task2 IELTS- give me your opinion

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

sarasajedi

task2 IELTS- give me your opinion

Post by sarasajedi »

People prefer to watch foreign films rather than locally produced ones. Why do you think this happens? Should the government support local film makers financially?

The idea that watching foreign films is gaining more popularity with citizens in general, and individuals from developing countries in specific, more than ever before, which affect the time spending on watching the local films. As I shall argue this is not the whole picture, there are compelling ways that government should do to support regional film makers.
To begin with, the presence of international acclaimed actors and directors is what encourages people to watch foreign movies. People really like to know how one actor works to become famous or which movies famous actors work. Also, some festivals such as Oscar and Canne festivals introduce some films which win awards.
In addition, in developed countries, technological advancements improve quality of films. These day technology provide better sound and visual quality which attract people such as animation movies, science fiction movies.
however, the governments can play a vital role to survive local film industry. Government can provide interest free loans for films based on local culture and pay tax relief to regional film makers. Some local festivals should be similar to foreign festivals in different perspective such as the number of films invited to show and different ways one film analyzed. By holding big festivals, local people encourage to watch local films which related to local culture and custom.
In conclusion, I once again would like to argue that famous international actors and directors in foreign films may encourage people to watch foreign films more than local film, however the governments can support local film makers in various ways including low tax, interest free loan and holding local festivals.
JasleenKaur

Re: task2 IELTS- give me your opinion

Post by JasleenKaur »

:ok: Nice passage !