In Tabriz, I visited some family friends. I also met some old friends. I had mixed feelings actually. I am not able to describe my feelings with words. I was happy because the meetings brought some happy childhood memories. On the other hand, it was short. It makes you sad when you know leaving friends is inevitable.

It's extremely important to have a positive attitude towards people, friendship, and relationship. Something is in my mind to say, and I'm searching for some suitable sentences and words to say, but I cannot find. Let me explain it:

Two things won't be forgotten at all. One of them is being beneficent-helping people when they are in critical situations. For example, giving hopes to disappointed and depressed people. Lending money to someone in a situation that s/he needs it, but is too shy to ask! Giving a helping hand when someone is in a critical situation will be stuck in minds forever.

The other one is disservice or badness-being bad to people and acting in a bad way. We call it 'badi kardan' in Farsi. As well as goodness, this will be stayed in minds forever.

In order to make it clear, let me tell you a story, extracted from 'Golestan Sadee'; one of my favourite books.

I was sitting in a vessel with a company of great men when a boat which contained two brothers happened to sink near us. One of the great men promised a hundred dinars to a sailor if he could save them both. While the sailor was pulling out one, the other drowned. I said: 'He had no longer to live and therefore delay took place in rescuing him.' The sailor smiled and replied: 'What you said is certain. Moreover, I preferred to save this one because, when I once-happened to lag behind in the desert, he seated me on his camel, whereas I'd received a whipping by the hands of the other, when I was a boy. I recited: He, who does right, does it to his own soul and he, who does evil, does it against the same.

As long as you can, do not scratch the interior of someone
Because there are thorns on this road.
Be helpful in the needs of a dervish(a poor person)
Because you also has needs.

This story reminds me 'what goes around, comes around', and also 'you reap what you sow'.

I hope you liked it. Thank you for reading.

All the best,
Behnam, 10 Feb, 2012

behnam
Gold Member

Postby behnam » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:17 am

Sorry to disturb, but I've made some mistakes in the posts. However, it is impossible to edit them. This site doesn't let us edit the posts a few minutes after posting! Among many advantages, this is one of its disadvantages. :-( :-( :-(

One of the mistakes is
I was happy because the meetings brought some happy childhood memories.

It must be 'I was happy because the meetings brought some happy childhood memories back.'

There are many mistakes in my posts. However, this one was bothering me. I had to correct it. {-: {-: {-: I apologize for making too many mistakes. My English is a bit rusty actually. :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 10 Feb, 2012

behnam
Gold Member

Postby Elham » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:06 pm

Hi dear Behnam,

Welcome back! I hope you've enjoyed the trip to your beloved city(Tabriz the great {-: ). I know that you love Tabriz and breathing it's air.I havn't ever seen Azarbaijan,but your nice and excited descriptions about there and it's people -your love for there- has impressed me in a way that as if I have always loved Azarbaijan! I don't know how to describe my feeling...I can't put it in words, but I've got an special feeling for it!
And you should know that one my biggest wishes is to take a trip to Azarbaijan(specially your birthplace) with YOU! Actually, I would walk on air and be on cloud nine if it could happen! Alas... :-( :-( :-(

By the way,thanks for your posts; I enjoyed reading them.
DEFENTLY, you are a very kind-hearted man. Being a friend of you, I have always seen your pure sincere and valubale feelings for things.
Thanks for caring about your friends;You've got a golden heart! :-)

And my last thanks to you for sharing what was going on in your mind about goodness and badness. In my idea, goodness is to make some one else have a pleasant feeling(as a matter of fact, a RIGHT pleasant feeling, cause not any pleasant feeling is right!)! And it can happen by:

Helping someone in the critical situation,
Giving hope to a disappointed person,
Being a useful person and giving service to other people,
Making other people remember God and his greatness,
Or just being a lovely friend and calling a friend! {-; :-D

Sth is also going on in my mind; Let me try to put it in words!
I'm thinking of a diffrent shape of helping! Some times a person dosen't do anything special for us... more spicifically, he dose nothing for us directly, but helps us a lot! Some times a person helps us just by owning a nice and good feature. Observing his manner and goodness makes us admire that good featur, makes us admire goodness and shows us the goodness!

For me, it is one of the greates helps one can offer the others!
For instance, seeing a very polite and kind person not only dose make us admire the person himself, but also reminds us of politness and kindness and makes us willing to develope such qualities ourselves!

Oh, another terrific example just came to my mind!
Some people help us although we don't see them or they aren't even alive now but hearing, reading and learning about them, about their great personalities is the greatest helps to us!
One of these really really great people is Prophit Mohhamad(PBUH) - a mercy for all creation- ***
During last semester I was busy learning more about him and I was really amazed what an awesome and exceptional man he has been! To be hoest, I fell in love with him! :-D

I don't know how to describe it! Isn't it really a great help when someone makes you adore kindness,politeness,love,goodness,modesty,braveness,compassion,......and humanity,
in the truest meaning of the word?

Isn't it the greatest help to let other people know what god's aim is by creating human beings? Ohhh, isn't it the greatest help to show people how nice and good we can be?To be the best model of humanity for others?
My eyes are filled with tears, I love him, love him, love him soooooooo much!

Let me end my post at this poit,
Thanks for reading,

Elham
Elham
Gold Member

Postby behnam » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:30 pm

The Internet, pros and cons

Some people think of the Net positively and ignore its downsides. Others are pessimistic about the Internet and highlight the negative parts of it. As everything, the Internet has some advantages and disadvantages.

These days, people spend a lot of time at their computers to browse the sites on the Internet. They do not spend enough quality time with their families. As a result, people feel lonely and isolated. This makes life difficult. In addition to that, there are some morally bad pages on the Net. Those pages threaten the mental health of young people and children.

On the other hand, the Internet is a big source of information about different areas in life. For example, for English learners, there are many electronic books, audio and video files on it. These files can be easily and freely downloaded. Furthermore, the Net has brought the users a lot of comfort and ease. For instance, sending mails through the Internet, online banking and buying have provided relief and comfort to the users.

Additionally, nowadays, by means of pressing some keys on the keyboards or on the cell phones, people can enter the virtual world. In this world, they can chat with different people from all over the world. They can also make friends with different people with different views, attitudes, thoughts, and education levels. This results in knowing cultures and developing friendship between different nations.

In conclusion, the Internet plays an important role in this modern world. Although it has some negative sides, it seems deleting the Net from people's lives create some difficulties. If we take every factors into consideration, I believe the advantages of the Internet weigh its disadvantages.

Thank you for reading. How do you think?

All the best,
Behnam, 10 Feb, 2012

behnam
Gold Member

Postby behnam » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:12 am

Hi Elham,

Thanks for your wonderful post, full of delicate points.

I don't know why all 124,000 messengers are male. Therefore, we have no chance to check how women feel when men love female messengers. To be honest with you, I do feel jealous when you love prophet Muhammad that much. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think for women the right path to heaven is loving and satisfying their husbands. By the way, Islam is based on caring about God's rules not on loving prophets and Imams. When it comes to following a religion, love must be measured by the amount of care and action, not by saying something while there are tears in eyes! :lol:

Dear Elham, I am not criticising. I know you quite well. I know that you are a real Muslim. However, I found it a good opportunity to mention something which is maybe important.

There is no doubt about the greatness of prophets and Imams. We are supposed to follow them, not to love them. When we strongly love someone, we unwillingly produce enemies for them. Why? Well, we cannot deny the fact that human beings are jealous. Jealousy, as an emotion, more or less, is in our blood. Therefore, showing a lot of love creates a lot of hatred, as if there is always a sort of balance between them.

To be brief, it should be kept in mind-with the strongest faith-that love will be measured by action! That is why people say 'actions speak louder than words.'

Dear Elham, I must say again that I am neither criticising you nor advising. I am just taking the chance that you kindly have given to write something. Thank you very much for creating that opportunity for me. Kisses&hugs :oops: :oops: :oops:

About the trip, yes it was really great. I really enjoyed it. When I am in Azerbaijan, I am in my hometown, in my beloved place. My soul goes sightseeing, so it goes out of my body; flying in the sky. I feel relaxed, because
I am with my soul, and the body which plays the role of cage is left at that time.

I wish you were with me. We could have a lot of real fun.

All the best,
Behnam, 11 Feb, 2012

behnam
Gold Member

Postby behnam » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:10 am

Hi Amoure,

I was browsing the thread a few seconds ago and saw some posts from you! I don't know why I hadn't seen them before! That's strange. :?: :shock:

I do apologize for leaving your posts unanswered. :oops:

Tiger is famous for its pride. I am a proud person. That's why I am using it. Don't fear! I am not dangerous at all. Actually, I am as proud as a tiger, but not as powerful as it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I do agree with you. Determination and hard work lead everybody to success. This is a general rule.

Sorry for being late in replying. Please write regularly.

All the best,
Behnam, 11 Feb, 2012

behnam
Gold Member

Postby behnam » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:09 am

Why do we make mistakes?

There are some silly mistakes in my posts. I call them silly, because they are really silly! It is believed that people learn from their mistakes. I wonder what I'm going to learn from those silly mistakes. :lol: :lol:

Let me have a look at some of them:
Although it has some negative sides, it seems deleting the Net from people's lives create some difficulties. If we take every factors into consideration, I believe the advantages of the Internet weigh its disadvantages.

As far as I know, there are two mistakes. Deleting the Net from people's lives creates some difficulties. If we take all factors(or every factor) into consideration,...

Another one
Because you also has(obviously must be have!) needs.
This one is terrible. It seems I am losing my accuracy. :cry: :cry: :cry:

That's OK to make mistakes, but some of them are really disappointing. :-(

There are two possibilities. It's considerably certain that I am getting old, and it's highly probable that my English is going rusty. :lol: :cry: Well, I am crying and laughing. What else can I do? hehehehehehehe....

All the best,
Behnam, 11 Feb, 2012
behnam
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion