EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Vase

Add your poems, essays and short stories here. Please do not post work by other writers.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Vase

Postby greatJim » Thu May 18, 2006 2:58 am

One day,when I tried to write something about my classmate,Lao-chai,who was a friend when I studied as to get a master's degree three years ago in Beijing,I thought of many things happened in those days...

Although one's life,as to be a creature,is ordinary and coocidental,there still seems has something like fate existed..

When I came back to my home,one years ago,I was sitting on a plane.My seat was near the window.A young girl ,really pretty,who was wearing a pair of glasses,was reading a book..I asked her what book she was reading...She smiled and show the book to me...It was <Norweigen's Forest>,writtern by a famous Japanese writer...

"A miserabal story.."I said.

"Uncle,have you ever read ?"She was curious and surprised.

"Yes..Do you like that?"I said.

"I don't know."She looked really beautiful when smiling a little..

"Have you ever played the switchback(big dipper) before?"She asked me ,with eyes open and close..how cute and naughty...

I shaked my head..And she said,"very exciting,sometimes up and suddenly down."She acted it for me by moving her body.

"yes."I could imagine...It was sunny ouside the plane's window.The white cloud and blue sky looked so clean..I would soon be back home,and my wife was waiting .......
greatJim
Platinum Member

Postby Dixie » Thu May 18, 2006 11:46 am

Nice, GJ. Does it continue?
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby greatJim » Tue May 30, 2006 6:03 am

Dixie wrote:Nice, GJ. Does it continue?

Dixie,last weekend I had a cup of drink.It is a wine made in Spain..I baught it in a supermarket.

--
I hope the post here could lead to a new story..anyway.
greatJim
Platinum Member

Postby greatJim » Tue May 30, 2006 6:17 am

I was in an office now...on the screen of my computer ,there was a MSN.everyday I opened it when i opened the computer...

In the list of Msn,there was a name of a girl,whose name was Jennyzhu..She was now in Hungarian..I recognized her when I was young...Before I left Beijing ,we still met sometimes..

Jennyzhu married to a boss just several monthes ago..after i left Beijing..SHe wrote a message to me,and I heard somrthing about it...i Knew she was the lover of the foreign boss before...but now she at last made the decision...

The boss was a Finland man,maybe 20 years older than Jennyzhu..
greatJim
Platinum Member

Postby tikay » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:53 am

keep going I like the tone...like soft music...soothing/soft. :)
tikay
Platinum Member

Postby shoreline » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:42 am

in China, talking about women that using the word "vase", maybe you can imagine a vase, compare outside and inside of it, the meaning is self-evident. hope this story not continue to the end like that. :?
Don't think twice before you listen to your heart. I will think thrice!
shoreline

Postby greatJim » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:03 am

I always thought one problem,what was fortune,and misfortune...

for a simple person,sometimes it was absolute...

Since that,maybe if there exist one,when god laid some gifts to somebody at some special time..the others were looking for happiness blindly.........

Whatever,Jennyzhu was one friend of mine..In some persons' eyes.she sold her spirit to a rich man..I should delete her name on the Msn...when I talked with my friends,i should not tell the topic about her.....

But,i knew someday,she fell in love with a young guy ,and the guy was just one of my roommate.....

it was a summer..evening,she sat in our dormitary..only the guy and me were there.....The guy chated with her...the time passed quickly..I went out and bought a watermelon ..and took it back..
greatJim
Platinum Member

Postby greatJim » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:09 am

Fangfang,did u still remember the day we met the first time?

yes,after we recognized for one year,we married.

at that time,I just split up with my ex-girl friend.and was in bad mood...

It was a party organized by a website for marriage.The date place was in an old town.

i tried to dissemble my feeling,looked like indifferent as if I was a playboy in the emotion..

We had lunch together,with the members of the web site together...

The town has small river and old stone bridges here and there...The scenary was outlandish ,contrary to the city life ...

YOu were just back from England,graduated from an economic school..
greatJim
Platinum Member

Postby greatJim » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:22 am

Fang fang,you and I were sitting around the same table..

When we were eating foods..we introduced about ourselves to everyone..

I studied histroy when I was in the university.So they asked me what on earth this major was about..and did it really has any value for the reality?

I didn't know how to answer...
I was serving in the government at that time..my job was collecting some clues for the city's construction.

When I was asked,I thought for a while and said,"everybody has his own histroy.....like our city.."

The persons looked at me....expecting my next sentence.

but I didn't know how to continue at that moment.and i looked around the faces around the desk....

yes.Fangfang,at that time..You rolled the foods on the table.."Jim,.."

There was a dish of spiral shells .."yes,"I took one shell from the plate rolled before my seat.

"Like this shell.."I said,"It was a food only existed in south of china...But if I never tasted it before,when I was a child.I would not remember it so deeply in my memory..."

"And the histroy's meaning is the same too."I added.
greatJim
Platinum Member

Postby greatJim » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:26 am

History became history when it wants,Fangfang and I got married after we recognized with each other for several months.

I ended my single life and had a warm home.

Sometimes I asked Fangfang ,how she thought of the local culture after several years' life in England.

She said when she was in overseas,she missed the CHinese food very much...The habbit of eating made her go back to China....

When she said these words to me ,she flushed lightly,which made her look very beautiful and shy...

Maybe it was true,I didn't know ,but I really loved Fangfang very much ,especially during the first year after we got married.
greatJim
Platinum Member

Next

Return to Creative Writing