EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

How to make more friends?

Welcome to EC! Meet other EC members, find penpals

Moderators: Dixie, EC

How to make more friends?

Postby DingBilly » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:04 am

1. Conversable. You are glad to talk many topics with friends, then the others would tell you more what they know and they like.

2. Extensive interests. If you like movie, many movies lovers would talk the good movies with you. If you like song, many song fans would show their feelings about the songs. If you like cars, many care lovers would invite to race....

3. Kind and Friendly. Any one hopes to have a nice chat one line after hausted work one day. In the happy circumstance, two sides all feel comfortable as chat face to face.

4. Keep in touch. After good chat, your friend would remember you and hope you fine and happy. If you hava a good news, pls share with friends. If you feel sad, pls talk with friends to cheer up.

5. Help as you can. Help your cyber friends to resolve some small troubles... That makes them feel helpful and warm.

Hope everyone can Skype many good freinds.
DingBilly

Postby Arale » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:02 pm

DinhBilly wrote:
1. Conversable. You are glad to talk many topics with friends, then the others would tell you more what they know and they like.

2. Extensive interests. If you like movie, many movies lovers would talk the good movies with you. If you like song, many song fans would show their feelings about the songs. If you like cars, many care lovers would invite to race....

3. Kind and Friendly. Any one hopes to have a nice chat one line after hausted work one day. In the happy circumstance, two sides all feel comfortable as chat face to face.

4. Keep in touch. After good chat, your friend would remember you and hope you fine and happy. If you hava a good news, pls share with friends. If you feel sad, pls talk with friends to cheer up.

5. Help as you can. Help your cyber friends to resolve some small troubles... That makes them feel helpful and warm.

Hope everyone can Skype many good freinds.

Thanks much,DinhBilly
I guess you have so many good friends,don't you?
Nice to know you here.

_Arale_
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Pirate » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:03 pm

Nice topic!

By the way, has anyone read "How to win friends and influence people" by Dale Carnegy? An old book but worth reading.
Pirate
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby DingBilly » Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:08 pm

pirate wrote:By the way, has anyone read "How to win friends and influence people" by Dale Carnegy? An old book but worth reading.
How to find the book? Do you know what website there is the book to read? Tks.
DingBilly

Postby GORK » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:36 am

Thanks so much,DinhBilly
It's very useful for me.
Call me "Gork"
GORK

Postby DingBilly » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:31 am

I am very happy that you like this post. Hope to make many good friends here.
My MSN: DingBilly@hotmail.com
You are what you think and act.
DingBilly

Re: How to make more friends?

Postby peiying » Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:12 pm

clever man will make more and more friends as you[quote="DingBilly"]1. Conversable. You are glad to talk many topics with friends, then the others would tell you more what they know and they like.

Hope everyone can Skype many good freinds.[/quote]
peiying

Postby peiying » Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:22 pm

would you like to make friend with me?
peiying

Postby Pirate » Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:57 pm

DingBilly wrote:How to find the book? Do you know what website there is the book to read? Tks.

*Well, if you can afford, the book is available on http://www.amazon.com, follow the link for more details of buying:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... 9?v=glance

*This is Dale Carnegie's summary of his book, from 1936
http://www.westegg.com/unmaintained/car ... iends.html

*A Book Review
by Michael C. Gray
June 28, 2002
http://www.profitadvisors.com/friends.shtml

Image Image

You can find more with google searching engine. If you like, I will translate some interesting parts back into English since my book is in Vietnamese.

See you,
Pirate
Last edited by Pirate on Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pirate
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby DingBilly » Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:00 am

Thank for giving me so much information. I will try to see it.
My MSN: DingBilly@hotmail.com
You are what you think and act.
DingBilly

Next

Return to Welcome Forum