The Truth

Add your poems, essays and short stories here. Please do not post work by other writers.

Moderator: EC

letsjam
Rising Star
Rising Star

The Truth

Post by letsjam »

My essay...

THE TRUTH

The important things are always simple; the simple are always hard.
~From Murphy’s Laws of Combat Operations
I found myself thinking why the truth needs to be proved.
World exists. I don’t need to prove it to you, right? The realization is reality reflected in the consciousness of man. It means that you realize some certain things and you don’t need a proof that they exist or something. This is reality and your consciousness accepts it. Okay, but if I say that life exists not only on Earth, but also on unknown planet in the neighboring galaxy, will you believe it? Probably not because you didn’t see it by your own eyes, scientists didn’t prove it yet, and just because my opinion and my words aren’t enough for you to believe in aliens. For human’s consciousness, the truth is something that is in accordance with facts, with reality, etc. Life on another planet isn’t in this category, is it?
Let’s imagine the following situation.
A new planet was just created. There are rivers, forests and oceans on it, but animals and humans don’t exist there [yet]. How will you prove that this new world exists if there is no living creature on it? Who will prove it if there is nobody in this just created world? Nobody will fly on our Earth to say that he exists and so does his world. But if you haven’t the proof that that world exists, you don’t accept this fact. This is nothing more, but a fairy – tale for you.
If you don’t know that anything is true, it doesn’t mean this “anything” doesn’t exist. You accept only theoretically and practically substantiated facts and it becomes the part of your knowledge. World you live in exists, and this is a part of your knowledge, life on another planet exists, but as you haven’t the proof of it, it becomes the part of your imagination. Because maybe life on another planet doesn’t exist, but you haven’t the proof of it anyways.
If I say that my mom is a professional ballet – dancer or in other words, ballerina (btw this is really true), you will believe it, even though I didn’t prove my words by pictures or something. You accept this fact and forget about it. But if I say something really provocative and true, you will remember it always, well maybe not always, but you will remember it. Though maybe you will still doubt it because proofs won’t be convincing enough for you :-]
So then if we have such a powerful and effective instrument of realization and cognition – our brains – we know what is true and what is not (or we think we know), and if we strive to know the truth, why don’t we believe in things unseen?
The answer is simple –
The absence of full and exact information of subject we are interested in creates our doubts that this subject is true. We doubt that life on another planet exists because we haven’t information about it.
Also, the provocative subject the harder to believe that this subject is true.
That’s why we always need to prove something to someone.
Ms.A.Z
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Ms.A.Z »

lets jam,

Good essay althought i was confusing.Its very true what you said.Never looked at things before like that. :wink: