English Teacher among Explosions

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

harbey

English Teacher among Explosions

Post by harbey »

Hi !! Everyone. A True Story

I'd like to introduce myself to my colleagues and students. I'm an English teacher or frankly speaking I'm an English tutor. I was born in 1941 but I've been teaching since 1998!! I was a journalist and a writer. I used to write about social and political issues. I had eight books about energy, food, oil, brain drained. I began my career in 1972. I liked journalism very much. It is said that the journalism is the "profession of trouble". It really is.! In 1980 I was prevented from writing by the ex-regime. The authority retired me. Daily life was very hard and severe here in my country especially with a family of a wife and three children. Due to the economic inflation which amounted to about 3000% [three thousand percent] my pension was equal to 2.5 USD monthly!! I had to work to afford the family expenses. But really I don't know anything else but writing!! I had to write and keep my writings to myself because the authority warned me not to publish anything or …!! I managed to run a small shop for food stuff but unfortunately failed and lost. Then I managed to run my own car spare parts, failed too.
I like live languages very much. I began to learn and to improve my English. I also have been trying to restore and improve my Spanish and French. I began to teach English to children of Primary and secondary schools, to merchants and businessmen who need English conversation in their business trips. I'm used to teaching languages at my home and in students' residence!! After freeing our country from the dictatorship, we got two important media the Internet and Mobile phones which were forbidden in ex-regime totalitarianism. I began to surf the Internet to improve my English, Spanish, and French. I appreciate very much sites of English-to-go, English Club, EnchantedLearning, American Heritage, Don Quijote, etc. and Yahoo! Email which facilitates my work.
Now I feel very satisfied and happy. I can work and serve other people to learn English. I appreciate sending me all comments and advice from all.
Thank you very much.

Yours sincerely,
Harbey Muhammadali
English Teacher,
Baghdad-IRAQ.
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Hello Harbey ! Welcome to EnglishClub !

Now you can play mixing games, french, english, spanish...

I forgot : what is your mother tongue ?

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
chemist
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by chemist »

Big respect to you.
I like listenning to people real stories which can teach us many things about life.
Salam to All Iraqi people who still live in worse situation.
I'm your friend chemist ,oil analyst in alumninum industry.I'm Bahraini.
send my best wishes to your family I'm sure they are proud to have a father like you :)
harbey

Thanks a lot

Post by harbey »

shokin wrote:Hello Harbey ! Welcome to EnglishClub !

Now you can play mixing games, french, english, spanish...

I forgot : what is your mother tongue ?

Shokin
Dear friend,
Thanks a lot for your kind feelings. My mother language is Arabic. Unfortunately we have been suffering from terrorism since freeing my country fom Dictatorship. It's our destiny. We must suffer to get rid of criminal terrorists in defence of Freedom and Justice in the whole world.
Yours sincerely .
Harbey