EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

my country

Add your poems, essays and short stories here. Please do not post work by other writers.

Moderators: Vega, EC

my country

Postby anelka » Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:20 pm

Situated in the west of Afica, Cote d'ivoire Is a small francopnon country Of about 16,000,000 persons. this country lived in paece and friendship between peoples 30 years ago. But since 1999, It know a very big trouble with a coup of general "Guéi" . Since this date, he wen t form coup to coup. To day, it is leaving the more difficult trouble of its youth story.
there are too mush countries whish are in the same cases that my country because of the bad leading of ours leaders.
anelka

Postby True Fire » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:23 pm

Hi, welcome.

If you told us about your country more clearly, we would have known more about you and your country.
Noun by Noun, Verb by Verb: It is details that make writing interesting.
True Fire
Gold Member

Postby Dixie » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:40 pm

That topic is quite old
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Re: my country

Postby pinas » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:41 pm

anelka wrote:Situated in the west of Afica, Cote d'ivoire Is a small francopnon country Of about 16,000,000 persons. this country lived in paece and friendship between peoples 30 years ago. But since 1999, It know a very big trouble with a coup of general "Guéi" . Since this date, he wen t form coup to coup. To day, it is leaving the more difficult trouble of its youth story.
there are too mush countries whish are in the same cases that my country because of the bad leading of ours leaders.

ivory coast!!!
dalagang pilipina - a cool chick that is
pinas
Gold Member

Postby RedRose » Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:31 pm

anelka wrote:Situated in the west of Afica, Cote d'ivoire Is a small francopnon country Of about 16,000,000 persons. this country lived in paece and friendship between peoples 30 years ago. But since 1999, It know a very big trouble with a coup of general "Guéi" . Since this date, he wen t form coup to coup. To day, it is leaving the more difficult trouble of its youth story.

sorry for my bad english. but, where are you from?
RedRose

Postby pinas » Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:34 pm

RedRose wrote:

sorry for my bad english. but, where are you from?

it's ivory coast, isn't it?
dalagang pilipina - a cool chick that is
pinas
Gold Member

Postby Dixie » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:45 pm

Yes
Dixie

Postby Muriel » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:21 pm

Cote d'Ivoire is French for Coast of Ivory or what we call in English Ivory Coast in Africa.

cote = coast
de = of
ivoire = ivory

There's an accent on the o of cote, but I can't find it on my keyboard :oops:
Muriel

Return to Creative Writing