EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

RAMADAN - The month of fasting

Add your poems, essays and short stories here. Please do not post work by other writers.

Moderators: Vega, EC

RAMADAN - The month of fasting

Postby kimo » Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:39 pm

Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar. Islam uses a lunar calendar—that is, each month begins with the sighting of the new moon. Because the lunar calendar is about 11 days shorter than the solar calendar used elsewhere, Islamic holidays "move" each year. In 2004 Ramadan will begin on Oct. 15.
For more than a billion Muslims around the world—including some 8 million in North America—Ramadan is a "month of blessing" marked by prayer, fasting, and charity. This year Ramadan precedes Christmas and Hanukkah. But while in many places these holidays have become widely commercialized, Ramadan retains its focus on self-sacrifice and devotion to Allah (God).
:D :D :D
and i will send more details about Ramadan soooon God willing(insha allah)
kimo
Gold Member

Postby Dixie » Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:49 pm

Is then when muslims go to Mecca and pray in the Kaaba or something like that? Sorry, I studied that in college but I just forgot... :roll: Can you tell us, Kimo?
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby kimo » Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:10 pm

[

Hi there.....
First of all I would like to thank u for ur massage, and I read some of ur massages and I enjoyed them .
About our Pray we can do it anywhere in the world no need to go Mecca ,but if any Muslim do his Pray in Mecca he will get more charity special in Ramadan our God(ALLAH) gives us more charity in Ramadan ,So we see a lot of people go to Mecca seeking for more charity .
I will try to write about any thing in my mind so I hope to send me ur opinion to encourage me to do my best.

Anyway I hope to be in touch
Good luck
kimo

:D :D :D
kimo
Gold Member

Postby francine » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:30 pm

i really find you religion very interesting... :wink:
actually i find it holy. :P
i just hope that somehow people of your religion would stop killing such innocent individuals.... :cry:
say..... are they in the same religion from you guys or are theirs different from you? :? :? :? :? :?
i would really like to know.
francine
Platinum Member

Postby pinas » Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:12 am

francine wrote:i really find you religion very interesting... :wink:
actually i find it holy. :P
i just hope that somehow <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=people&v=56">people</a> of your religion would stop killing such innocent individuals.... :cry:
say..... are they in the same religion from you guys or are theirs different from you? :? :? :? :? :?
i would really like to know.

omg, talking about being straightforward...
:shock:
dalagang pilipina - a cool chick that is
pinas
Gold Member

Postby francine » Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:26 pm

pinas wrote:omg, talking about being straightforward...
:shock:

really? hope i'm not offending anyone here..... :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: :roll:
francine
Platinum Member

Return to Creative Writing