Hello from France

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Asline

Hello from France

Post by Asline »

Hi everyone !

I hope everyone is okay and don't find English learning really difficult :)

First of all, I'd like to apologize for all my English mistakes... Sometimes, it could be awful :p

I'm Asline, 22 years old from France. I'm living in Paris suburbs. I've studied Sociology and Literature. Actually I'm a second year Master student in Communication. I spent these last two years in two different universities in Paris (la Sorbonne and Descartes).

As you can assume, I need English in my career project. I would love to work in an international company dealing with communication and foreign cultures. So English is really important, a crux...

That's why I was looking for a way to increase my intermediate level and meet different people. This website seems to achieve all of these features :D

If you have any questions about France and/or Paris, don't hesitate ! I don't like Paris but I can understand why tourist can enjoy to visit this city. But believe me, living in Paris is HELL :~:

Oh, I forgot to tell you that I love Asian cultures and, maybe, planning to go back in Canada and live there (Ontario or BC). I had the opportunity, last year, to do my internship in Alberta and visit this province, BC and USA (Idaho and Washington state). Wonderful !!!
I'm actually looking for an other internship in communication so if you have any tips, don't hesitate to send me a private message :D

Talk to you soon ^^
Teresa

Re: Hello from France

Post by Teresa »

Hello Asline,

Nice to know that you love Asian cultures, I'm living in one of Asian countries. Although my English isn't very good, but I would love to share our cultures to you. So please don't hesitate to contact me if you wanna know something.
You know, I love to go to EU, France & Roma is one of destination I dream to go about. My sister is going to France in this new year holiday. Could you please intro. us where are interesting places to go in your country? what should & shouldn't we do to look like a local person? & What should we wear during the time traveling there?
Well, I forgot to ask what is the weather like on January in your country?
Hope to getting your sharing soon & thank you in advance.
Have a great weekend!

Cheers,
Teresa
Asline

Post by Asline »

Hi Teresa ! Nice to meet ya :)

Oh you're living in Asia ?! Lucky you are :p Where do you live ?

I think your English is quite good, don't worry ;) And, of course, I'd love to share with you ^^

Well, about your question, I guess this is really hard to answer. Indeed, France in quite a big and heterogeneous country so it depends on what you want to see...
For this New Year holidays, Paris is quite great with its lights, places to visit, animations etc... I heard how tourists love celebrate the New Year moment in front of the Eiffel Tower and the Trocadéro.

If you would like to visit a smaller city, there's Lille (in the North... so cooler :p ); Bordeaux (wonderful with its beaches; bridges etc...)...

About the weather, December & January aren't that bad. It's usually between minus 5° and +10°. Last year it was horrible in Europe with the snow etc... I don't know if it's gonna be the same so be careful !
If you can't handle the cold weather, you should visit the South of France : Bordeaux; Biarritz; Marseille (but it's not a good place to visit for your first time); Cannes (where's the festival is taken place) etc... It's really beautiful out there and much cheaper !

I hope I gave you enough information :) Don't hesitate to ask me more ^^

Talk to you soon Teresa !
Teresa

Post by Teresa »

Hi Asline,

Really nice to meet you too & very happy for replying quickly!

I'm living in Hochiminh city, Vietnam. Do you know where is this place? & have you heard anything about country before?

Indeed, I'm not very good in English & I'm trying my best to improve my English day by day. Hope I can practice English with you & everyone here. Great to know this site by searching & I really love the way of learning & teaching here. How long have you known this site?

Great & thanks for your useful information. As far as the tour designed, she surely goes to Paris to admire Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame de Paris, romantic Seine river...and she has got a freedom night at Paris, she is confused about where should she go to take coffee, shopping & dancing? She will be there (EU, not France only) from Christmas till the new year. By the way, may you tell me what should & shouldn't she do to look like a local person?

You know our tour guides here have never introduce us any places in Southern. Really? It's much cheaper if we travel to these places. It's nice, she & I will go there next time.

Oh, it's very colder than where I'm living. I'm going to tell my sister to bring warm jacket accompany. Hope she'll have a great time!

Again, thanks for your valuable time & talk to you very soon.

Teresa