EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

How to become success?

Add your poems, essays and short stories here. Please do not post work by other writers.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby ProfessorVerb » Wed May 11, 2005 2:12 am

I was lucky enough to visit Hong Kong briefly a long time ago -- what a cool place. I hope I get to visit again before I die.

Over the years, my definition of success has certainly changed. When I was young, I wanted to set the world on fire and knew I was the fellow to do it too. Having survived 35+ years in an office environment, I finally threw my corporate shackles off and started writing at home full time 8 years ago and I never looked back.

Today, success has assumed an entirely new meaning for me as I celebrate an enormously flexible work schedule, life with two beautiful (and intelligent) children, two grandsons who are perfect, and a loving wife of 20 years. I'm a lucky guy, for sure, and I believe I am a success by any measure (except money) :)

These were sure some interesting observations from different cultures. These are some fascinating insights ... thanks!
ProfessorVerb
Gold Member

Previous

Return to Creative Writing