EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Carlos from Barcelona

Welcome to EC! Meet other EC members, find penpals

Moderators: Dixie, EC

Postby carlosmr » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:37 pm

francine wrote:we work in manila but we live in another city.
is barcelona close to catalunya?


Hi francine,

Spain is the country, Catalunya is similar to a district, and Barcelona is the city.

Spain is divided in a lot of districts (Madrid, Basque country, Andaluzia, etc...)

Is the same in your country?

Regards,
carlosmr
Member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:30 pm
Location: Barcelona (Spain)

Postby francine » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:41 pm

carlosmr wrote:Hi francine,
Spain is the country, Catalunya is similar to a district, and Barcelona is the city.
Spain is divided in a lot of districts (Madrid, Basque country, Andaluzia, etc...)
Is the same in your country?

Regards,

oh yeah i forgot! :|
well, same goes here.
i just thought that catalunya is a different state, that's why. :wink: thnks for the info.
just asking bcz we do have a friend here, she's actually one of the moderators. her name is Dixie. but we usually call her mommy Dixie. :mrgreen: oh, btw, she's from catalunya.
Image
User avatar
francine
Platinum Member
 
Posts: 771
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Filipinas

Postby carlosmr » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:40 pm

charlotte wrote:hello carlos! nic eto know you've visited this site. so how's barcelona? well, i'm from the philippines as well. if you and your gf want to vist our country, we could tour you here. surely you'll enjoy the place. :D :D :D


Hi charlotte,

I think Barcelona is a beautiful city, a lot of museums, beach, discotheques, etc.... But I prefer other European Cities especially Paris. I have several photos of Paris and Barcelona.
We can change photos of Barcelona & Philippines, if you want...

Near Barcelona there are beautiful beachs, and a lot of mountains to practice ski. And almost the year we have nice weather.

And you could be ours guide :D
We guess in two years we can travel to Asian country, Philippines is a good option. we need to save money every month, because a think the travel will be expensive, and improve my speaking, because is so bad. I don't have a fluent english.

Best Regards
carlosmr
Member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:30 pm
Location: Barcelona (Spain)

Postby charlotte » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:55 pm

carlosmr wrote:
charlotte wrote:hello carlos! nic eto know you've visited this site. so how's barcelona? well, i'm from the philippines as well. if you and your gf want to vist our country, we could tour you here. surely you'll enjoy the place. :D :D :D


Hi charlotte,

I think Barcelona is a beautiful city, a lot of museums, beach, discotheques, etc.... But I prefer other European Cities especially Paris. I have several photos of Paris and Barcelona.
We can change photos of Barcelona & Philippines, if you want...

Near Barcelona there are beautiful beachs, and a lot of mountains to practice ski. And almost the year we have nice weather.

And you could be ours guide :D
We guess in two years we can travel to Asian country, Philippines is a good option. we need to save money every month, because a think the travel will be expensive, and improve my speaking, because is so bad. I don't have a fluent english.

Best Regards


Sure! I could tour you around. Guess I could have Francine with me to accompany you and your girlfriend.

Yeah I know that Europe is really nice. You are lucky because you get to ski. In the Philippines, there is no snow. We only have two types of weather here. Summer and rainy season.
That's the reason why we also have lots of beaches here. Tourist normally go to Boracay and in El Nido (Palawan). We have white beaches and they love the fun and the partying. If you enjoy eating, you'll surely love our food. It's a mixture of Spanish, Chinese and American cuisines. :D :D

If you'll go hear, it is better that you won't be under a travel agency so your itenerary will not be limited. :D :D And it's a lot cheaper. :D :D
Last edited by charlotte on Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F r E n Z Y F r I e N d
charlotte
Gold Member
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:02 pm

Postby Dixie » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:01 pm

Francine, Barcelona is the capital of Catalunya.

As you can see, there are some people living here that still think we're part of a country with which we Catalans do not share neither the language nor the customs nor the history, and shall I go on? I never use the Spanish language in my daily life. I hate bull-fighting. I do not think as a Spaniard. I do not like flamenco. Therefore, why should I say I am Spanish? I do not feel Spanish, therefore I am not, because no one can force you to feel something you cannot possibly feel in any way. I don't think I should go on in order for you all to understand.

Francine, what Carlos said is actually right. That's the official version, as sad as it may sound for us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalonia
User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
 
Posts: 9856
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Location: Catalunya
Status: English Teacher

Postby ayie » Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:20 am

Welcome carlosmr! Spain is such an interesting place... very historical too. We hope to hear more about your country sometime. :D We'll tell you more about the Philippines too...
By the way, do you have a friendster.com account? If you do, maybe we can add each other as friends. Otherwise, if you're interested, you can sign up and we can be your first set of friends to be added to your friend's list. :wink:
You can check it out sometime. :D
You have a great tmie at EC! Bye for now! :D
User avatar
ayie
Gold Member
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:44 pm

Postby Sunny » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:21 am

Welcome you to sunny boy, welcome to travel to China, at here not only the landsacpe of GuiLin, but also Great Wall and Warrior Statues and so on...
User avatar
Sunny
Silver Member
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:32 pm
Location: China

Postby francine » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:16 pm

Dixie wrote:Francine, Barcelona is the capital of Catalunya.

oh.. silly me.... oh well... :| :oops:
Dixie wrote:As you can see, there are some people living here that still think we're part of a country with which we Catalans do not share neither the language nor the customs nor the history, and shall I go on? I never use the Spanish language in my daily life. I hate bull-fighting. I do not think as a Spaniard. I do not like flamenco. Therefore, why should I say I am Spanish? I do not feel Spanish, therefore I am not, because no one can force you to feel something you cannot possibly feel in any way. I don't think I should go on in order for you all to understand.

Francine, what Carlos said is actually right. That's the official version, as sad as it may sound for us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalonia


i understand perfectly. and i respect that. i'm just poor in geography. hehehe.... :wink:
Image
User avatar
francine
Platinum Member
 
Posts: 771
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Filipinas

Postby Dixie » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:25 pm

I like your new picture, Francine ;)
User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
 
Posts: 9856
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Location: Catalunya
Status: English Teacher

Postby francine » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:40 pm

Dixie wrote:I like your new picture, Francine ;)

nice, thanks... you're the first one who appreciated my pix.
greatjim doesn't like it much. he likes the reporter or broadcaster look. haha.. :lol: next week, i'll be changing my picture again. it's a weekly basis y'know. :wink:
Image
User avatar
francine
Platinum Member
 
Posts: 771
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Filipinas

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests