EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

New-entry from Italy - hi!

Welcome to EC! Meet other EC members, find penpals

Moderators: Dixie, EC

Postby serenella » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:01 pm

Arale, I agree with you.
Teaching a language means teaching to communicate, so group-work is very helpful, even if it causes noise in the classroom.
Anyway, I have found some classes which were strictly organized according to quitness, I mean each student was matched in his/her desk with another student he/she didn't like or who was very different in behaviour, opinion, etc. In such a way teachers prevented them from talking during the lesson, but proposing pair/group work was impossible without changing the whole layout of the class and a lesson time is too short for organizing couples and moving seats.
serenella
Gold Member

Postby Butler » Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:41 pm

I use music a lot to help students listen and understand, I remove certain words from the lyrics of a song and they have to write them back in while listening to the song. Good fun and I use short songs (3 minutes).
Butler
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Asep » Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:46 pm

Same method as one my E teachers applied when I was still at college and took an E class two years ago.
Asep
Gold Member

Postby Dixie » Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:23 pm

Butler wrote:I use music a lot to help students listen and understand, I remove certain words from the lyrics of a song and they have to write them back in while listening to the song. Good fun and I use short songs (3 minutes).

I use exactly the same method. Maybe we could share some song titles and the grammar used in there :P
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Asep » Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:32 am

My teacher played "Creep" by Radiohead, "Another Day in Paradise" by Phil Collins, and many more.
Asep
Gold Member

Postby Butler » Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:16 am

I always use (don't laugh) dream a little dream by Mama Cass, short song and easy to understand her. I also use sometimes a song that nobody knows so they get to hear something fresh and have no chance of remembering the lyrics, I use it only for some of the advanced students.
Butler
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:36 pm

Asep wrote:My teacher played "Creep" by Radiohead, "Another Day in Paradise" by Phil Collins, and many more.

Wow I got that one, Another Day in Paradise. I was just listening to it a while ago on my way back home. So your teacher used it in your class? That's interesting :roll: Kind of a sad song though :D
Dixie

Postby Asep » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:45 am

Yeah, and guess what! This could've been the very first song I heard of Phil Collins. I like his "You'll Be in My Heart", too, Dixie. :) This song can never fail to remind me of someone out there.... :wink:

Here's a pic of this bald man. Hehe....

Asep
Gold Member

Postby Dixie » Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:13 am

You'll Be in My Heart, that song makes me cry!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :oops: :oops: It's so beautiful. :roll:
Dixie

Postby Asep » Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:14 am

And romantic as well. :roll:
Asep
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome Forum