EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Mohsen » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:25 am

Dear Nana,

Thank you very much for your last post to me, in fact I did not get it well ,would you please write the story in detail , What is the previous life?

B.Wishes
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby Mohsen » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:26 am

Dear Behnam,

Thank you very much for your post , I agree with you about not being pessimistic about people ,also I admire your great sentence about benefits and loss ,different attitudes about it ,someone beneficial idea is the loss idea for other.
I know a shopkeeper who sell his goods base on the price which he has bought it . he doesn't consider the current price of goods in the market. If he had bought goods with a cheap price he would sell it cheap. He is such a shopkeeper that never had economically impressive progressed. He is proud of his manner while some people believe that he is a fool man.
He is also a man who responsible for preparing tea for the people who come to the mosques, every nights he is working behind his tea desk free of charge and prepare tea service for thousands of people who come to the mosque.

Behnam, my idea about pretenses actions was in general, it has vast dimensions in social and ideological belief. While many young people are attracted to pretenses actions and change their basic beliefs.

I don't know the following example is the evidence for my statement or not , but I write it.

1500 years ago some pagan Arabs used to kill the baby if she was a girl. With the advent of Islam laws the practicing of female infanticide was condemned. Islam brought a new lease of life to women and elevated the status of women to great heights: so high that she stood shoulder to shoulder with man.
Islam also condemns abortion. During the development of fetus,when the body received the life-energy ( given the soul to the foetus) killing the baby (abortion ) is like killing a person in the street. A person who does it should pay fine like killing a human being .
But these days the civilized people have abortion with no fear of God like that ancient pagan Arabs , Does the civilization of human decline to 1500 years ago. What is the different between those uncivilized people and modern civilized people . Is the act these people shows that they come back to 1500 years ago?

It is great sentence which Elham mentioned it "sometimes we want to believe fake ones since it is pleasant to us and we can benefit from it, and sometimes we like to deny the true ones since we find it unpleasant" Thank you Elham for this great sentence.

B.W
Mohsen
Mohsen
Gold Member

Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Postby WiLZiN » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:58 pm

A thoughts of poetry #4:

Don't kill my dream
Don't kill my dream
Don't kill my dream that I built my hopes on it
And I decided to live with it what was left from my years
Don't kill it, it's still a baby
Don't kill it, it's an innocent angel
Don't kill it, it's candle light
Don't kill it, it's a beacon of the road
Don't kill it, love doesn't forbidden
Don't kill it, my talk doesn't criminalized
Don't kill it, don't kill it
Don't kill my dream :cry:

written by:
- WiLZiN -
WiLZiN
Silver Member

Postby WiLZiN » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:34 am

Hi my friends...

In my last post I did intended mistakes.Can you find and correct them?!
What are your Opinions about the subject that I wrote about "dreams killing"?!
I'm waiting for your answers my dears...

Have nice days...

-WiLZiN-
WiLZiN
Silver Member

Postby [amal] » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:05 am

Hi Wilzin,

How are you my friend?

There is no need to correct your writing since it is what you felt and it's your belief, I always follow my feelings and do what I believe that's the right thing to do. Anyway, who knows what is the right or the wrong?!

In answering your question about dream killing, I prefer to kill my young dream instead of living a fake reality.

Sometimes, it's better to give up dreaming and try to transfer it into a reality. Sometimes, killing a dream opens for us other beautiful doors and maybe give us the chance to have bigger dreams. Sometimes, killing a dream give us the chance to know other nice people and have a good memories about the old ones; Or give us the chance to know another world...

My friend, the life doesn't end, if you didn't get one of your dreams. But it would end, if you stopped dreaming.

Please don't let your life concern about just one dream...

Best wishes,
Amal
[amal]
Gold Member

Postby Elham » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:12 am

Dear Wilzin,

I never give up on my dreams. I live with my dreams, without dreams I'm nothing. Actually, what gives me hope and makes me take next step is my dreams.I never meet them completely, but you know? My dreams makes me! When I want to know myself, I refer to my dreams, dreams I've had in the past, and dreams I have now for future! I have so many dreams, not just for external things! I have dreams on who I want to be, on which persnality I like to be seen as, on what kind of daughter, friend, wife and mother I want to be! :-D

I'm sure that just dreaming is not enough! I try not to be a blind person. I believe I'm a patient person! Sometimes I see other people are meeting MY dreams; sometimes, I get tooooooooo close to my dreams that there is just one step left to reach it, but I lose it; some times I just see that I'm getting away from my dear dream, ohhhhh, the worst case that has happened to me is reaching my big dream but just having it in my hands, it pures like water when you hold it in your hands and observe it leaving through the distance between your fingers! :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

So you see, many dangers may threaten our dreams, but that never doesn't mean we have to kill them. We have to find the best way to cope with what fate brings to us! :-)

I love my dreams, they keep me alive, I try to reach them or in case I can't, I keep them some where in my mind! Emmm, maybe I convince myself that it hasn't been a right dream!

Dear Wilzin, one of my biggest dreams is to be a good person, the one who god loves! I do do do envy those who are such persons. Good for them, what is more pleasant than that? To be his lovely child,to be the one whom he feels proud of, the one whom he is satisfied with!
............good for them, good for them, good for them....

How enjoyable it is to know you're taking steps rightly in his way! Oh how sweet is when you know what you're doing is what makes him happy, that way you do it with all your heart and soul, you die for doing that! You sacrifice everything just to let him know that you love him!ohhh........

Good for them, oh good for them........
Elham
Gold Member

Postby behnam » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:34 am

Hi Elham,

At the moment, I don't know what to write. However, I've promised to write a long report-formed post to you. I really love writing, but writing aimlessly is like talking carelessly or walking randomly! I wish you had given me a topic.

Today is final day of our religious Holidays. I have to stay at home. I am here at my computer from the beginning of the day until the evening. I check my mailbox, reply to some emails, send some emails to my friends, read the headlines, chat with my friends on EC, Skype and Yahoo Messenger, etc.

Let me write about the things I did yesterday. I got up at about 6am and after saying my prayers, I filled the kettle and switched it on. Then I took keys and drove to baker's to buy some bread. Unfortunately, the shop was closed. I tried different bakeries, but all were shut! I called my wife and consulted with her. She said; "That's OK Behnam. Forget fresh bread. Today is Tasua. I guessed the shops would be inactive. We had some bread from the previous day. We could use them." This message made me happy, since I was feeling embarrassed about being back empty-handed. LOL :lol:

We had breakfast at about 8am. We ate honey, cheese, walnut, with Lavash(a sort of bread in Iran). We also drank some mugs of tea.

After the breakfast, I turned my computer on. Fortunately, the kids where asleep. My wife cleaned and washed up. There where nothing more to do, well the house wasn't untidy. It was about 9am one of the kids started making some noise. My wife was in the kitchen. I took the kid and checked whether he was hungry or needed to have his nappy changed. Actually, both of them were correct. He needed both food and clean nappy. :oops: My wife wanted me to look after him for a short time, and I did. Then she came and gave proper services to them. I just helped her prepare warm water and wash them in turn. {-:

I sat at my computer and checked mailbox, read headline, surfed the Net for a while and joined my friends in the chat room. It was about 12:30am that my wife wanted me to call local sandwich seller and order two sandwiches. I did it. After some minutes, a motor driver rang the bell and gave me the sandwiches and the bill. I paid for them and thanked the man.

After praying, we ate lunch at about 1pm. Then I went to the bed, while the computer was downloading 'Soviet secret weapons'! I got up at about 5pm. It was dark. I switched the lamp on and checked computer to see if the file was downloaded completely or not. It was downloaded. I left the room and saw my wife watching TV. The kettle was on the cooker, and tea was ready. The kids were awake, making some noises, like ghoghagum bigh baghoo, dirrrrrr, shirrrrrrr, I aped them for a while then poured two mugs of tea. After, drinking tea, my wife wanted me to look after the children, because she wanted to cook something for dinner. I did it, but in fact they didn't need.

It was about 8pm we ate dinner(as a habit, we eat dinner early). Then I was at my computer. First, I watched the downloaded file. It took me 55 minutes. The file was in English. I chatted with some friends on Yahoo Messenger, Skype, and EC. Finally, we went to bed at about 11:30 I guess.

Something else: On Thursday afternoon(my favourite day of the week is Thursdays. I love Thursday very much. It looks like people are happier on Thursdays. Everything seems to smile at me. I am happy too.) We went to the market(Tarebar) to buy some fruit and some special vegetables and Vinegar, since my wife had decided to make some pickle. While doing the shopping, some people were giving candy to customers. In fact, on Thursdays some people distribute dates, fruits, or candies among people in order to indirectly ask them to pray for their dead members! In other words, they ask people to read 'Al-fateheh'(a famous verse in the Holy Koran) for dead members. As a religious belief, 'Al-Fatehe' helps dead people have happy soul in grave. In particular, Thursdays are so suitable for this purpose. I don't know how it works!

Due to the fact that date and fruit are expensive, these days people distribute some cheap candies among people. When one of them took the pocket of candies in front of me and said, "here you are", I took a candy and said, "I don't think this candy can help a dead person go to Heaven. Why don't you give banana?" People around me, specially some girls, laughed at my way of talking. To be honest, I said it on purpose, to make people(girls) laugh!

Today is Ashura(the tenth day of historical fight of Imam Husein with Yazid's troops). Yazid was a cruel caliph. He didn't care about Islam and its rules. He wanted Imam Husein to say 'yes' to him, but Imam Husein said 'NO'! Imam Husein was the second grandchild of prophet Muhammad. He knew the real Islam and what wrong with Yazid was! Yazid wanted him to say 'YES', otherwise he threatened to be killed. Imam Husein said, "I prefer dying to humiliation" Finally, they fought! Imam Husein had 72 helpers. They fought bravely with thousands soldiers.The point is this: They knew that they would lose the battle, but they fought to die. They didn't want to say 'YES" to a unbeliever cruel Caliph.

Imam Husein has given the most important lesson to human beings. The message is this: Dying for your beliefs is more valuable than living in relief! Imam Husein has taught us that blood finally wins sword! To convert this sentence into this modern world's language; blood wins atomic bomb! This blood is the blood which some brave people(believers) give to water the tree of their belief!

Imam Husein has showed us that there are only two ways of living in this world. Living freely, while supporting the facts(truth), and living among unbelievers; supporting cruelty!

I don't know what to write. My mind doesn't work properly. I hope this will make my dear friend Elham happy.

All the best,
Behnam, 25 November, 2012

behnam
Gold Member

Postby Elham » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:52 am

Hi dear Behnam,

Oh thanks for your nice post! Sorry if my request took your valuable time. Since I love your posts, I asked you to write a post just for me. Thta's very kind of you, thankssssssssss.

I specially loved the last part you have written about Imam Hosein (Alyhe sallam). Woww, I loved this part:

Imam Husein has given the most important lesson to human beings. The message is this: Dying for your beliefs is more valuable than living in relief! Imam Husein has taught us that blood finally wins sword! To convert this sentence into this modern world's language;
blood wins atomic bomb!This blood is the blood which some brave people(believers) give to water the tree of their belief!

You have written it in a wonderful, thoughtful, great way. Many thanks my dear friend.

Wish you and your lovely familly happiness,

Elham
Elham
Gold Member

Postby WiLZiN » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:48 am

Hi Amal & Elham...

How are you my dears friends?!

Thanks for your replays. They made me so happy and gave my a potion of positive energy. :-D
I Promise you to do the best I can to achieve my dream. Now I have a clear path in my life. I will go forward and nothing will stop me except death.
I'm very glad to say that "I have a dream". :-)

Have nice days...

-WiLZiN-
WiLZiN
Silver Member

Postby behnam » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:50 pm

Dear Behanm,

I hope your babies and wife are health and happy.

For you,as a new father,everyday is rich and pleasure.I shouldn't bother you.However one question is confused me and I need your answer.As you see the post I wrote to Amal,I visited a friend last weekend.She divorced, got the renal failure,lost her job.Every unlucky thing takes place on her.But she is a nice and good person.She havn't done a bad thing or hurt other people.Even if her husband treats her so badly,she wouldn't hate him.Why she meet so many unlucky things. It's said "Give cake and ale to perfect soul".God should bless that people who is doing good thing?Can you give me a answer?

Best regards

Nana

Hi Nana,

First of all, I should say sorry to be this much late in replying to your post. There are some reasons for this long delay:

1) This question is really difficult. This cannot be answered and understood by means of materialist philosophy which is popular in the world.

2) This question is not my piece of cake! As you know, my filed is Physics. I know only a little bit Physics and some basic things in English.

3) I was really pressed for time when you asked me this question. I had a very busy schedule. I was the main secretary and manager of a conference. Therefore, I had a lot of things to do. That's why I couldn't concentrate and think about it properly.

4) To be honest with you, after the conference, I completely forgot the question, but thankfully our dear friend Elham reminded me.

I have promised to write something about your difficult question. It should be mentioned that I am just writing something about it. In other words, I am not answering to your question, since it belongs to another area; beyond my field of study.

Firstly, according to the Holy Koran, this world is just a place(and of course an opportunity) for people to make themselves ready for transferring to another world. You may ask; "well, when someone dies earlier than others, they don't take enough time to prepare for the travel." That's true from one aspect, but having long longevity doesn't necessarily mean good preparation. The majority of people waste their lives. These people make themselves heavy with committing sins. Committing sins and bad actions result in short wings. Therefore, they cannot fly! Plus, time is extremely important. For many people, the longer longevity, the higher possibility to get heavy!

In order to make it understandable, let me make an analogy between sin and heaviness on the one hand, good action and wing on the other hand. Committing sins make someone heavy, which is against of the rule of travelling, and good deeds result in long and wide wings which lead to easy flight.

Using simple maths shows that for bad people it is better to leave this world earlier, and good people can live longer, because the more they live, the bigger their wings become! This calculation is correct from our stand of view, but who can guarantee that those good people will be good forever? Maybe, today someone has got two big wings(due to good deeds), but tomorrow they may act badly and, consequently, their wings get shortened. Who knows?

For some people, leaving early is good(dying), for some others, staying longer is useful(living more). Only God knows what is good for people!

Secondly, when we evaluate things by using our feelings and thoughts, we consider some things lucky(as you have put it), some others unlucky. This way of categorization does not work from God's point of View! This way of evaluating has created by human beings. Your friend looks sick. We(you and I) say, "Oh, poor she!". We are not aware that this sickness may result in some good events. Maybe for that person, leaving earlier is the exact luckiness! Who knows?

Finally, we say, "Poor she", because we think the life is just limited to this world. This way of thinking is one of the disadvantages of materialist philosophy. Although it makes people work hard to have better lives(taking the only opportunity and maximum benefits, because we can live once according to this philosophy), it has some negative effects. For example, the poor and sick people are disappointed. In addition, people(the poor and the rich) are spiritually weak. Being spiritually weak can be one of the main reasons for self-killing in the modern societies.

In conclusion, I think, our way of evaluation and calculation is wrong! We are not aware of the exact luckiness and unluckiness!

I hope it helps.

All the best,
Behnam, 26 November, 2012

behnam
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion