EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

How do I regain my confidence in speaking English?

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

How do I regain my confidence in speaking English?

Postby aja675 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:24 pm

I used to be a native speaker, but I've forgotten my confidence in speaking it because of peer pressure/bullying. As you could see, I was born and raised in a non-English speaking country.
aja675

Re: How do I regain my confidence in speaking English?

Postby Dixie » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:35 pm

aja675 wrote:I used to be a native speaker, but I've forgotten my confidence in speaking it because of peer pressure/bullying. As you could see, I was born and raised in a non-English speaking country.

Hi,

I don't understand, you used to be a native speaker, yet you were born in a non-English speaking country? Could you give us more details?

I think the only way to regain your confidence is simple: speaking. Once you start, more than half the road is done! ;-)
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby mattyppz » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:04 am

Best way to get that comfortable with a foreign language is to do writing essays in English. It will drastically improve your speaking skills as well as your vocabulary.
mattyppz

Postby K1ara » Thu May 02, 2013 12:38 pm

I agree with Dixie.
Although it is always difficult to speak a foreign language.. you learn by speaking and practicing it in real life :)
K1ara

Postby chandler » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:41 am

I think you should always read english book not in mind but using your voice for sure you will practice your english and regain the confidence,in Denmark where i am call center agent at http://goexcellent.dk/ i mostly read english book ,watch english movies and it is my key to make my english fluent.
chandler

Return to General Discussion